Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Speaks, we all listen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strider wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Strider wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:
McKenzie said he considered Notre Dame linebacker Manti Teo a first-round talent

oh no really so he likes teo. smh. somebody better tape a cheetah to teo's back so he can survive in the nfl

I was thinking something similar. If Reggie drafts Te'o with anything higher than our third rounder, I am going to quit watching football.

Guarantee ya wont!

I already stopped watching Laker games after they hired D'Antoni.

word!

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
NickButera

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
So Reggie said Dennis is closing in on a offensive cordinator. And so far we have been connected to mike Martz , Greg Olson ,Marc trestman and norv turner. Trestman and turner are hired. If we hired Olson or Martz it would be a epic fail and would convince me that Dennis is incompotent.

McKenzie didn't even really confirm Olson, and Martz was a while ago. I wouldn't get those panties in a bunch until a hire is made. McKenzie mentioned Trestman and Norv, never mentioned Martz for what it's worth.

And to my knowledge it was never public knowledge that McKenzie had talked to Norv until he came out and said he had talked to them today. They may have interviewed others without us knowing about it.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
So Reggie said Dennis is closing in on a offensive cordinator. And so far we have been connected to mike Martz , Greg Olson ,Marc trestman and norv turner. Trestman and turner are hired. If we hired Olson or Martz it would be a epic fail and would convince me that Dennis is incompotent.

McKenzie didn't even really confirm Olson, and Martz was a while ago. I wouldn't get those panties in a bunch until a hire is made. McKenzie mentioned Trestman and Norv, never mentioned Martz for what it's worth.

And to my knowledge it was never public knowledge that McKenzie had talked to Norv until he came out and said he had talked to them today. They may have interviewed others without us knowing about it.
Lets hope so ! True though that nobody knew we talked to norv until Reggie said so.
G

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad we got him (RM) last year as I think he'd been hired this year as a GM for one of those openings...7 openings Rolling Eyes
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I'm glad we got him (RM) last year as I think he'd been hired this year as a GM for one of those openings...7 openings Rolling Eyes

Gratz on 3k posts
raiders707

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm... i just wish Reggie would of came in into the 2005 season right when AL Davis was making it rain with contracts like a Rapper at Magic City. lol.. Dhall Javon Walker, GWilson and so forth.. rip AL Davis just through money at the problem to bring in players Javon did good in GB and Den Wilson fresh off that SB and well DHall is DHall..... M2M no bueno..
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Doesn't sound like Allen is on a short leash. I'm confident Reggie and DA will find the right play caller. Big name or not.

P.S. Please cut Kelly.

He did say everything depends on money. That may be your answer there. But I would rather a trade for whatever we can get.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reading the transcript of the interview, it sounded like Reggie wanted to cut McClain before the season even started. He referenced getting rid of him when they were still $30M over the cap. That was certainly not during the season but before. If that is the case, its good to see that the front office sees where guys aren't worth the money you are paying him. Getting a replacement this offseason is not as high a priority but one that needs to be addressed.

Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
In reading the transcript of the interview, it sounded like Reggie wanted to cut McClain before the season even started. He referenced getting rid of him when they were still $30M over the cap. That was certainly not during the season but before. If that is the case, its good to see that the front office sees where guys aren't worth the money you are paying him. Getting a replacement this offseason is not as high a priority but one that needs to be addressed.

I think the 30M was McClains contract money not the amount we were over the cap...
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then that was a HORRIBLE contract if that was going to be the acceleration. No wonder he is still here. Confused

Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

I think the 30M was McClains contract money not the amount we were over the cap...

Wow he gets paid 30 Million dollars and still acts this stupid...and to think of all the good people without jobs out there.
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
NickButera wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Lets hope so ! True though that nobody knew we talked to norv until Reggie said so.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but it sounds to me norv wasn't interviewed, it almost seems like he asked him in passing. But we could also be doing things on the DL. I hope we can get a good guy in soon though.

Also is it just me or does trestman look like Lenard from the Big Bang theory?
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else slightly worried that he is close to hiring an OC? The only candidates he's interviewed that haven't been hired elsewhere are Martz and Olson, right? I really hope he was just exploring options and is considering promoting Saunders instead..

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleased that McFadden is staying but not particularly inspired by the rest....oh yeah, good news that Brisel was injured, as he is certain to improve next year
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Reggie Speaks, we all listen Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/01/17/mckenzie-commits-to-mcfadden-in-2013/

Sounds like we will see some coaching hires over the weekend.

McClain wasn't cut because of cap reasons.

DMAC is in the mix for 2013.

Manti Te'o's name comes up as a first round talent.

Quote:
Were not trying to hurry up to win one or two games and mortgage the possibility of winning 10 more, McKenzie said. Were just going to build it the right way and make good, sound decisions.

Thanks for posting this, BP.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: