Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Speaks, we all listen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Strider wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Strider wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:
McKenzie said he considered Notre Dame linebacker Manti Teo a first-round talent

oh no really so he likes teo. smh. somebody better tape a cheetah to teo's back so he can survive in the nfl

I was thinking something similar. If Reggie drafts Te'o with anything higher than our third rounder, I am going to quit watching football.

Guarantee ya wont!

I already stopped watching Laker games after they hired D'Antoni.

Bet you cant go without two of your top sports. If you can, well then you aint a real man! Wink

Laughing

Please don't tell me you like Te'o after what has happened.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strider wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:
McKenzie said he considered Notre Dame linebacker Manti Teo a first-round talent

oh no really so he likes teo. smh. somebody better tape a cheetah to teo's back so he can survive in the nfl

I was thinking something similar. If Reggie drafts Te'o with anything higher than our third rounder, I am going to quit watching football.

What's he suppose to say? "We aren't taking him!" When it comes to the draft every front office is going to be vague about what they say and positive about picks. Doesn't mean we take him at 3 or at all.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strider wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Strider wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Strider wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:

Guarantee ya wont!

Bet you cant go without two of your top sports. If you can, well then you aint a real man! Wink

Laughing

I didn't even like the guy before this happened. Firstly, I dont think you draft a MLB/ILB high in the draft. Secondly, I didnt even think he was that good enough to warrant a top 10 selection. Thirdly his eyes are so far apart that I would worry for teammates to maintain eye contact with him in fear they might adopt a lazy eye.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Strider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Strider wrote:

Laughing

I didn't even like the guy before this happened. Firstly, I dont think you draft a MLB/ILB high in the draft. Secondly, I didnt even think he was that good enough to warrant a top 10 selection. Thirdly his eyes are so far apart that I would worry for teammates to maintain eye contact with him in fear they might adopt a lazy eye.

I love it! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Strider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Strider wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:

What's he suppose to say? "We aren't taking him!" When it comes to the draft every front office is going to be vague about what they say and positive about picks. Doesn't mean we take him at 3 or at all.

True, but some front offices are stupid enough to vocalize their preferred prospect.
NickButera

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Strider wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
McKenzie said he considered Notre Dame linebacker Manti Teo a first-round talent but is going to wait and see how his current story unfolds before forming any judgement regarding how will affect him in the draft.

Exactly. It says Reggie "considers him first round talent". That doesn't mean anything, it means he's think the same thing that everyone else is thinking. He's first round talent. If he said "top 5 talent".... maybe we could start drawing speculation on something.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Strider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Strider wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
McKenzie said he considered Notre Dame linebacker Manti Teo a first-round talent but is going to wait and see how his current story unfolds before forming any judgement regarding how will affect him in the draft.

Exactly. It says Reggie "considers him first round talent". That doesn't mean anything, it means he's think the same thing that everyone else is thinking. He's first round talent. If he said "top 5 talent".... maybe we could start drawing speculation on something.

Fine...

You're right. I read too much into it.
3 MILE LYLE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Strider wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Strider wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Strider wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:

Guarantee ya wont!

Laughing

Is that why he can't see when they run right at him?
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strider wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Strider wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fine...

i know what reggie meant and it doesnt mean we will pick him. but it still kinda weird that he considers him a first round talent. maybe its just head games tryna get someone to trade up for teo lolololol

i honestly dont want anything to do with teo untill mid 2nd round

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strider wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Strider wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fine...

No worries man, you're a passionate fan and our team has been less than fantastic in the new regime. It's easy to not be optimistic.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Discussion-with-GM-Reggie-McKenzie/854cf584-0b64-44ba-875b-303050036002

The full transcript.
I especially like the part where questions about McClain begin. It almost seems as if McKenzie implies he could not cut McClain last year due to the cap and being 30 mil over, but it seems by what he says that he may have wanted to.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Discussion-with-GM-Reggie-McKenzie/854cf584-0b64-44ba-875b-303050036002

The full transcript.
I especially like the part where questions about McClain begin. It almost seems as if McKenzie implies he could not cut McClain last year due to the cap and being 30 mil over, but it seems by what he says that he may have wanted to.

thanks for the link

i like what he has to say about tp

now all the quotes from the first page link make sense. you have to see the total quote to understand exactly what reg is sayin.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Reggie said Dennis is closing in on a offensive cordinator. And so far we have been connected to mike Martz , Greg Olson ,Marc trestman and norv turner. Trestman and turner are hired. If we hired Olson or Martz it would be a epic fail and would convince me that Dennis is incompotent.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
So Reggie said Dennis is closing in on a offensive cordinator. And so far we have been connected to mike Martz , Greg Olson ,Marc trestman and norv turner. Trestman and turner are hired. If we hired Olson or Martz it would be a epic fail and would convince me that Dennis is incompotent.

McKenzie didn't even really confirm Olson, and Martz was a while ago. I wouldn't get those panties in a bunch until a hire is made. McKenzie mentioned Trestman and Norv, never mentioned Martz for what it's worth.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Looking forward to another season tanked once McFadden gets injured. Rolling Eyes

+ 1 I thought they might move on. 1 more thing last year McFadden didn't look really as explosive as he used to be.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: