Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coaching Staff thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22516
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised that Trestman hasn’t brought in Alouettes LB coach Matt Sheldon for the same role here…he has plenty of NFL experience and with Lovie Smith & Bob Babich on the STL coaching staff…if he learned anything there you would think it would be a pretty smooth transition.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18280
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Surprised that Trestman hasn’t brought in Alouettes LB coach Matt Sheldon for the same role here…he has plenty of NFL experience and with Lovie Smith & Bob Babich on the STL coaching staff…if he learned anything there you would think it would be a pretty smooth transition.


I want Spags as the LB coach....if he doesnt get hired as a DC somewhere.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22516
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Surprised that Trestman hasn’t brought in Alouettes LB coach Matt Sheldon for the same role here…he has plenty of NFL experience and with Lovie Smith & Bob Babich on the STL coaching staff…if he learned anything there you would think it would be a pretty smooth transition.


I want Spags as the LB coach....if he doesnt get hired as a DC somewhere.


That could be a good shout given that all the DC positions are almost filled...doubt he goes back to Philly.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 18280
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Surprised that Trestman hasn’t brought in Alouettes LB coach Matt Sheldon for the same role here…he has plenty of NFL experience and with Lovie Smith & Bob Babich on the STL coaching staff…if he learned anything there you would think it would be a pretty smooth transition.


I want Spags as the LB coach....if he doesnt get hired as a DC somewhere.


That could be a good shout given that all the DC positions are almost filled...doubt he goes back to Philly.


I think he fits right in to what were trying to do here on defense. Yeah I dont see him going to Philly.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18903
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Mayer has now officially accepted the asst OL Coach position w/ the Bears.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 4040
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Pat Mayer has now officially accepted the asst OL Coach position w/ the Bears.

I really like this also. He was ranked as a top 10 recruiter in FBS to non Non-BCS schools. Must be a players coach, was the O coordinator at Colorado State before accepting the same job for in Montreal.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9652
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Pat Mayer has now officially accepted the asst OL Coach position w/ the Bears.


On the radio this week JD said many inside the building were upset with the strength and conditioning of the OL.

Meyer spent a huge part of his career in strength and conditioning.

Maybe he is here to wip some of these guys into shape.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChiSportsFan


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 5692
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Citing a source close to the situation, the Daily Oklahoman is reporting that Oklahoma co-offensive coordinator Jay Norvell turned down an offer to be reunited with Marc Trestman in Chicago. Trestman, who was recently named by the Bears as Lovie Smith‘s replacement, and Norvell worked on the same Oakland Raiders coaching staff in 200-03, with the former serving as offensive coordinator and the latter tight ends coach.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/25/report-jay-norvell-turned-down-nfl-job-to-stay-with-sooners/

Wonder what job he would've gotten if he chose to leave Oklahoma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22516
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
Quote:
Citing a source close to the situation, the Daily Oklahoman is reporting that Oklahoma co-offensive coordinator Jay Norvell turned down an offer to be reunited with Marc Trestman in Chicago. Trestman, who was recently named by the Bears as Lovie Smith‘s replacement, and Norvell worked on the same Oakland Raiders coaching staff in 200-03, with the former serving as offensive coordinator and the latter tight ends coach.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/25/report-jay-norvell-turned-down-nfl-job-to-stay-with-sooners/

Wonder what job he would've gotten if he chose to leave Oklahoma


1st page of the thread I called this one too lol…Norvell was the WR coach when Trestman was OC in Oakland…he would have been brought in for the same role here had he accepted the job.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group