Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Coaching Staff thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Im guessing gil is headed to jax as the db coach for bb

Yeah under new DC Bob Babich Laughing...I'm guess Bradley will be calling plays still.
Epyon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh - new Bears QB coach. Former Bears OC.

Good luck with him. He was pretty terrible with the Jets.

I think the most telling thing is that Sanchez was decent his first two years in the league, and has steadily gotten worse the longer Cavanaugh spent time with him.... This is a really really really terrible hire. I'd rather Trestman had not hired anyone to QB coach, and tried to deal with it himself, or just kept Bates on, even if Bates was likely a Cutler "yes man". I'd double that sentiment for Cowboys running back coach, who also has a legacy of failure, and our new defensive coordinator.

As far as LB coach, I actually wouldn't mind Singletary, but only if Urlacher stays in some capacity (either on field or as an assisistant) to counterbalance Singletary's "enthusiasm"... That said, if you'd consider keeping Urlacher on in some kind of coaching role, it's entirely possible he'd be a better LB coach than Singletary anyhow.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Im guessing gil is headed to jax as the db coach for bb

Yeah under new DC Bob Babich Laughing...I'm guess Bradley will be calling plays still.

Hopefully he does...

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
green24 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

I think the most telling thing is that Sanchez was decent his first two years in the league, and has steadily gotten worse the longer Cavanaugh spent time with him.... This is a really really really terrible hire. I'd rather Trestman had not hired anyone to QB coach, and tried to deal with it himself, or just kept Bates on, even if Bates was likely a Cutler "yes man". I'd double that sentiment for Cowboys running back coach, who also has a legacy of failure, and our new defensive coordinator.

As far as LB coach, I actually wouldn't mind Singletary, but only if Urlacher stays in some capacity (either on field or as an assisistant) to counterbalance Singletary's "enthusiasm"... That said, if you'd consider keeping Urlacher on in some kind of coaching role, it's entirely possible he'd be a better LB coach than Singletary anyhow.

Our new defensive coordinator has a "legacy of failure"?

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
green24 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

He has actual QB talent to work with here though. Cool

Check Cavanaugh's track record, while you need talent to succeed, he's terrible.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Epyon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:

I can see how it was misleading the way I wrote it the first time... to phrase it better:

"I'd double that sentiment of disappointment for Cowboys running back coach, who also has a legacy of failure that the Jets QB coach has.

I'd also double that sentiment of disappointment in our new defensive coordinator choice."
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

I can see how it was misleading the way I wrote it the first time... to phrase it better:

"I'd double that sentiment of disappointment for Cowboys running back coach, who also has a legacy of failure that the Jets QB coach has.

I'd also double that sentiment of disappointment in our new defensive coordinator choice."

Why are you disappointed? That was a pretty damn good coaching hire.

Epyon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Epyon wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Between 2009-2012 the Jags defense was ranked:
24th, 27th, 11th, and 29th. Our worst defense (14th) in the passed 3 years was ranked near his best defense, and still 10 ranks above every other defense he's fielded.

I mean, if I'm missing something about this guy, please enlighten me, but I really don't see how this isn't a pretty terrible record/overall hire.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Epyon wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Between 2009-2012 the Jags defense was ranked:
24th, 27th, 11th, and 29th. Our worst defense (14th) in the passed 3 years was ranked near his best defense, and still 10 ranks above every other defense he's fielded.

I mean, if I'm missing something about this guy, please enlighten me, but I really don't see how this isn't a pretty terrible record/overall hire.

Go check out the "talent" he had to work with in Jacksonville.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to remind any Bears fans perplexed over the Cavanaugh hire that Trestman will be the primary coach working with Cutler so don't stress about it.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hilarious that people lay Sanchez failure at Cavanaughs feet, or that they claim he regressed in his time there.

Sanchez has sucked from the moment he put on the Jets green. Sanchez failure is on Sanchez. He's too much of a [inappropriate/removed]-bag to improve.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
I find it hilarious that people lay Sanchez failure at Cavanaughs feet, or that they claim he regressed in his time there.

Sanchez has sucked from the moment he put on the Jets green. Sanchez failure is on Sanchez. He's too much of a [inappropriate/removed]-bag to improve.

He failed to develop Kyle Boller in Baltimore, he was OC for Pitt Panthers and went with Tyler Palko over Flacco, he's horrible.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

He failed to develop Kyle Boller in Baltimore, he was OC for Pitt Panthers and went with Tyler Palko over Flacco, he's horrible.

I'm sorry - did Kyle Boller go on to become successful somewhere else and I missed it. You can't 'coach up' a no talent hack at QB.

As for Palko - he had a very successful season the year previously and had done everything to win the job. Then red-shirt Sophmore Flacco got butt-hurt and transferred. There's not a whole lot to the story. Palko won the job based on the previous season.

And FWIW - Trestman is the QB coach for all intents and purposes. Cavanaugh is going to be here to instill discipline in Jay and to drill his mechanics and fundamentals.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
I would like to remind any Bears fans perplexed over the Cavanaugh hire that Trestman will be the primary coach working with Cutler so don't stress about it.

This. Cavanaugh's role here will be minimized. Getting the most out of Jay is going to be Trestman's project. Cavanaugh is only here for a supporting role to re-emphasize what MT is pushing.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a new Strength coach...

Quote:
Bears director of physical development Rusty Jones is retiring after 28 NFL seasons. Jones spent the last eight years with the Bears (2005-12) after 20 seasons with the Buffalo Bills (1985-2004).

"After 28 years in the league, it was time for me," Jones told ChicagoBears.com. "I just feel right now that it's time for me at this stage of my life to do other things and enjoy my family."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: