Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Te'o...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Te'o... Reply with quote

Ok so we all have heard of the really odd ordeal that has been going on with Manti and his "girlfriend" who passed away the same day as his grandmother. My question and my take on it is that this could really hurt his draft stock, depending on interviews and sit downs at the combine. My question is do you think this could hurt him enough to drop to the second? I honestly thought before all of this went down and came to light that he would drop to our second pick, the national championship really showed an inability to stop a legit running attack. So I definitely think he will fall past the first 32 picks. Would you be opposed to trading up in the second and give up maybe a later round pick to scoop him up? I would like to see him paired up with JL55.
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipedream, he isn't falling out of the top 10, the kid can play football plain and simple. One off game doesn't change that and some people act like this off the field issue is the worst thing to ever happen. It would have been much worse if it was jail, drugs, etc.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
Pipedream, he isn't falling out of the top 10, the kid can play football plain and simple. One off game doesn't change that and some people act like this off the field issue is the worst thing to ever happen. It would have been much worse if it was jail, drugs, etc.

I would cross him off my big board if what I think is true(granted I could be wrong). Completely undraftable. I think this is one of the worst off the field issues to ever happen(again if I am correct in thinking I know what happened). He fabricated the death of his fake girlfriend less than 24 hours after the death of his grandma. Why would anybody do this?

Assuming he wasn't in on this hoax, why would he lead the media to believe he has met this girl at the Stanford game? Why would he never visit, skype her? Why would he say she is the most beautiful girl he has ever met?

There are so many questions to this bizarre situation that needs to be answered before we know how much this will effect his stock.

I see no chance he goes top 10.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
He wasnt going Top 10 before this, His hype train was out of control largely due to this, but as a prospect he was barely a Top 20 talent and never Top 5 like some wanted to pretend.

I personally cant even stomach it if the worst is true, and if he was duped the entire time, his mental makeup is pretty weak and possibly now shattered. Someone will still take him in the first, but I sincerely hope that its not us.
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:
He wasnt going Top 10 before this, His hype train was out of control largely due to this, but as a prospect he was barely a Top 20 talent and never Top 5 like some wanted to pretend.

I personally cant even stomach it if the worst is true, and if he was duped the entire time, his mental makeup is pretty weak and possibly now shattered. Someone will still take him in the first, but I sincerely hope that its not us.

No I agree totally. I don't see him as a top 20 talent this year in a relatively weak draft, last year he wouldn't have been mentioned as a first rounder IMO. But like I said if possibly he would fall to the second I wouldn't be mad at taking a chance on him. Especially if he falls to us and we wouldn't have to trade up for him. He's good I won't deny that but against the run is what scares me. He completely was nonexistent in the national title game against probably the best line in the NCAA. He would be facing better lines than that every Sunday. IMO the problem is he is to light. He's I believe 220. I think he would have to be an athletic 235 to be successful in the league.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand why so many people think he'll free fall down draft boards. He has always been a top 25 selection and was overrated into the top 10 and even top 5 by some.

This thing will just raise questions he'll have to answer from the media and from coaches during the interview process. It doesn't effect his on-field play and the draft is 3 months away....he's still going in the top 25 range.

But now so many people are going to have their teams taking him in their mock drafts in the 3rd-4th rounds....omgz what a steal!!! I'm smart.
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are over blowing this lie crap. Who the hell cares? You can tell he is a high character guy, One huge mistake this young man made(If he is guilty). Ish I lie to the beeeezies all the time Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sue me.. He didn't hurt anyone. His talent is undeniable. I also agree that he wasn't going top ten. He is a safe prospect however. Kinda like Kuelechey(sp).. Besides we are in dire need of that last LB spot.

Dunbar-Laurinaitis-Teo!

Yes please!

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt want him before, dont want him now.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
People are over blowing this lie crap. Who the hell cares? You can tell he is a high character guy, One huge mistake this young man made(If he is guilty). Ish I lie to the beeeezies all the time Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sue me.. He didn't hurt anyone. His talent is undeniable. I also agree that he wasn't going top ten. He is a safe prospect however. Kinda like Kuelechey(sp).. Besides we are in dire need of that last LB spot.

Dunbar-Laurinaitis-Teo!

Yes please!

I've expressed my opinions on Te'o already, but disagree completely with the bolded part. We are in dire need of replacing Dahl, but that last LB spot isn't greatly important.

Props to mike23md

El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Dunbar-Laurinaitis-Teo!

Yes please!

I've expressed my opinions on Te'o already, but disagree completely with the bolded part. We are in dire need of replacing Dahl, but that last LB spot isn't greatly important.

You go BPA.. Teo>>>>Any Safety in this draft

Although I would love Eric Reid.

This is getting over blown imo, If I didn't know any better people act like if he killed his GF. Dude is a stud macmuffin in the making.

It was a mistake from a 22 year old kid, Cut him some slack. 100% sure he's humiliated by it.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Dunbar-Laurinaitis-Teo!

Yes please!

Although I would love Eric Reid.

This is getting over blown imo, If I didn't know any better people act like if he killed his GF. Dude is a stud macmuffin in the making.

It was a mistake from a 22 year old kid, Cut him some slack. 100% sure he's humiliated by it.

This is not some stupid mistake that college kids make. This is far worse. At the very least he greatly exaggerated his contact with his GF to gain more publicity. At the worse, he lied about the whole thing. Either way, this is a massive lapse in judgement that carried on for years. I don't want him anywhere near this team.

Props to mike23md

jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say no on Te'o. He really isn't that great of a prospect. Cover skills are overrated and he got absolutely swallowed up in the run game against Alabama. Misses a lot of tackles and guesses instead of reading and reacting.

I'm not a huge fan. I'd rather take Kevin Minter or Alec Ogletree than Te'o.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Dunbar-Laurinaitis-Teo!

Yes please!

Agree to disagree there. This is the strongest safety class in a long time. Reid is good, Vicarro from Texas could be right there, and Elam from Florida is also just as good.

It's a toss up between Reid and Vicarro, but I'll take both of them over Te'o. Something about picking coverage OLB's in the early rounds makes me nervous. Most of them bust.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
El ramster wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Dunbar-Laurinaitis-Teo!

Yes please!

Agree to disagree there. This is the strongest safety class in a long time. Reid is good, Vicarro from Texas could be right there, and Elam from Florida is also just as good.

It's a toss up between Reid and Vicarro, but I'll take both of them over Te'o. Something about picking coverage OLB's in the early rounds makes me nervous. Most of them bust.

Yea, if we pick Te'o or a safety in the first round, jrry32 will not be a happy camper.

DJ Swearinger > All other safeties in this class

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o is overrated, no thanks. CJ Mosley next year!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: