Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Get yer popcorn ready! The strange tale of Manti Te'o...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o's interview put aside the "person" aspect for me. Now it's a purely a football decision. He has to do well running and in the agility tests for me to consider drafting him

He already measured in smaller than expected and has a poor game on film. Does that outweigh the rest of his game tape? Those are the type of questions I, as well as teams in the nFl, have to answer.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Te'o comparisons that are being brought up. Solid players like Demeco Ryans and James Laurinaitis.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. When I watch film, a lot of his tackles are arm tackles and he goes in with his head down. That's a good sign that he's scared. He looked afraid of Eddie Lacey.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the revisionist history in this thread. 3 months ago we'd have been lucky if he fell to us and now he's "slow" and the same player as Jasper Brinkley. 1 bad game doesn't diminish what he can be as a football player. He would be a rock in the middle of this defense.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
Loving the revisionist history in this thread. 3 months ago we'd have been lucky if he fell to us and now he's "slow" and the same player as Jasper Brinkley.

i think only one guy said that.

plenty of us are interested to see how this one rides out.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
joru1000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
Loving the revisionist history in this thread. 3 months ago we'd have been lucky if he fell to us and now he's "slow" and the same player as Jasper Brinkley. 1 bad game doesn't diminish what he can be as a football player. He would be a rock in the middle of this defense.

The BCS National Championship happened.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings are reportedly meeting with Te'o tonight.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielman: ""To be honest with you, I don't understand [all of it], but I'm not a social media-savvy guy. I ask my kids sometimes, 'Can you actually have a girlfriend online? How does that work?' I'm pretty naive when it comes to that. But honestly, I can't answer that question until we get in front and speak with him. I'm sure we'll have numerous conversations beyond the combine."

"We're going to spend a lot of time with him because he's a very talented prospect. People have asked why he didn't play so good in the Alabama game. I don't know the answer to that, but I'm sure there will be a lot of questions thrown his way. But from the view of the overall big picture, he is a very talented football player."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Pelissero_Manti_Teo_passes_one_test_but_moving_on_wont_be_simple022313

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I like the Te'o comparisons that are being brought up. Solid players like Demeco Ryans and James Laurinaitis.

Laurinaitis has quickly become an elite MLB. I like the Ryan comparison though, i see him in that mold. Someone who will make a lot of tackles and be great in the running game, but could potentially be a liability in passing downs. I am not a fan of drafting two down players in the first round.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I am not a fan of drafting two down players in the first round.

Yep. If the team goes for a LB in the first 2 rounds (and they should), I think Arthur Brown has separated himself out as the guy to go for.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I am not a fan of drafting two down players in the first round.

Yep. If the team goes for a LB in the first 2 rounds (and they should), I think Arthur Brown has separated himself out as the guy to go for.

I am worried. with him coming in at 244 pounds, if he has a good combine, he may not even be there at pick 23.

Brown was always viewed as an exceptional MLB prospect, with the only knock being that he was perceived to be undersized (228 pounds). That weight was obviously understated, as it would be difficult to put on 15 pounds since the college football season ended.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the weight was understated. Brown himself said he weighs 241 and it's the heaviest he's ever been.

I think that he's worked quite a bit on adding weight since season's end. He might not have been 220, but I could see 230-235
Freakout

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I don't think the weight was understated. Brown himself said he weighs 241 and it's the heaviest he's ever been.

I think that he's worked quite a bit on adding weight since season's end. He might not have been 220, but I could see 230-235

My worry would be can he keep that weight on once the season starts. I remember Kalil being 312 at one point last year during the Combine process and he admitted how hard it was to keep his weight up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

My worry would be can he keep that weight on once the season starts. I remember Kalil being 312 at one point last year during the Combine process and he admitted how hard it was to keep his weight up.

I honestly would be completely comfortable with him at MLB at 235. He could drop some weight, if anything. We've seen a lot of lighter MLBs recently, even Ray Lewis strived all off season to get lighter. This is the direction the NFL is headed, and I hope Brown can get back to his more customary playing weight (lets just say 230-235).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Freakout wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

I honestly would be completely comfortable with him at MLB at 235. He could drop some weight, if anything. We've seen a lot of lighter MLBs recently, even Ray Lewis strived all off season to get lighter. This is the direction the NFL is headed, and I hope Brown can get back to his more customary playing weight (lets just say 230-235).

I would feel much more comfortable with it if we had another warpig NT. Though I will admit I am one of the few that isn't as high on Brown as most seem to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 6 of 26

Jump to: