Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Get yer popcorn ready! The strange tale of Manti Te'o...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the lingering questions regarding the question-plentiful Manti Teo imbroglio arises from the decision to delay disclosing the fake dead girlfriend story long enough to be scooped by Deadspin. A league source tells PFT that the reason, as these reasons often do, arises from dollars and cents.

Teo's camp, per the source, was attempting aggressively to nail down marketing deals before the story broke, with among other things major shoe and apparel companies. There was reluctance to proceed, given Teo's struggles in the BCS national title game and the uncertainty as to whether hell be playing for a high-profile team or a franchise that is an NFL afterthought.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/teo-tried-to-do-marketing-deals-before-fake-dead-girlfriend-story-came-out/related/

can't say i gain any additional respect for Teo if this story angle is true. he's spending too much time not thinking about football, and instead trying to become a rich celebrity. ya gotta earn that, son.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings will meet with Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o at the NFL scouting combine next week, and general manager Rick Spielman said they have been doing their own digging on the now-famous revelation that Te'o's dead girlfriend was not a real person. But the story, which dominated the airwaves in January, will only be part of the Vikings' evaluation of Te'o.

Spielman: "In the end, you'll sit there and discuss all that. Every team will make their own determination. How do you compare what happened, because he's an extremely talented football player, against a guy who may have a drug issue or may have an arrest record or may have some other off-field issue? Everybody's going to have, just like on any player, their difference of opinion. We'll go through that process as well. I did watch Dr. Phil for the first time in my life."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22600007/minnesota-vikings-will-consider-whole-big-picture-evaluating

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o has dropped to #38 on the CBSSports.com draft tracker.

Webmaster wrote:
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Te'o has dropped to #38 on the CBSSports.com draft tracker.

Maybe Rick Spielman can get this year's golden domer in the second round. Very Happy

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Notre Dame linebacker Manti Teo says hes planning to put on a show with a great workout at the Scouting Combine. And he says what hes able to do between the white lines should be all people care about.

Teo: I have to just go out there and perform and all that other stuff is behind me. What I did on the field is what I did on the field. I dont think what I did with this whole situation, I dont understand how it takes away from what I did on the field. As far as my stock dropping or rising, thats not up to me. The only thing I have to do is just do well, run fast, just be myself, be quick. I just want them to know, whoever picks me just let them know that youre choosing someone who loves the game. I want to be the best at it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/19/manti-teo-i-dont-see-how-all-this-detracts-from-what-i-did-on-the-field/related/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the poor performance in the National Championship game, Spielman had this to say about Te'o:

"I'm sure that's something that will get addressed at the combine. Was it [the girlfriend issue]? Was it because he's such a talented player and on the banquet circuit? I don't know, but I think you evaluate the whole body of work. You don't just evaluate off one game. There are other guys you look at who had a poor game in Week three, Te'o just happened to have it in the biggest college game of the year, but I don't think that's a reflection of what he is as a total overall football player."

"These kids get really polished up for the interview process. We try to interview where we can get that guard down and focus on ways to really get to know the kid and take some of that polish off. There's ways, I think, that we've come up with that we can do that."

http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=10837594

Webmaster wrote:
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
On the poor performance in the National Championship game, Spielman had this to say about Te'o:

"I'm sure that's something that will get addressed at the combine. Was it [the girlfriend issue]? Was it because he's such a talented player and on the banquet circuit? I don't know, but I think you evaluate the whole body of work. You don't just evaluate off one game. There are other guys you look at who had a poor game in Week three, Te'o just happened to have it in the biggest college game of the year, but I don't think that's a reflection of what he is as a total overall football player."

"These kids get really polished up for the interview process. We try to interview where we can get that guard down and focus on ways to really get to know the kid and take some of that polish off. There's ways, I think, that we've come up with that we can do that."

http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=10837594

Couldn't have said it better myself. Te'o has is baggage but he is still a good football player and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Viking come April.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Viking come April.

me either. it's why i keep posting updates on Te'o for us, so we can keep an eye on him.

now his girlfriend... she's a lot harder to watch for...

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielman: "One thing we've done this year, we've done a lot of digging on social media and have a pretty in-depth picture of these players that are involved and not involved in social media. How many times they tweet or twit, I don't know, I'm not a technical guy. But it's interesting to see the patterns on some of these social media players. [Monitoring social media] is a lot more in-depth this year because of the highlight of what happened with Te'o."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1697293/manti-teo

Webmaster wrote:
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling Te'o is going to run really really slow and be undersized.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:

I get this sick feeling he's going to be a Viking.

Honestly, I'd rather just role with Brinkley if I had to choose between the two. I just don't see a difference, and I'd hate to see this team have 2 of the same type of players who play the same position. (a very limited MLB who is slow, not very rangy, and undersized a bit)

down but not out. I still believe!
usdvikes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's doing the combine press conference right now. I like what I see from him so far, this is definitely a bizarre story but I's rather have a guy like Teo than a guy who can't stay out of legal trouble.

His demeanor seems pretty ideal IMO
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough I'm eating popcorn while watching this.
joru1000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even before the whole hoax I liked Ogletree and Minter more as an ILB. Te'o's performance in the National Campionship against an elite line was just bad. Looked too confused by the speed and power of Bama. I would be PISSED if we drafted him any earlier than 53.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

I get this sick feeling he's going to be a Viking.

Honestly, I'd rather just role with Brinkley if I had to choose between the two. I just don't see a difference, and I'd hate to see this team have 2 of the same type of players who play the same position. (a very limited MLB who is slow, not very rangy, and undersized a bit)

I have the same gut feeling. My buddy aggravates me constantly saying he's going to be a Viking. Te'o just doesn't impress me. our defense needs some speed and athleticism, Te'o is not that. I wouldn't mind Te'o in the 2nd round though. I would be very upset if we draft him at 23.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 5 of 26

Jump to: