Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stedman Bailey !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huddle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Stedman Bailey !!! Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9i0ZNwUURQ

I know he is only 5-10 but Bailey has the build and athleticism of Golden Tate, but shows the toughness and downfield playmaking ability of Steve Smith.

114 rec/1622 yds/25 td is beast mode.

Bailey tracks the ball very well and shows outstanding body control and timing on deep passes. He has excellent hand/eye coordination and is a natural hands-catcher, snatching it away from his body with strong hands and making tough catches look easy.

Bailey is a balanced athlete with quick feet in/out of his breaks and the agility in the open field to make defenders miss. He is a smart route-runner and knows how to bait defenders and attract defensive pass interference penalties. Bailey shows excellent patience and burst in his routes with good stop-and-go motions to release at the line of scrimmage and gain a step or work back to the ball. He does a nice job gaining inside position and uses his body well, doing a nice job catching the ball in stride.

Bailey has a RB-like build with a little bit of power for the position and strength to pick up yards after contact. He has some wiggle after the catch and is not always easy to bring down with his slippery run style.

Bailey was extremely productive over his career, setting several school records including career touchdown catches (39). He has good starting experience with 35 career starts the past three seasons, lining up all over the offense.

What you think about : G.Jennings/S.Bailey/B.Hartline/D.Bess/R.Matthews as our WR for next year ???

in my opinion Jennings, Bailey, Hartline are all very good route runners so i think these 3 at the same time on the field are very hard to defend for defenses.

Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! On three!!! One...two...three... LETS RIDE

The Love comes from Karlsruhe (Germany) to Miami for the greatest football team ever !!!
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think part of the reason we had all time record breaking poor performance from our wideouts in the redzone area is because we posed absolutely no mismatches when it came to size. While Bailey might be a nice complimentary WR for an offense, I believe we need someone with size and leaping ability that can beat someone by going up and plucking the ball out of the air when we are inside the 10 yard line. We don't have that right now and that is a component to the offense that is truly missing.

Bailey also doesn't seem to have much separation in many of those highlight catches. When you pair him up against a taller/bigger CB that he will undoubtedly face in the NFL, and those bigger guys have more speed than most of the corners in those highlights, I fear he won't be able to be effective. His collegiate production is impressive, but I don't know if his game will translate well to the NFL. For those reasons I would pass on him, I think.
Huddle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 who are your top 3 WR in the Draft and which WR would you love to play for the Dolphins next year with jennings and Hartline ?

Patterson?
Hopkins?

Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! On three!!! One...two...three... LETS RIDE

The Love comes from Karlsruhe (Germany) to Miami for the greatest football team ever !!!
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I think part of the reason we had all time record breaking poor performance from our wideouts in the redzone area is because we posed absolutely no mismatches when it came to size. While Bailey might be a nice complimentary WR for an offense, I believe we need someone with size and leaping ability that can beat someone by going up and plucking the ball out of the air when we are inside the 10 yard line. We don't have that right now and that is a component to the offense that is truly missing.

Bailey also doesn't seem to have much separation in many of those highlight catches. When you pair him up against a taller/bigger CB that he will undoubtedly face in the NFL, and those bigger guys have more speed than most of the corners in those highlights, I fear he won't be able to be effective. His collegiate production is impressive, but I don't know if his game will translate well to the NFL. For those reasons I would pass on him, I think.

I agree and disagree with you. I agree and think Bailey is more of a complementary piece. He's not a redzone target. But I disagree in that he has more speed and shake than Hartline. I feel like he can be a very good receiver. If the Dolphins absolutely whiff on WR in the first 3 rounds, I'd give Bailey a look.

Does that mean you're a Hunter fan?

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinologist has brought this up, but the WR strength this off-season is in FA....Bowe, Wallace, and Jennings are big upgrades to who is starting now.

The Draft doesn't have that "stud" guy where the Dolphin's are picking. If they can dupe a team into moving into the 12 spot and get more picks in return then I have no problem looking at Hunter and Patterson, but at 12 there is better value in addressing G or DE or CB which are all positions of strength this draft. I hate the idea of reaching for a player because of need...there are so many holes on this team that the Phins can get BPA and fill one of those needs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft is a crap shoot but the WR that has the best chance to be ELITE is Patterson he has the size speed run after the catch and very good hands. He will be more of a big play guy then a number of catches guy in his first year or 2 but by the time he gets defined on technique it could be the stuff of a truly elite number 1. Kiper has him 14 overall and had us taking him in his mock yesterday. I said a few days ago on here he can be special just raw right now
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for him at 12 I am not so sure alot depends on how everything breaks down via free agency and how the board is at the time but patterson has some skills that translate to elite in my opinion.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

I agree and disagree with you. I agree and think Bailey is more of a complementary piece. He's not a redzone target. But I disagree in that he has more speed and shake than Hartline. I feel like he can be a very good receiver. If the Dolphins absolutely whiff on WR in the first 3 rounds, I'd give Bailey a look.

Does that mean you're a Hunter fan?

Quite honestly, I haven't put my boards together or done my draft research yet. Way back in the day, I had a good friend who worked at Fox Sports West and would send me tape of the top 200 prospects or so and I pour over the videos. With the advent of Youtube that no longer is needed and I can simply scour the internet and watch game tape. I'll do that over the next few months and formulate my opinions. The only WR that I have seen that really looks solid to me so far is Corradelle Patterson. He seems seperate well, and he also have some nice open field moves. He is tall and leaps decently well from what I have seen. Here is some tape on him although, I imagine most you have seen plenty on him already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx6pGFvDqt0

Beyond that, I ABSOLUTELY believe we needs WR's, but all I heard last off season when we so foolishly let Brandon Marshall go was that this offense doesn't need a #1 and so I have mixed feelings about us taking one high in this draft. If we do get one, I will be PISSED that we didn't retain the services of Marshall even more than I am, if we don't get one then I think our offense will suffer, but I will at least respect the "philosophy" is being consistent.

Personally, I don't believe we can rely on late round WR's to produce. If it works, then great. It clearly didn't work this last season, and we struggled in the only place that matters and that's the scoreboard. Our WR's did nothing to contribute to putting points on the board. We need weapons on offense as much as anything on this team. Until they are found we will be sitting at home in Jan and Feb.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pass on Bailey. Mike Wallace is a possibility in free agency.

As far as a stud wide out in the draft I have one and in my upcoming mock, I have the Dolphins drafting him and its not even in the first four rounds.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 2, Tackles 4 Assists 2

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 2 : Death 10 Joe 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: