Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trestman Press Conference
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Silvy ‏@WaddleandSilvy

Talking to @ClaytonESPN. He just told us the #Bears turned down the trio of Arians, Whisenhunt, and Grimm. Wouldve been a great staff.

Wow....

Holy crap

Trestman better be the right hire..

Meh...big names don't mean big results. I'm still happier with Trestman.

Those are big names because they excel at their jobs. Whisenhunt is one of the better OCs in the league and Grimm with the O line.
Are they? Grimm's OL has consistently been bad his entire time in AZ, and not much better when he was in Pitt. Whiz was great...w/ a HOF QB, w/o not so much

Well you can use the same criteria you used for Drake Superman. They had very little to work with. Which is why some people didnt want Whiz fired.
yeah but Drake has made SOME chicken salad from chicken feathers. He developed Bernard into a guy who stole $18M from the the Vikings, 5th round pick Johnny Knox into a guy that many think we'll actually miss, 3rd round pick Earl Bennett into a pretty damn good slot WR, and in 1 year we saw a lot from Alshon in his limited games, and lets not forget Brandon Marshall just had the best year of his career across the board. Its not like Joaquin Iglesias, Brandon Rideau, Marcus Monk & others are star WRs elsewhere. Quite literally NO ONE in AZ has been even a decent player, this includes 1st round pick Levi Brown, 2nd round pick Deuce Letuei, 2nd round pick Evan Wood.

You know very well Superman how highly thought of Grimm is around the league. Im not going to blame him for not turning that mess around.
I know how well Grimm was thought of BEFORE AZ, its been interesting to note since 2008, nobody has called Grimm about an HC or OC job again.

http://arizonasports.com/58/1581230/Believe-it-or-not-Russ-Grimm-is-excelling-for-Cardinals

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Bfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
Wow listening to the Score for 2 minutes after the press conference makes me cringe. These guys get paid to do this? Ridiculous

You gotta remember that the talking heads...I mean hosts of the show are paid to create controversy to [inappropriate/removed] people off so they call in not give thoughtfull analysis.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
raq11 wrote:
Wow listening to the Score for 2 minutes after the press conference makes me cringe. These guys get paid to do this? Ridiculous

Then go listen to stations that pander to the meatballs.

Uhhh... That's most shows on the Score.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
1 other thing, Steve Young is getting his wish b/c its clear Trestman is breaking Jay down and building him back up from the ground up

Yup. This needed a rebuild from the ground up and that's what we are getting for the entire offense. This is so refreshing.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
raq11 wrote:

Just because there are meatballs callers doesn't mean they pander to them.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
raq11 wrote:

Just because there are meatballs callers doesn't mean they pander to them.

Oh they certainly dont like those callers. Especially Boers and Bernstein.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Silvy ‏@WaddleandSilvy

Talking to @ClaytonESPN. He just told us the #Bears turned down the trio of Arians, Whisenhunt, and Grimm. Wouldve been a great staff.

Wow....

Holy crap

Those are big names because they excel at their jobs. Whisenhunt is one of the better OCs in the league and Grimm with the O line.
Are they? Grimm's OL has consistently been bad his entire time in AZ, and not much better when he was in Pitt. Whiz was great...w/ a HOF QB, w/o not so much

Well you can use the same criteria you used for Drake Superman. They had very little to work with. Which is why some people didnt want Whiz fired.
yeah but Drake has made SOME chicken salad from chicken feathers. He developed Bernard into a guy who stole $18M from the the Vikings, 5th round pick Johnny Knox into a guy that many think we'll actually miss, 3rd round pick Earl Bennett into a pretty damn good slot WR, and in 1 year we saw a lot from Alshon in his limited games, and lets not forget Brandon Marshall just had the best year of his career across the board. Its not like Joaquin Iglesias, Brandon Rideau, Marcus Monk & others are star WRs elsewhere. Quite literally NO ONE in AZ has been even a decent player, this includes 1st round pick Levi Brown, 2nd round pick Deuce Letuei, 2nd round pick Evan Wood.

You know very well Superman how highly thought of Grimm is around the league. Im not going to blame him for not turning that mess around.
I know how well Grimm was thought of BEFORE AZ, its been interesting to note since 2008, nobody has called Grimm about an HC or OC job again.

http://arizonasports.com/58/1581230/Believe-it-or-not-Russ-Grimm-is-excelling-for-Cardinals
its a blog dude, not really credible at all when especially when you look at some of his reasoning, ex: Daryn Colledge isn't good b/c the Packers went 15-1 the year he left. NVM they won the SuperBowl the year before w/ him starting. Or that an OL that was among the best in that SuperBowl season (not just due to Colledge either obviously). Levi Brown was a #6 overall pick, Deuce Letuei was a 2nd round pick. sorry no excuse making for Russ Grimm, he's been given quite a bit of quality talent, moreso than Aaron Kromer who has developed 2 of the top 3 OGs in the NFL, late rounders Bushrod and Streif.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Kohaku

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
1 other thing, Steve Young is getting his wish b/c its clear Trestman is breaking Jay down and building him back up from the ground up

Yup. This needed a rebuild from the ground up and that's what we are getting for the entire offense. This is so refreshing.

Kohaku is happy with Coach Trestman. But, he's really excited to see him develop Cutler.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May have missed it but I'm surprised not one reporter inquired Trestman about the possibility of adding Tim Tebow to the Bears due to the connection between the two.

For the record, I don't want Tebow anywhere near a Bears uni as long as Jay Cutler is in town.
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
May have missed it but I'm surprised not one reporter inquired Trestman about the possibility of adding Tim Tebow to the Bears due to the connection between the two.

Yeah I was kind of expecting that too. Hopefully that doesn't come up.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
raq11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Yeah I was kind of expecting that too. Hopefully that doesn't come up.

as moronic that the sheep in the Chicago media are, even they don't want Tebow in town.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Silvy ‏@WaddleandSilvy

Wow....

Holy crap

its a blog dude, not really credible at all when especially when you look at some of his reasoning, ex: Daryn Colledge isn't good b/c the Packers went 15-1 the year he left. NVM they won the SuperBowl the year before w/ him starting. Or that an OL that was among the best in that SuperBowl season (not just due to Colledge either obviously). Levi Brown was a #6 overall pick, Deuce Letuei was a 2nd round pick. sorry no excuse making for Russ Grimm, he's been given quite a bit of quality talent, moreso than Aaron Kromer who has developed 2 of the top 3 OGs in the NFL, late rounders Bushrod and Streif.

I like Kormer as well. But the point of the article is the lack of additions to their offensive line is not good. Not saying I would rather have one staff over the other. But you can use the same exact criteria your using for our staff's failures for theirs.

Last edited by GOGRIESE on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Consistent eye contact and a meaningful message, what a novelty.

2. It's not about the Packers it is about the QB.

3. He looked so excited he could barely stand at the podium and he was slipping on some of his words. You could see the excitement in his face and hear it in his voice.
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
1. Consistent eye contact and a meaningful message, what a novelty.

2. It's not about the Packers it is about the QB.

3. He looked so excited he could barely stand at the podium and he was slipping on some of his words. You could see the excitement in his face and hear it in his voice.

I only heard it.. I can't watch to watch this in person.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
Silvy ‏@WaddleandSilvy

Wow....

Holy crap

I like Kormer as well. But the point of the article is the lack of additions to their offensive line is not good. Not saying I would rather have one staff over the other. But you can use the same exact criteria your using for our staff's failures for theirs.
Except for the fact that our staff has gotten the absolute best out of the players they have been handed, and Grimm hasn't....sure yeah.

People are so quick to paint the "Lovie" guys w/ the same brush. As if they couldn't coach their way out of a wet paper bag and they only had jobs in the NFL b/c of their friendship w/ Lovie. Pep Hamilton was painted w/ that brush, he's now one of the hottest OCs in CFB and a guy getting NFL OC looks. Don Johnson was a Lovie guy, now he's doing wonders w/ garbage in SD. Brick Haley coaches arguably the best DL in CFB at LSU. These guys are good coaches but b/c Lovie fired Ron Rivera and hired Bob Babich, everyone hired by Lovie must be absolute trash. Nobody looks at the truth behind the Rivera situation

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: