Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabam
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derekfelty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabam Reply with quote

Blue-chip interior blocker with the capacity to move defenders off the ball in the running game.

The right guy for CJ2K.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000126841/article/luke-joeckel-damontre-moore-top-2013-nfl-draft-big-board
lamont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is my pre combine pick at #10 right now. Looking forward to Senior Bowl next week to see him and others prospects in 1 on 1 practice. He is the right guy for CJ & Locker. Resign Velasco, add Warmack in the draft and Levtrie in free agency the OL will be fine.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=506389

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't see anyone drafting an OG at #10. I know restructured salary slots and what not for top picks make a difference. However, an OG at #10 is hard.

Especially when I love Johnathan Cooper from North Carolina, who should be around later in the 1st or early in the 2nd.

I'd just want a guy that can make more of a singular impact than an OG.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After putting up with our interior of Amano and Harris for the past few years, and the rotating doors aside from them, I am all for selecting him if the front office believes he can establish himself as an All-Pro type of player.

Say what you will about the OG position, we've got good tackles, if we can really improve that interior line, and prevent CJ from getting hit in the backfield as often, you will see a MUCH more substantial improvement in the offense than something like signing Dwayne Bowe would do.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
After putting up with our interior of Amano and Harris for the past few years, and the rotating doors aside from them, I am all for selecting him if the front office believes he can establish himself as an All-Pro type of player.

Say what you will about the OG position, we've got good tackles, if we can really improve that interior line, and prevent CJ from getting hit in the backfield as often, you will see a MUCH more substantial improvement in the offense than something like signing Dwayne Bowe would do.

Disagree.

It is rare when an OG or interior lineman by themselves, can be a game changer. If it happens at all.

But a WR, DE, DT, LB, S or RB..etc... We have seen one player at those positions transform a team.

Not saying Womack wouldn't help significantly, but by himself he is nothing.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Disagree.

It is rare when an OG or interior lineman by themselves, can be a game changer. If it happens at all.

But a WR, DE, DT, LB, S or RB..etc... We have seen one player at those positions transform a team.

Having Amano sit on IR this year has made you forget how bad he is.

Don't worry, knowing us we'll start him next season, and then maybe you'll remember.

Amano makes Chris Johnson get tackled in the backfield for 5 yard losses soon as he gets the ball. Pretty sure Warmack won't do that, and would actually get a push. That's a negative play into some positive yards.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Disagree.

Don't worry, knowing us we'll start him next season, and then maybe you'll remember.

Amano makes Chris Johnson get tackled in the backfield for 5 yard losses soon as he gets the ball. Pretty sure Warmack won't do that, and would actually get a push. That's a negative play into some positive yards.

That's fine for someone who believed the problem was all on the line. I'm not one of those people.

My feelings remain. An OG will never have the impact of a superstar at skilled position or dominating D-lineman.

So if a player at one of those other spots are seen to be talented, I couldn't take an OG at #10. No matter how good he is. I'll just get one that isn't "as great" in the 2nd.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Disagree.

That's fine for someone who believed the problem was all on the line. I'm not one of those people.

My feelings remain. An OG will never have the impact of a superstar at skilled position or dominating D-lineman.

So if a player at one of those other spots are seen to be talented, I couldn't take an OG at #10. No matter how good he is. I'll just get one that isn't "as great" in the 2nd.

There is no way anyone can say there is not a huge problem with our line and be honest about it.

CJ is a scat back, you cant have 3 people on top of him as he is getting the ball.

Come on man.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
There is no way anyone can say there is not a huge problem with our line and be honest about it.

CJ is a scat back, you cant have 3 people on top of him as he is getting the ball.

Come on man.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem with our line. Also, anyone can see that CJ wasn't running like he was supposed to early. But not my arguement here....

I'm saying I just would rather get a more impactful player at #10. I disagree with value and your definition of impact player. I think we can address the interior line with FA and at highest a 2nd round pick. I think that will fix things nicely. All while getting someone we hope to make an big impact at #10.

Chances are higher for an impact player, other than an OG at #10, than finding one later in the draft.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Come on man.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem with our line. Also, anyone can see that CJ wasn't running like he was supposed to early. But not my arguement here....

I'm saying I just would rather get a more impactful player at #10. I disagree with value and your definition of impact player. I think we can address the interior line with FA and at highest a 2nd round pick. I think that will fix things nicely. All while getting someone we hope to make an big impact at #10.

Chances are higher for an impact player, other than an OG at #10, than finding one later in the draft.

Id rather have Star and Damontre Moore before Warmack and get Cooper in round 2. Were not so different after all. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of the mock drafts iv seen so far they have the Titans taking Warmack. In Bucky Brooks mock he didnt have Star drafted in the top 10

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 11 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
derekfelty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans have two best OL players right now. Michael Roos & David Steward. Adding the number one draft pick on top of that from bama would make it even more amazing. we would be booked like legit. our running game and passing game would be back and running better then ever. if i were the titans i would go with OL frist. We also need a better Center... Maybe loooking for one in the 2second round? get two OL players in the draft? then work up to our DL?
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
Titans have two best OL players right now. Michael Roos & David Steward. Adding the number one draft pick on top of that from bama would make it even more amazing. we would be booked like legit. our running game and passing game would be back and running better then ever. if i were the titans i would go with OL frist. We also need a better Center... Maybe loooking for one in the 2second round? get two OL players in the draft? then work up to our DL?

I dont think we need a better Center if we get one great but Velasco did fine i can live with him im willing to best hes only gonna get better but for sure theres 2 guys that i dont want anymore and thats Amano and Harris.

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 11 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
derekfelty wrote:

I dont think we need a better Center if we get one great but Velasco did fine i can live with him im willing to best hes only gonna get better but for sure theres 2 guys that i dont want anymore and thats Amano and Harris.

Also, it seems to me that there could be a chance Hutch retires.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: