Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Day Trade 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you rather have?
MO
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
Wagner and Brocker
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

muncy54

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Draft Day Trade 2012 Reply with quote

Just a little what if......?
So Mo played really well and i think he will be a stud and we all know a CB was needed

But it was stated that Brockers (who played the run very well and looks to be a good player) and Bobby Wagner (was said to be the pick and could win DROY)

So seeing we would have hit on both picks who would you value more the playmaker CB or a very good DT, MLB combo???
Spends

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you look at it in a vacuum it is a much more close argument.

However, considering that we have Carter and Lee seemingly groomed for our future LB corp - I am glad we made the move for Mo Clay.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People also freaked that we made a mistake taking Ware over Merriman. It's difficult to gauge true impact in the scope of just one season.

That being said, I like all three.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
muncy54

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
People also freaked that we made a mistake taking Ware over Merriman. It's difficult to gauge true impact in the scope of just one season.

That being said, I like all three.

Def agree...i was just curious to where we stand after year 1. But this is def something to look into in future years like the Ware, Felix, and various other picks and choices
Baixis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was never really a Brockers fan. Like Wagner, but didn't think he was good for a 3-4. Even with our new defense, we have our WLB and MLB and both are studs - when healthy. Also, one of my favorite defenses was the Eagles years ago, when they had Troy and Bobby. Those two shut down guys gave them so much flexibility and made Jim Johnson out as a great DC. I think Mo and Carr are going to be a top duo for 5-6-8 years and I am happy to have them!
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another plausible scenario:

Let Claiborne fall to the Bucs, trade your 3rd or 4th to go get Barron.

I think I'd probably go with Barron-Wagner over Claiborne, given what we know now and the switch to Tampa2.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Here's another plausible scenario:

Let Claiborne fall to the Bucs, trade your 3rd or 4th to go get Barron.

I think I'd probably go with Barron-Wagner over Claiborne, given what we know now and the switch to Tampa2.

It's pretty clear that the Bucs didn't want Claiborne in the first place IMO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went Brockers and Wagner for a couple of reasons. After watching the loss against the Giants to close the 2011 season I was all for drafting a 5 tech because we went max coverage in that game but could not get pressure. In FA Jerry signed a top CB then drafted a the top CB even though we needed a rusher. Plus our LBs are injury prone. Look at the All Rookie team and I am vindicated:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/01/10/pfwpfwa-2012-all-rookie-team

Notice Wagner and Brockers are on it and Mo is not.
JWingate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was well documented that I either wanted Melvin Ingram or Michael Brockers in last years draft. As the off-season went I kind of jumped on the Brockers bandwagon even more. Knowing what I know now, I am happy with the pick we made and I would make it 100 times out of 100 times. Just wait until the speed of the NFL clicks for Mo he is going to be one of the best in th game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
It was well documented that I either wanted Melvin Ingram or Michael Brockers in last years draft. As the off-season went I kind of jumped on the Brockers bandwagon even more. Knowing what I know now, I am happy with the pick we made and I would make it 100 times out of 100 times. Just wait until the speed of the NFL clicks for Mo he is going to be one of the best in th game.

Neither pick would have been the wrong pick. Dallas is set a cb for many years. Now it's time to fortify the lines.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't worthy of it's own thread, but does fit here...I'd like to know how many of you, besides myself, and multiple other NFL GMs completely whiffed on their belief that Vontaze Burfict would flop.

Not that Rey Maualuga has lived up to his draft status, but just read Burfict has made Rey unlikely to resign with Cincy.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Wasn't worthy of it's own thread, but does fit here...I'd like to know how many of you, besides myself, and multiple other NFL GMs completely whiffed on their belief that Vontaze Burfict would flop.

Not that Rey Maualuga has lived up to his draft status, but just read Burfict has made Rey unlikely to resign with Cincy.

When Burfict came to ASU, he was criticized a lot. He came in with a chip on his shoulder and looked amazing. Then it slowly waned, and he eventually just fell apart.

He's a bad seed, surrounded by a bad network. I am very confident he will not substation this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget about the Defense what iffs...what about the Offensive what iffs...How about DeCastro in round 1...Konz in round 2...trade up for Brooks in round 3 and trade up for Massie in round 4 and JR Sweezy in round 7...completely rebuilt Offensive line in one draft...

Ok...so if i had to pick...id take MO any day of the week...he is gonna be good...solid drafts for the Boys since 2010...

Peace
muncy54

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:

I really wanted us to take him as a late round flyer...i mena who remember the lb we did draft late???? lol....i think he would have been a great thumper and right now put him with sean lee and bruce carter and your 4-3 defense is set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: