Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manti Teos draft stock...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manlaw15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As unimpressive as Manti was in the championship game i just can't see how he falls out of the first round even after this story leaked out. He has great anticipation and intelligence to play ILB. Though he missed a few tackles he was always around the ball in that game. He probably won't be a top 10 pick but i just can't see him passing a team like the Packers in the draft. I could be wrong but Manti had an awesome senior season and teams needing a good play caller on defense will give Manti a long look.

But should Miami roll the dice on Manti? We have way more pressing issues than LB at the moment.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Manlaw15"]As unimpressive as Manti was in the championship game i just can't see how he falls out of the first round even after this story leaked out. He has great anticipation and intelligence to play ILB. Though he missed a few tackles he was always around the ball in that game. He probably won't be a top 10 pick but i just can't see him passing a team like the Packers in the draft. I could be wrong but Manti had an awesome senior season and teams needing a good play caller on defense will give Manti a long look.

But should Miami roll the dice on Manti? We have way more pressing issues than LB at the moment.[/quote

You know Several people that know more than I do bout NCAA ball said that ND had kinda a cup cake schedule.-

Hmm
Sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SUG"]
Manlaw15 wrote:
As unimpressive as Manti was in the championship game i just can't see how he falls out of the first round even after this story leaked out. He has great anticipation and intelligence to play ILB. Though he missed a few tackles he was always around the ball in that game. He probably won't be a top 10 pick but i just can't see him passing a team like the Packers in the draft. I could be wrong but Manti had an awesome senior season and teams needing a good play caller on defense will give Manti a long look.

But should Miami roll the dice on Manti? We have way more pressing issues than LB at the moment.[/quote

You know Several people that know more than I do bout NCAA ball said that ND had kinda a cup cake schedule.-

Hmm
Sug

They did....the only real contender they played until Alabama was Stanford....Pitt even took them to triple over time....

Notre Dame had no business being in that game, but being undefeated and having the level of attention that they did propelled them into that game. Does anyone thing that ND would have fared any better against...Texas AM, LSU, Oregon, FSU, Louisville, South Carolina....

I liked Teo for his leadership and instinct on the field, but he isn't a great athlete and feared very poorly against a team of future NFL players....in fact other then the announcers mentioning his name a couple of time I completely forgot he was even playing. He was exposed....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

Hmm
Sug

ND finished in the top 10 in schedule strength this season. That is pretty legit if you ask me and Manti delivered. Except the championship game.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for someone to get my "susceptable to the fake" joke Laughing

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
skatewood2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealMetalFan wrote:
I'm still waiting for someone to get my "susceptable to the fake" joke Laughing

I got it and it fits perfectly.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manlaw15 wrote:
SUG wrote:

Hmm
Sug

ND finished in the top 10 in schedule strength this season. That is pretty legit if you ask me and Manti delivered. Except the championship game.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

Big difference going against the O-lines they played compared to SEC teams....USC was Horrible this year MSU had 5 or 6 losses....I think only one of the teams they played this year won a bowl game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Big difference going against the O-lines they played compared to SEC teams....USC was Horrible this year MSU had 5 or 6 losses....I think only one of the teams they played this year won a bowl game.

I think your right looking at their schedule. Plus Alabama has one of those freak of nature once in a lifetime of a coach kind of Olines. They probably have 2 1st round picks coming from that Oline.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think SUG is spot on with his Rolando McClain comparison.
DoLFaN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we dont even need a LB this year, drafting Te'o would be retarded. i would take any LB out of the SEC before i take Te'o, just because the competition/talent level in the SEC is so much better

have you not seen Koa Misi play?? dude is a beast.. and we already have Dansby and Burnett

that being said, i think Te'o definitely slipped out of the first round based off his performance against Alabama and his character issues
Pickle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree and Bostic are two guys I would take before Te'o, I'd even take Minter over him as well.
carlos2104

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manlaw15 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

I think your right looking at their schedule. Plus Alabama has one of those freak of nature once in a lifetime of a coach kind of Olines. They probably have 2 1st round picks coming from that Oline.
On a side note, I love your avatar
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see the McClain comparison and here is why. McClain is a guy that was active shedding blockers. What he did NOT do is get downhill against the run and attack the line of scrimmage, he moved laterally and caught the ball carrier.

T'eo is much more active attacking the line of scrimmage and navigating through/avoiding traffic. He isn't as good at shedding blocks as McClain was, but he's certainly smarter, more athletic and more technically sound than McClain.

The comparison with them starts and ends with they don't have off the chart measurables. That's it.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ViolentMonk71"]
SUG wrote:
Manlaw15 wrote:

Hmm
Sug

They did....the only real contender they played until Alabama was Stanford....Pitt even took them to triple over time....

Notre Dame had no business being in that game, but being undefeated and having the level of attention that they did propelled them into that game. Does anyone thing that ND would have fared any better against...Texas AM, LSU, Oregon, FSU, Louisville, South Carolina....

I liked Teo for his leadership and instinct on the field, but he isn't a great athlete and feared very poorly against a team of future NFL players....in fact other then the announcers mentioning his name a couple of time I completely forgot he was even playing. He was exposed....

Well, yeah I do. The facts are styles make fights. Notre Dame was obviously flawed but none of those teams you mention play the brand of football as Alabama, with the exception of LSU. Even LSU has liabilities at QB. I think Notre Dame facing Alabama was their worst nightmare. They would have fared so much better facing Georgia who is more prolific throwing the ball. Getting beat through the air is a lot easier to swallow then getting run on. Alabama did the equivalent of raping Notre Dame. They forcefully and physically pushed them around . That is the most demeaning thing you can do to a man. A man can handle being out ran but to be overpowered does a mind job. Notre Dame was beat mentally because they realized they could not stop a simple dive play.

Manti Teo realized he was on the field amongst grown mean that were fundamentally taking his man hood and he could not retaliate. Through the concept guilty by association, Manti Teo was also raped by the Crimson Tide. It is justifiable for any scout to fall out of love with Teo because the Alabama game plan is more the norm in the NFL.

Last edited by ovaw8lover on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ovaw8lover"]
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
SUG wrote:
Manlaw15 wrote:

Hmm
Sug

Well, yeah I do. The facts are styles make fights. Notre Dame was obviously flawed but none of those teams you mention play the brand of football as Alabama, with the exception of LSU. Even LSU has liabilities at QB. I think Notre Dame facing Alabama was their worst nightmare. They would have fared so much better facing Georgia who is more prolific throwing the ball. Getting beat through the air is a lot easier to swallow then getting run on. Alabama did the equivalent of raping Notre Dame. They forcefully and physically pushed them around . That is the most demeaning thing you can do to a man. A man can handle being out ran but to be overpowered does a mind job. Notre Dame was beat mentally because they realized they could not stop a simple dive play.

Manti Teo realized he was on the field amongst grown mean that were fundamentally taking his man hood and he could not retaliate. Through the concept guilty by associate, Manti Teo was also raped by the Crimson Tide. It is justifiable for any scout to fall out of love with Teo because the Alabama game plan is more the norm in the NFL.

The type of team is the essence of what Teo will face in the NFL. Warmack and Jones basically made the nation's "top defender" less existent then his girlfriend. There were plenty of LB's that at least competed, but Teo showed that he can't handle the big boys. Texas AM had a line that was comparable...

Notre Dame's biggest flaw is they did not have the horses to compete... I would compare them to that mid-major team that makes it into the NCAA tournament...they were a group of older guys who had played together for a number of years that won same games they normally would have loss. The teams they played were rather poor throughout the season (the bowl games were very telling) and when they played a talented team full of swinging d_--s they were bent over and embarrassed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: