Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manti Teos draft stock...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Manti Teos draft stock... Reply with quote

I know this story is still fresh, and not all the facts are known. But given our long list of needs (one of which is some youth at LB), would it make sense for Miami to roll the dice on Manti?

I'm assuming he is a second round talent (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm also assuming this strange story will bump him down a couple of rounds due to character concerns. Thus, if we find ourselves picking in the fourth round and he's still on the board, would it be worthwhile to draft him?
skatewood2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was still one of the top ILB's in the college ranks until he came across Alabama. I would not mind taking him in the late 2nd or 3rd round. But we have too many holes to fill to take a LB IMO.

I am very curious as to how far he will actually fall. I bet someone takes a flyer on him earlier than most people put him now.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would be taken off my list all together. Sorry, that's one of the single most twisted stories I've ever heard. Its speak a lot to character and I can't imagine selecting him unless it was something like the 6th or 7th round.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
He would be taken off my list all together. Sorry, that's one of the single most twisted stories I've ever heard. Its speak a lot to character and I can't imagine selecting him unless it was something like the 6th or 7th round.

I agree...A guy making stupid mistakes as a young college kid is one thing, but to fabricate this relationship and to claim she died and to use to his advantage...dude has some serious problems that are more then most teams will be willing to take on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't think he's all that great, I wouldn't have drafted him in the 1st round even before this story broke out. I would take Alec Ogletree over him every sunday.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still take him. Everyone messes up- and we don't even know that he did anything wrong here. Either way, honesty isn't what you look for in a player.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
I'd still take him. Everyone messes up- and we don't even know that he did anything wrong here. Either way, honesty isn't what you look for in a player.

I think honesty is a huge issue as it speaks volumes about his character. This isn't a guy who has an overwhelming physical presence on the field and his true value was in his ability to come in and be a leader. His intangibles and character were his biggest selling points and why he was so widely regarded. You take that and his performance against Alabama. Alabama has the type of players he would be facing in the NFL and fared about as poorly as anyone.

I think, that as a society, we are very forgiving of a athlete when they mess up (I still see plenty of Vick/Ron Mexico Jerseys), but when they lie to the fans and use it to their advantage (Armstrong) we become less forgiving.

The issue is the lie and how big of a story it became for Notre Dame. I can almost understand him being duped, but he lied before that about how they met and their relationship....he fabricated a whole back story. This isn't a simple teenage screw up with drugs or alcohol or minor run in with the law this was a national Hoax that he and Notre Dame used as sympathy and publicity to garner national attention.

On a side, but on topic note: Does anyone else want to sit in on the player interview between him and Ireland....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On a side, but on topic note: Does anyone else want to sit in on the player interview between him and Ireland....

Would be very interesting..
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Catfish Te'o is a 2nd half of the 1st round draft pick. The more information that comes out about this, the better idea we'll have if it drops. It's too hard to predict right now because there's so little out there as fact.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as his draft stock, I believe it will be more impacted by the championship game than the "Ghost" girlfriend. People have short term memories and by the time Draft Day arrives this will be little more that a footnote. About the only real effect this will have is that his predraft interviews will be very long.

I do project him in 10-15 range now.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 21
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks, after doing a bit of research, he is too susceptable to the fake.

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never was high on the guy to begin with. I thought he was majority hype.The game against Alabama confirmed it. People keep talking about his interceptions and TD's but the balls were threw right to him. He lacks side line to side line speed, he cannot shet blocks well and he went to Notre Dame. Enough said. Laughing Not only that but appears as if he is an attention seeker. No thanks.
fasel1515

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never was that impressed with him. Honestly wouldn't have taken him until the 3rd round anyways. Not great measurables, isn't a great open field tackler, struggles in coverage, and can't shed blocks to save his or his dead girlfriends life. And that was before all this hoopla...
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting this crazy twisted story aside, I never thought he was that good of a player to begin with. I honestly don't know what anyone saw in him as a football player. He's not special.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never liked his lack of athleticism, he reminds me of Rolando McClain.

I was hoping we avoided him all together & now something smells really fishy. Lets see if he has the Cojones to just come out with.

sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: