Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Before Championship Weekend Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Before Championship Weekend Mock Reply with quote

Im not going to do Free Agency right now because there is too much uncertainty but I have a brand new Mock that will have some fairly new names. Let me here some feedback.

Draft-
16- Keenan Allen WR Cal- I believe Warmack stock is too hot right now and will be taken before our pick. It will be a little disappointing but Allen is a great consolation prize and will come in day 1 and make an impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sskHoNba-JE

22- Kenny Vacarro lll S UT- KVlll is a very athletic safety and I believe we bring back Mikell and we have a top 10 defense on our hands from day one and can only improve with our young defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN5BZ6f0FzM

2nd- D.J Fluker OT Bama- He is an absolute mauler in the run game and is solid in the pass and is athletic enough to improve. OT was the most important position to fill on the O-line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6eoZdR-ZTQ

3rd- Akeem Spence DE Iliinois- We are likely to lose Hayes and I think Spence can be just as good if not better than Hayes. Spence can make plays all over the field. He is a big body that, I believe, can play all over the d-line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSFkwaYPmLo

4th- Kasey Carrier RB UNM- The University of New Mexico RB broke the single game rushing record for the Mountain West. Anybody know who else played in that conference that was pretty good? Yup. our guy Marshall Faulk. Carrier wont blow up the combine, but he is sneaky fast, like Faulk was and I believe can be the same type of player in the NFL. I think he could even be had before this but I watched every UNM game and this guy can carry the load.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFqk7hB9jAk

5th- Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU- I know there have been some discussion but I think the kid can stay out of trouble if he is shown the right path and he is also a flat out playmaker and we are still lacking on those type of guys.. Also if Fletch leaves i think this kid can hit the field and make some plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KBPaoS6odk

Let me know What you guys think.. If you dont know by now, Kasey Carrier is my man crush as of right now.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so so on this mock. Allen isn't my top WR. I am starting to warm to Vacarro, but there seems to be guys in the 2nd and 3rd that might be just as effective as him. I do like Fluker in the 2nd. Then it gets a bit hazy for me.

I admittedly don't know a whole lot about your boy Carrier, but the video you sent did not impress me. That was more about the pathetic Air Force defense then great play from him IMO. Some of the games he had against real defenses, he didn't hold up at all.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I'm so so on this mock. Allen isn't my top WR. I am starting to warm to Vacarro, but there seems to be guys in the 2nd and 3rd that might be just as effective as him. I do like Fluker in the 2nd. Then it gets a bit hazy for me.

I admittedly don't know a whole lot about your boy Carrier, but the video you sent did not impress me. That was more about the pathetic Air Force defense then great play from him IMO. Some of the games he had against real defenses, he didn't hold up at all.

Thank you for the constructive criticism, but Allen, In my mind, is the best WR in this class and is a bonafide play maker. Carrier's jump cuts are un-real. He has better than decent speed and can run through most corners and safeties. I will not deny the UNM line did a great job opening holes, but you cant deny you need the patience and vision with explosiveness to hit those holes with authority. I believe he can come in and be a Doug Martin, at least.

Also. The guy produced week in and week out and he was the only one moving the chains when they played Texas week 2. He can get it done here.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Thank you for the constructive criticism, but Allen, In my mind, is the best WR in this class and is a bonafide play maker. Carrier's jump cuts are un-real. He has better than decent speed and can run through most corners and safeties. I will not deny the UNM line did a great job opening holes, but you cant deny you need the patience and vision with explosiveness to hit those holes with authority. I believe he can come in and be a Doug Martin, at least.

Also. The guy produced week in and week out and he was the only one moving the chains when they played Texas week 2. He can get it done here.

I don't deny that Carrier does have some skills, but to claim he is at least as good as Doug Martin is comical. Carrier has not faced the competition that Martin did and additionally, Martin is an excellent back in the NFL already. Carrier has a lot to prove and he is not going anywhere near where Martin went in the draft.

I will be interested to see more of him though.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan. Carrier is a Junior and as far as I know, he never declared. Even if he did, doesn't look like a 4th rounder to me. Doesn't appear to have anywhere near Faulk's speed...who was a 4.3 guy coming out.

I don't really love the Spence pick. If we're going to DL there, give me Tank Carradine or William Gholston. But I think we need to focus on offense or S or LB at that spot.

I wouldn't take Vaccaro in the 1st. And I don't like that we didn't address the LG or RT position...it depends on where Fluker ultimately ends up.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I'm not a fan. Carrier is a Junior and as far as I know, he never declared. Even if he did, doesn't look like a 4th rounder to me. Doesn't appear to have anywhere near Faulk's speed...who was a 4.3 guy coming out.

I don't really love the Spence pick. If we're going to DL there, give me Tank Carradine or William Gholston. But I think we need to focus on offense or S or LB at that spot.

I wouldn't take Vaccaro in the 1st. And I don't like that we didn't address the LG or RT position...it depends on where Fluker ultimately ends up.

I live in New Mexico and Carrier is a senior. Too be honest im not 100% positive he put himself in the draft. I would expext Carrier to be around the 4.5 range he rarely will be taken down by the first defensder and has excellent vision with good balance of speed and power. As for Spence, I really like the big body that he brings and looks very fast for being as big as he is. Vacarro looks to be the best safety in the draft,and I expect him to prove that come combine time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: