Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SJ39 stays or goes?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Headbanger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: SJ39 stays or goes? Reply with quote

With this thread I'd like to see if you think Steven is willing to take a pay cut and stay and retire a Ram like Faulk did at the time, or do you think he'll void and look for a superbowl contender team (Pats, Pacs etc...)?

Let's here it, what do you people think?

"Sometimes two...Sometimes three...That's how many you need and you still can't handle me."
By David "Deacon" Jones.

RAMS MY TEAM TILL THE DAY I DIE
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally believe that Jackson is willing to take a pay cut to stay and retire a Ram. I am just not sure if the front office will want to pay him to stay a Ram.

He will without a doubt get time on the market to set his value.

Pick 2 and 13
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's as good as gone. Someone is going to pay him more then us, and I'm fine with it. I like our 2 backs currently and, if we acquire another, I like our backfield going into next year. Richardson honestly looking great last season, just didn't get a lot of carries.

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
Rams4Life523

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep Jackson at a pay cut rate. Isaiah Pead hasn't shown me anything that would convince me he is capable of a bigger role, which would put all the pressure on Richardson to take all of the carries, and I am not sure he's ready for all of that yet.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he comes back and takes a paycut.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it all depends on his price to be honest. how much is he willing to take to help this team acquire talent? hes been the lone bright spot on this team since 2006 IIRC
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
it all depends on his price to be honest. how much is he willing to take to help this team acquire talent? hes been the lone bright spot on this team since 2006 IIRC

Chris Long, Jenkins, Brockers, JL among others would take exception to that statement.

Headbanger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I think he's as good as gone. Someone is going to pay him more then us, and I'm fine with it. I like our 2 backs currently and, if we acquire another, I like our backfield going into next year. Richardson honestly looking great last season, just didn't get a lot of carries.

I hope you're joking. Richardson and Pead are change of pace backs at best.

Richardson had two games where he dominated, after London, he averaged 3 yards per carry.

I think that we need to keep Steven if he takes a cut and put him in third down situations on screens and flats. There is no DB that will be willing to take him in the open field.

As for Pead and Richardson, we utilize them as Panthers did with Stewart and Williams.

Even if SJ leave the Rams, we'll need a back to help them.

That's my take on the matter, so you're free to reflect on it.

"Sometimes two...Sometimes three...That's how many you need and you still can't handle me."
By David "Deacon" Jones.

RAMS MY TEAM TILL THE DAY I DIE
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams have Ganaway on the roster don't forget. Rams were going to draft him but the Jets ended up doing prior to their pick.

I think he has a lot of potential, even if Jackson doesn't come back I wouldn't consider RB a real need in this draft. That doesn't mean I wouldn't take one late in the draft if it was BPA or a RB slipped down in the draft.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headbanger wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Richardson had two games where he dominated, after London, he averaged 3 yards per carry.

I think that we need to keep Steven if he takes a cut and put him in third down situations on screens and flats. There is no DB that will be willing to take him in the open field.

As for Pead and Richardson, we utilize them as Panthers did with Stewart and Williams.

Here are the facts:
Richardson YPC: 4.8
Jackson YPC: 4.1

Richardson didn't start to slow down until week 13 at San Fran, and that is mostly due to the lack of carries he was getting (about 3 per game). Prior to that he was averaging close to 5 yards per carry and was a spark plug whenever he was in there.

No idea why people feel like Richardson can't be our #1 back, with Pead carrying some of the load. There are several starting backs that are the same size as Richardson, so that should not be the main concern here.

Additionally, we do have a bigger back currently in Ganaway, although nobody really knows if he's any good in the NFL at this point.

rAmFan39

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope he comes back and makes the playoffs with us. I love S-Jax and would hate to see him gone, but if he does go I hope he goes to a real contender like the Pats or maybe even the Broncos.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like RamsFan said, don't sleep on Ganaway FO really likes this kid

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
jdhommert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I *think* SJ39 comes back, but I'm barely leaning that way.

I just didn't like what I saw in the last few games Richardson played. He pretty much got stuffed at the line of scrimmage or so on every play. Didn't even break one open from what I remember.

Week 11 was the last week he got over 10 yards in a game.
He averaged 1.5 Yards per attempt his last 5 games.

Now I really think Pead can be a good RB. He came into the year way behind due to having to stay in school throughout the summer and Richardson ascended and got above him on the depth chart before he knew what happened.

I also think watching Pead in the first half of the season he was trying to rush/force everything. On a return he'd look down and think about the endzone before he even had the ball in his hands. Or on a run he would grab the ball running full speed in one direction where the hole was supposed to be, rather than letting the play develop and react. He did a much, much better job of that his last couple games or so.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Headbanger wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Here are the facts:
Richardson YPC: 4.8
Jackson YPC: 4.1

Richardson didn't start to slow down until week 13 at San Fran, and that is mostly due to the lack of carries he was getting (about 3 per game). Prior to that he was averaging close to 5 yards per carry and was a spark plug whenever he was in there.

No idea why people feel like Richardson can't be our #1 back, with Pead carrying some of the load. There are several starting backs that are the same size as Richardson, so that should not be the main concern here.

Additionally, we do have a bigger back currently in Ganaway, although nobody really knows if he's any good in the NFL at this point.

Jacksons YPC wouldve been higher if he was able to get more carries in certain games like against the skins or jets or vikings. I think we should resign him, we need him as a receiver and pass protector. Stevens a smart guy, I think he will take a pay cut to stay.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jackson could have done a lot more last year. The playcalling to stop running the ball when SJ39 couldn't be stopped was puzzling at best.

Hopefully that means his body is fresh for us next year. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: