Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mel Kiper 1st round mock out...Cowboys pick only posted.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DallasPride28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want to get a legitimate shot at the super bowl we have to get some talent on the line. Simple as that. We have to give romo more time to throw. That's already known.to all of us. Livings was ok this season but there's not much to be proud of after smith.

Adopt-A-Cowboy(Dez Bryant)
46 catches, 706 yards, 7 touchdown, 15.3 average
DallasPride28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want to get a legitimate shot at the super bowl we have to get some talent on the line. Simple as that. We have to give romo more time to throw. That's already known.to all of us. Livings was ok this season but there's not much to be proud of after smith.

Adopt-A-Cowboy(Dez Bryant)
46 catches, 706 yards, 7 touchdown, 15.3 average
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DallasPride28 wrote:

I think Warmack or Cooper would be a huge upgrade over what he currently have at guard. I think we seriously have to look at trading down from 18 to 22 to 24. We still should be able to get one of these guys, and possibly both would be available still.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack
Warford

LETS GO TO WAR!

Sig courtesy of mack.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
ThePlaymaker86 wrote:
1. Warmack
2. Cooper

Those are my top two choices in the 1st. So, I would be pleased

If Jerry Jones wants to gain my support he'd draft Warmack at 18 like people are saying guards will slip; then trade back up into the first and get Cooper. Real reason the 9ers turned it around so quickly? 3 first rounders on an outstanding offensive line.

I think I'd take Warmack in the 1st, a DT or S in the 2nd, then maybe take one of Barrett Jones or Kyle Long in the 3rd

Assume a trade back up takes our 2nd and 4th? Not sure on the points but that seems like itís legit off the top of my head.
1a G Chance Warmack
1b G Johnathan Cooper
3 S Tony Jefferson/T.J. McDonald/D.J. Swearinger
5 OLB Lerentee McCray
6 DT Anthony McCloud

LT Smith/ Parnell
LG Warmack/Livings
C Berndeu/Anyone
RG Cooper/Cook
RT Free/Parnell

2nd and 4th I think would be not enough to get back up unless it's very late in the round (where I think neither Cooper or Warmack will be avalible). Also, I don't see the value in trading up with such a strong guard class. Frederick and Warford are both great talents who would offer great value when atleast one of them probably are avalible for us in the 2nd. If not, then Dallas Thomas should be there and he isn't to bad either.

- Really hope that we can get Cooper and Frederick. They are my two favourite guards from this draft class, and I believe that those two are the ones who will have the best careers.
J_Rowskee_DC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Warmack
Warford

LETS GO TO WAR!

This is a pipe dream, and I hope it happens. I'm seriously hoping that this is the off-season of the trenches.

thanks to Joe_is_the_best
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
ThePlaymaker86 wrote:
1. Warmack
2. Cooper

If Jerry Jones wants to gain my support he'd draft Warmack at 18 like people are saying guards will slip; then trade back up into the first and get Cooper. Real reason the 9ers turned it around so quickly? 3 first rounders on an outstanding offensive line.

I think I'd take Warmack in the 1st, a DT or S in the 2nd, then maybe take one of Barrett Jones or Kyle Long in the 3rd

Assume a trade back up takes our 2nd and 4th? Not sure on the points but that seems like itís legit off the top of my head.
1a G Chance Warmack
1b G Johnathan Cooper
5 OLB Lerentee McCray
6 DT Anthony McCloud

LT Smith/ Parnell
LG Warmack/Livings
C Berndeu/Anyone
RG Cooper/Cook
RT Free/Parnell

2nd and 4th I think would be not enough to get back up unless it's very late in the round (where I think neither Cooper or Warmack will be avalible). Also, I don't see the value in trading up with such a strong guard class. Frederick and Warford are both great talents who would offer great value when atleast one of them probably are avalible for us in the 2nd. If not, then Dallas Thomas should be there and he isn't to bad either.

- Really hope that we can get Cooper and Frederick. They are my two favourite guards from this draft class, and I believe that those two are the ones who will have the best careers.

Yea its atleast a 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and future 2nd to get back into the first

This draft is WAY too deep to trade up for anything other than a blue chip prospect - I'd rather trade down and add picks than move up and lose em.

Sig courtesy of mack.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Warmack
Warford

LETS GO TO WAR!

The War Trucks

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
ThePlaymaker86 wrote:
1. Warmack
2. Cooper

1a G Chance Warmack
1b G Johnathan Cooper
5 OLB Lerentee McCray
6 DT Anthony McCloud

LT Smith/ Parnell
LG Warmack/Livings
C Berndeu/Anyone
RG Cooper/Cook
RT Free/Parnell

Yea its atleast a 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and future 2nd to get back into the first

This draft is WAY too deep to trade up for anything other than a blue chip prospect - I'd rather trade down and add picks than move up and lose em.

Agree. With Warmack and Cooper, we may be able to trade down into the mid to late 20's and still get one. There also seems to be some really good tackle prospects that should be available in the 2nd, and possibly Brennan Williams and Warford(G) in the 3rd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: