Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mel Kiper 1st round mock out...Cowboys pick only posted.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Mel Kiper 1st round mock out...Cowboys pick only posted. Reply with quote

Quote:
Analysis: The Cowboys had an uneven season on the offensive line, and Cooper will provide an upgrade immediately. This is a complete guard, a player who is exceptional at delivering blocks and moving in tight quarters, and he moves extremely well for the position. He can deliver an initial blow to eliminate an interior defender and then move easily to the second level where he can line up linebackers and safeties and block in space.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8846701/2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-first-mock-draft

As for others rumored to be Dallas' pick he has Warmack going 7th to the Cards, Vaccaro 16th to the Rams and Floyd 30th to the 49ers. ESPN Insider article so I don't want to post it all and get in trouble but that is his pick and break down for Dallas.

Me on the sig in MS Paint Razz

Last edited by SHSTE92 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
htfryar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper would be a good pick, if Warmack was already taken.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of lifeís problems.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't complain about selecting Cooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the pick. Honestly, I can't see any reason why Dallas would go outside of OL in Rd 1, and possibly Rd 2 as well. They simply have to get better up front.

Kiltman on avy Pepper90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mel Kiper 1st round mock out...Cowboys pick only posted. Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Quote:
Analysis: The Cowboys had an uneven season on the offensive line, and Cooper will provide an upgrade immediately. This is a complete guard, a player who is exceptional at delivering blocks and moving in tight quarters, and he moves extremely well for the position. He can deliver an initial blow to eliminate an interior defender and then move easily to the second level where he can line up linebackers and safeties and block in space.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8846701/2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-first-mock-draft

As for others rumored to be Dallas' pick he has Warmack going 7th to the Cards, Vaccaro 16th to the Rams and Floyd 30th to the 49ers. ESPN Insider article so I don't want to post it all and get in trouble but that is his pick and break down for Dallas.

Warmack in the Top 10? I mean DeCastro was being touted as the greatest G prospect since Hutchinson and he fell to the 20's. Not sure a G will ever go Top 10.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with Cooper. It's tough to predict where interior OL will end up getting drafted. We know what is going to happen: skill position players will test off the chart and their stock will rise causing the OG's to fall. We could probably trade back and still land a solid OL.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Mel Kiper 1st round mock out...Cowboys pick only posted. Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
Quote:

Warmack in the Top 10? I mean DeCastro was being touted as the greatest G prospect since Hutchinson and he fell to the 20's. Not sure a G will ever go Top 10.

I agree with Plan that there is simply no way he goes top 10. Top 15, perhaps. But teams just don't have the stones to take an interior lineman (or any OL that isn't a potential franchise left tackle) that early. Too many players like Adrian Peterson and Patrick Willis are found in the 6-10 range. Right or wrong, teams aren't going to draft a guard over someone that might turn out like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Mel Kiper 1st round mock out...Cowboys pick only posted. Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
Quote:

I agree with Plan that there is simply no way he goes top 10. Top 15, perhaps. But teams just don't have the stones to take an interior lineman (or any OL that isn't a potential franchise left tackle) that early. Too many players like Adrian Peterson and Patrick Willis are found in the 6-10 range. Right or wrong, teams aren't going to draft a guard over someone that might turn out like that.

Jets will take Warmack at 9. They love drafting Crimson Tide.
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Warmack
2. Cooper

Those are my top two choices in the 1st. So, I would be pleased
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePlaymaker86 wrote:
1. Warmack
2. Cooper

If Jerry Jones wants to gain my support he'd draft Warmack at 18 like people are saying guards will slip; then trade back up into the first and get Cooper. Real reason the 9ers turned it around so quickly? 3 first rounders on an outstanding offensive line.

Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
ThePlaymaker86 wrote:
1. Warmack
2. Cooper

If Jerry Jones wants to gain my support he'd draft Warmack at 18 like people are saying guards will slip; then trade back up into the first and get Cooper. Real reason the 9ers turned it around so quickly? 3 first rounders on an outstanding offensive line.

I think I'd take Warmack in the 1st, a DT or S in the 2nd, then maybe take one of Barrett Jones or Kyle Long in the 3rd

^^^mack
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
ThePlaymaker86 wrote:
1. Warmack
2. Cooper

I think I'd take Warmack in the 1st, a DT or S in the 2nd, then maybe take one of Barrett Jones or Kyle Long in the 3rd

Assume a trade back up takes our 2nd and 4th? Not sure on the points but that seems like itís legit off the top of my head.
1a G Chance Warmack
1b G Johnathan Cooper
3 S Tony Jefferson/T.J. McDonald/D.J. Swearinger
5 OLB Lerentee McCray
6 DT Anthony McCloud

LT Smith/ Parnell
LG Warmack/Livings
C Berndeu/Anyone
RG Cooper/Cook
RT Free/Parnell

Football Mensa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
ThePlaymaker86 wrote:
1. Warmack
2. Cooper

Desperado you can get Long later in the draft.

As for people thinking Warmack will slip considerably I disagree. He is a better player than DeCastro. The running game is becoming more prominent as coaches learn to balance their offense. Look how many times Cowboy fans have said they wish we ran the ball more. How much easier would it be with a player like Warmack ? Other teams are taking notice as well.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Mel Kiper 1st round mock out...Cowboys pick only posted. Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
Quote:

Jets will take Warmack at 9. They love drafting Crimson Tide.

No, they won't. OG's just don't go that early whether they deserve to or not. It's the nature of the position much moreso than the player. For whatever reason, it's not valued as highly as other more "premium" positions. Warmack will likely go in the 16-20 range, which is very high for an OG.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
ThePlaymaker86 wrote:
1. Warmack
2. Cooper

Bingo. I'm right there with you on the 49ers thing. It's why these teams with young QB's are winning, dominant OL's.

Not sure about the cost of a trade up, I would like to keep our picks. Warford in the 2nd could be a possibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: