Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OT - Chip Kelly is the New Eagles Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
I wonder if we hear about recruiting sanctions coming to Oregon over the next few months?

Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.
They are expected to have sanctions coming from the NCAA before the start of next year. Clearly Kelly got out, while the getting was good.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shruj wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
shruj wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
I wonder if we hear about recruiting sanctions coming to Oregon over the next few months?

Worked out well for Carroll.

Exactly, get out and get paid while you still can. Not that an NFL team would really care about that anyway.

Yeah and boy did he get paid.

I can't wait to see the contract details. I'd say 5 yr/$40M is the absolute minimum we'll see.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
shruj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
shruj wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
shruj wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

Worked out well for Carroll.

Exactly, get out and get paid while you still can. Not that an NFL team would really care about that anyway.

Yeah and boy did he get paid.

I can't wait to see the contract details. I'd say 5 yr/$40M is the absolute minimum we'll see.

For sure. It's gonna be some insane amount of money.
bears2308

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
I've lost a lot of respect for Chip Kelly after this whole process. He just seems to play mind games with teams, make up your damn mind. I hope it's an epic FAIL for the eagles, ill laugh so hard.

Vick and McCoy are ideal for a Kelly offense. Fact of the matter is Vick can't stay healthy. He'll have to make a drastic change in his play-book to work in the NFL. Maybe they land Geno Smith? Idk. I don't see him working out at the pro level.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PAC 12 fan in me is ecstatic. Cool

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly choosing the Eagles is stealing all the air time on ESPN that would be about the Bears and Trestman.

All they're talking about is Kelly and the possibility of LeBron going back to Cleveland....

AZBearsFan wrote:

TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Chip Kelly choosing the Eagles is stealing all the air time on ESPN that would be about the Bears and Trestman.

All they're talking about is Kelly and the possibility of LeBron going back to Cleveland....

LeBron James?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

LeBron James?
Yeah, Wade, James, & Bosh don't seem to really work all that well on the floor together.

topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

LeBron James?
Yeah, Wade, James, & Bosh don't seem to really work all that well on the floor together.

Umm well they did win an NBA title last year together and have a great shot at repeating again. Why fix something if it ain't broke?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

LeBron James?

Umm well they did win an NBA title last year together and have a great shot at repeating again. Why fix something if it ain't broke?
James carried that team to the NBA title last year, the 3 seemingly can not coexist together, and rumor has been since midseason last year that James wants to go back to Cleveland.

DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

LeBron James?

James carried that team to the NBA title last year, the 3 seemingly can not coexist together, and rumor has been since midseason last year that James wants to go back to Cleveland.
If anyone goes it's going to be Bosh. Miami will do whatever they can to keep Lebron.

I can see Lebron wanting to go back to Cleveland if he feels bad about leaving. I don't think he should feel bad though. He really didn't do anything wrong.

Also I think Kelly to the Eagles is a good fit. They have a lot of speed on that offense.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

LeBron James?

If anyone goes it's going to be Bosh. Miami will do whatever they can to keep Lebron.

I can see Lebron wanting to go back to Cleveland if he feels bad about leaving. I don't think he should feel bad though. He really didn't do anything wrong.

Also I think Kelly to the Eagles is a good fit. They have a lot of speed on that offense.

Yeah I have no problem with LeBron leaving, that's his right as a FA. But it was the TV show he had to announce it that pissed me off.

AZBearsFan wrote:

TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Kelly is being paid with briefcases full of unmarked bills or if he opted for the sack with a dollar sign on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

LeBron James?

Yeah I have no problem with LeBron leaving, that's his right as a FA. But it was the TV show he had to announce it that pissed me off.
Me too.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
I've lost a lot of respect for Chip Kelly after this whole process. He just seems to play mind games with teams, make up your damn mind. I hope it's an epic FAIL for the eagles, ill laugh so hard.
That is a pretty damning statement based on a lot of assumptions. What if the Eagles were at fault here?

This will work out well for the Eagles I think. Kelly won't try and do something that won't work in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: