Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chip Kelly played us... BAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tully305

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/723/eagles-defense

Grantham?!?!? Seriously? Yeah, dodged that bullet!
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Contrary to most CLE based radio stations, I think this shows more business savvy for the Browns than ineptness.

Agreed. I think a lot of people feel this way. I bet Booms had a corinary tomorrow though. His blind hate is so annoying.

Here's to hoping!

That would be fun. He could stroke out on the radio as well.

Look when going into hiring you have multiple candidates. You offer someone and they don't give an answer move on. We will see next season.
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tully305 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/723/eagles-defense

Grantham?!?!? Seriously? Yeah, dodged that bullet!

if that happens, it means the Eagles will either go for Geno Smith, so Kelly has a young possible stud on offense or go Jones for Grantham

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was into the Chip Kelly hype as much or more than most, but I just don't see getting worked up over this.

He didn't want to be in Cleveland. Rob Chudzinski considers it his dream job, and is reportedly putting together quite a fine staff of coaches (unlike Kelly - Todd Grantham? Really?).

Browns did the best thing for the Browns by moving on, and ended up with a fine football coach who has proven NFL success with his offense - with no tweaks needed.

Some people like to get upset just to be upset, I guess. Rage draws viewers/listeners/readers more than reason and acceptance.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
I was into the Chip Kelly hype as much or more than most, but I just don't see getting worked up over this.

He didn't want to be in Cleveland. Rob Chudzinski considers it his dream job, and is reportedly putting together quite a fine staff of coaches (unlike Kelly - Todd Grantham? Really?).

Browns did the best thing for the Browns by moving on, and ended up with a fine football coach who has proven NFL success with his offense - with no tweaks needed.

Some people like to get upset just to be upset, I guess. Rage draws viewers/listeners/readers more than reason and acceptance.

I agree. Although, I didn't see many people getting overly worked up over this in this thread; unlike the 100 page Chip Kelly thread we nailed off last week.

Its just going to be interesting to gauge these out and see what happens over the long haul. From the sounds of it we thought we were closer than we actually were. I still think he played us.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

Yea, the Chip Kelly thing is a circus, and we have enough of a circus with our revolving doors in the front office and coaching staff. If he didn't want to be in Cleveland then I don't care what he does now. This is not a big deal. Let's move on. I can't wait to play the Eagles (with or without Chip Kelly) and any of the other 31 teams in the coming years. I just hope our product will be better than their's, cuz I'm only buying one brand. GO BROWNS!

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
cattleman78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think Kelly did play Haslim and Banner a bit I really don't care. I have not said much about who I wanted for a coach lately. However midseason when we were talking about a new coach I mentioned Chud as one I liked. So I'm not disappointed at all. I know Haslim and Banner wanted to make a big splash and Kelly was the hot guy.

Now I think they will make some big splashes in free agency. Which will be more to our benefit.

I still think we have a nice core of players for Chud. The young ones will get better and better.

The only big negative I have is getting rid of Heckert. I'd rather stay in the 4/3 defense but that doesn't bother me as much. Now if we hire Lombardi that will bother me a lot.

Chud seems to be putting a good staff together.

Go Browns in closing.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Contrary to most CLE based radio stations, I think this shows more business savvy for the Browns than ineptness.

Agreed. I think a lot of people feel this way. I bet Booms had a corinary tomorrow though. His blind hate is so annoying.

I was able to listen to that show for all of about 5 minutes this morning. And yes he is very angry about all that's transpired. He hates the Chud hire and thinks we should have stayed in the Chip Kelly sweepstakes at all cost. Laughing

BTW since booms doesn't like the hire means Chud will be a top coach. He is rarely right and is in it for ratings and ratings only.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Dnayew Khan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good thing Chip Kelly is not our coach. He's going to be terrible in the NFL. I've watched a lot of Oregon over the years and I just don't believe that system will work in the league. I don't think it would work in the SEC for that matter.

Chud and - more importantly - Norv Turner, as what may be our permanent OC - is the best news the Browns have received since we fired Romeo.

Turner has reached the end of his line as a Head Coach. This means if he still has the offensive genius that landed him 3 head coaching jobs, he can be our Ace in the Hole for a long time. He can be to us what Wade Phillips, Dom Capers and - Lebeau are to their respective teams.

And if Green Bay is foolish enough to let us steal Capers, we've officially hit the Jackpot. Very Happy

Peace.

Proud member of Gator Nation!

Less-Proud member of the Dawg Pound...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: