Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chip Kelly played us... BAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derekfelty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for him. We got out man for the future. His gonna take us far any ways.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles fan base is large in this forum.

I respect most of them and hope they do well.

That said...

Coming in here and gloating, will wake a sleeping giant.

You won't like us when we're angry.

Wink

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
*Jeff Lurie calls up Joe Banner*

Jeff: Suck it Joe!
-Hangs up phone-

Jeff Lurie then calls Michael Vick- who breaks his wrist while answering the phone. In a panic he calls Nick Foles.

Nick Foles tells him to vote for Pedro.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.

Feel sorry for the Oregon fans, Chip gave them as much respect as a guy does his college slumpbuster.

They deserve better.

Philly is a really good fit, or so it would seem, for what he likes to do. Probably not a better fit in the NFL, honestly.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
At this point, I've moved on, but I'm not really looking forward to the Banner bashing that this will bring.

By all reports, Haslam and Banner didn't think Kelly was totally committed to the NFL so they moved on. Obviously, the Eagles felt differently and kept pursuing him.

We'll see who was right.

I didn't want him after he snubbed our dinner date to stay with the Eagles for 9 hours. Right after that I said hell with it.

Don't get me wrong I was pretty excited when I saw the 95% reports, but they quickly faded.

The Banner bashing has already started. Kind of stupid though, the guy hasn't done anything yet.

Whats most interesting? they have the pick right before us in the draft... might be interesting to see if we leapfrog them for a player we both want.

The Browns did the right thing. Yes they though they had Kelly, they even had lawyers ready to talk contract at the second dinner meeting. Kelly stood them up for dinner, wasnt 100% committed to the NFL, goes back to Oregon, then grovels to the Eagles 2 weeks later after he said he wanted to 'wrap this thing up quickly'. The Browns had to have offered him the job, he turned them down and didnt even meet them again after the Eagles. I am glad the Browns left and moved on.

Think about it this way; you own your own business, you interview a cantidate for a job openning and offer him the job. He is supposed to get back to you tomorrow, and when tomorrow comes, he is a no show. A week later his is interested again, do you hire him? I'm sure out of principle, if you are turned down (like the Browns, Eagles and Bills), you move on. Why would you want someone like that working for you?

I think the Browns played it right, they were firm and that is a good thing. Furthermore, this guy hasnt won a national championship or a superbowl nor has ever cashed a check from the NFL. Point is, we arent missing out on a proven NFL championship coach.

Plus, the guy was recruiting kids last week to come to Oregon, then he bails on them and the program? Not interested in that kinda character.

Im not saying the Browns are better off with Chud over Kelly, but the way everything went down, I think we made the right move. Only time will tell what happens.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

numerous reports out that he was still actively recruiting players until just a couple days - week ago...

Did the NCAA tell Oregon news on what the upcoming sanctions were going to be? ... seems like that would make the most sense from what we know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Watch the NCAA bring sanctions against the Ducks now.

I have a feeling Chip knows more about the sanctions now than two weeks ago hence him pulling the chute.

LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Watch the NCAA bring sanctions against the Ducks now.

I have a feeling Chip knows more about the sanctions now than two weeks ago hence him pulling the chute.

Very possible.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Contrary to most CLE based radio stations, I think this shows more business savvy for the Browns than ineptness.

Agreed. I think a lot of people feel this way. I bet Booms had a corinary tomorrow though. His blind hate is so annoying.

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
At this point, I've moved on, but I'm not really looking forward to the Banner bashing that this will bring.

By all reports, Haslam and Banner didn't think Kelly was totally committed to the NFL so they moved on. Obviously, the Eagles felt differently and kept pursuing him.

We'll see who was right.

I didn't want him after he snubbed our dinner date to stay with the Eagles for 9 hours. Right after that I said hell with it.

Don't get me wrong I was pretty excited when I saw the 95% reports, but they quickly faded.

The Banner bashing has already started. Kind of stupid though, the guy hasn't done anything yet.

Whats most interesting? they have the pick right before us in the draft... might be interesting to see if we leapfrog them for a player we both want.

The Browns did the right thing. Yes they though they had Kelly, they even had lawyers ready to talk contract at the second dinner meeting. Kelly stood them up for dinner, wasnt 100% committed to the NFL, goes back to Oregon, then grovels to the Eagles 2 weeks later after he said he wanted to 'wrap this thing up quickly'. The Browns had to have offered him the job, he turned them down and didnt even meet them again after the Eagles. I am glad the Browns left and moved on.

Think about it this way; you own your own business, you interview a cantidate for a job openning and offer him the job. He is supposed to get back to you tomorrow, and when tomorrow comes, he is a no show. A week later his is interested again, do you hire him? I'm sure out of principle, if you are turned down (like the Browns, Eagles and Bills), you move on. Why would you want someone like that working for you?

I think the Browns played it right, they were firm and that is a good thing. Furthermore, this guy hasnt won a national championship or a superbowl nor has ever cashed a check from the NFL. Point is, we arent missing out on a proven NFL championship coach.

Plus, the guy was recruiting kids last week to come to Oregon, then he bails on them and the program? Not interested in that kinda character.

Im not saying the Browns are better off with Chud over Kelly, but the way everything went down, I think we made the right move. Only time will tell what happens.

Measured, reasonable and articulate response.

I will still always reflect fondly on the night we almost hired Chip Kelly, and the fun we had in this forum taking a thread about a possible coaching hire to 100 pages seemingly overnight. I look forward to watching how his offense translates to the NFL, but am even more excited about the Chud/Turner/Coryell offense being run in Cleveland, and the head coach being 100% commited to the Browns.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That part is 100% true ... RT @NFL_ATL: Chip Kelly: "I always wanted" the Philly job. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127457/article/chip-kelly-i-always-wanted-philadelphia-eagles-job?campaign=Twitter_atl

Per Albert Breer.

We got totally played lol

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:
That part is 100% true ... RT @NFL_ATL: Chip Kelly: "I always wanted" the Philly job. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127457/article/chip-kelly-i-always-wanted-philadelphia-eagles-job?campaign=Twitter_atl

Per Albert Breer.

Covering his tracks.

Glad we backed off this POS.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:

Per Albert Breer.

Of course he's going to say that now.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:

Per Albert Breer.

Of course he's going to say that now.

Was more referring to Breer saying it was 100% true

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Contrary to most CLE based radio stations, I think this shows more business savvy for the Browns than ineptness.

Agreed. I think a lot of people feel this way. I bet Booms had a corinary tomorrow though. His blind hate is so annoying.

Here's to hoping!

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: