Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trestman Press Conference
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mteward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Trestman Press Conference Reply with quote

Just wondering what you guys are expecting to hear from him during the interview. Do you think we will hear anything about Rod staying or going?
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Trestman Press Conference Reply with quote

mteward wrote:
Just wondering what you guys are expecting to hear from him during the interview. Do you think we will hear anything about Rod staying or going?

I'm sure the question will be asked and they will likely not have a definite answer yet.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Trestman Press Conference Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
mteward wrote:

I'm sure the question will be asked and they will likely not have a definite answer yet.
"Rod is still under contract and we expect him to be our defensive coordinator this year"

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to see how he does with the media and if he fits the mold of what Emery wants out of a Head Coach.

There were some rumors that the Bears couldn't fit the right guy and may have settled I think this presser will kind of give some insight into that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Trestman Press Conference Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
mteward wrote:

"Rod is still under contract and we expect him to be our defensive coordinator this year"

Exactly how I expect it. Although with Emery, who really knows?

Do we know if this is for sure on CSN? I don't want to miss a single second of this.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
I'm looking to see how he does with the media and if he fits the mold of what Emery wants out of a Head Coach.

There were some rumors that the Bears couldn't fit the right guy and may have settled I think this presser will kind of give some insight into that.

What do you mean couldn't find the right guy?

They interviewed the entire league and turned down Arians as HC and Wisenhunt as OC.

Emery took a risk, which tells me he picked the guy he wanted critiscm be damned.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

They interviewed the entire league and turned down Arians as HC and Wisenhunt as OC.

Emery took a risk, which tells me he picked the guy he wanted critiscm be damned.

Sounds like Trestman being able to bring Kromer along with him was a big selling point and possibly tipped the balance in his favor.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the Score on just in case.
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

There was a tweet out there at one point saying that none of the guys really were a 100% of what Emery wanted and Trestman was the best.

Maybe thats just Emery being very particular or maybe the source has no idea what he's speaking of. Just throwing that out there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Trestman Press Conference Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
mteward wrote:

Exactly how I expect it. Although with Emery, who really knows?

Do we know if this is for sure on CSN? I don't want to miss a single second of this.
per CSNChicago.com CSN will carry the Marc Trestman press conference

BearsDen1-99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to the score, someone was reporting that Marinelli is not staying as the bears D coach..cant remember who they said reported it. Sorry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

There was a tweet out there at one point saying that none of the guys really were a 100% of what Emery wanted and Trestman was the best.

Maybe thats just Emery being very particular or maybe the source has no idea what he's speaking of. Just throwing that out there.
I'd say the guy had no idea what he was talking about.

BearsDen1-99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trestman wanted him to stay but I guess he want's out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearsDen1-99 wrote:
Listening to the score, someone was reporting that Marinelli is not staying as the bears D coach..cant remember who they said reported it. Sorry
Clayton said that he thinks Marinelli is just waiting for the AZ job to get filled to make sure Lovie doesn't get it before he resigns. He's been offered the DL Coach position in Dallas under Monte Kiffin.

BearsDen1-99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
BearsDen1-99 wrote:
Clayton said that he thinks Marinelli is just waiting for the AZ job to get filled to make sure Lovie doesn't get it before he resigns. He's been offered the DL Coach position in Dallas under Monte Kiffin.

Thank you Superman!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: