Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is your favorite Colt of all-time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooche

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Who is your favorite Colt of all-time? Reply with quote

Thought this would be cool discussion among the fans.

So, who is your favorite player who has played for the Colts, and why?

I'll throw my pick later in the thread.
bladefd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy answer. It is a guy that many of you might remember.. a guy named Peyton Manning. Razz

He essentially made the Colts who they are, their identity. Peyton is the Colts' logo as Jerry West is the nba's logo. I don't think any other Colt had more impact on nfl and football as a whole than Peyton. The great Johnny U is close, but I don't think anyone here have seen him play in his prime in 1960s (if you have, tell me about it!!). What we have is what people said of him decades back. I think Peyton had more impact for Colts than the late Johnny U simply due to the live tv era. I hope I'm not biased on this since Peyton Manning was, is, and always will be my favorite overall player in NFL.

Johnny U was the pioneer, but Peyton took it to the next level. Manning Manning Manning. Wink

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go one further and name top 5+:
1) Peyton Manning
2) Dallas Clark
3) Jeff Herrod
4) Dwight Freeney
5) Gary Brackett

HM: Marvin Harrison, Bob Sanders, Marshall Faulk

and Reggie Wayne (I said it before and I'll say it again, his decision to come back this year along with deciding not to train in Miami like previous seasons and the leadership position he assumed won great respect and admiration from me)
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started football watching the Colts and seeing this QB slinging it around his rookie year. It still took me a couple years after to really care about football since I grew up a basketball maniac but it was always this guy that got me.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Reggie Wayne
3. Dallas Clark
4. Joseph Addai
5. Gary Brackett

HM: Jeff Saturday, Mike Vanderjagt, Antoine Bethea

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite Colt of all-time is Bob Sanders. Watching him play at Iowa, it was just madness how he would smash the opposition and cause problems for the offense all over the field. I made a promise that I would become a fan of the team that selected the former Hawkeye. A hard hitting safety, an amazing signal caller, and an outstanding wide receiver were enough to get me to officially board the ship of the Indianapolis Colts.

I don't think I've enjoyed football more than that 06 Super Bowl run. Bob was instrumental with his return to the line-up in slowing down the Chiefs, Ravens, Patriots and finally Bears. I vividly remember the Colts being embarrassed on the ground by the Jags with the two-headed monster of MJD and Fred Taylor late in the season. Sanders was the guy who rekindled the fire in that defense and led the way through the post-season to capture that Lombardi trophy.

It was so painful to see him go down with so many injuries, but with the reckless play-style he brought to the table, it wasn't all that surprising. Regardless, he is the reason I became a fan of the Colts, and is one of my favorite football players, period.

HM - Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Freeney and Bethea.
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton Manning. Dwight Freeney and Reggie Wayne are up there as well.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give a top 5:

Peyton Manning
Reggie Wayne
Edge
Tony Siragusa
Dwight Freeney

HM:
Bethea
Duane Bickett
Tim Jennings***Had to say that lol...but it Vanderjagt makes the list anyone is on the table***

last but not least....Albert Bentley!!!
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys seriously need to learn more than like 15 years of Colts history. Laughing I'm not even a fan of the Colts and Johnny Unitas would have to be my favorite. Unitas is what put Football on the map in the 50s.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
You guys seriously need to learn more than like 15 years of Colts history. Laughing I'm not even a fan of the Colts and Johnny Unitas would have to be my favorite. Unitas is what put Football on the map in the 50s.

That doesn't mean he's my favorite or has to be my favorite.

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
the Colts have been in Indianapolis for 27 years, and I honestly didn't follow them for the first 6 or 7 of those. Now I can appreciate the Baltimore years but that doesn't mean anything to me on a favorite players list.

Besides look up Jeff Herrod and Duane Bickett and you'll see they played for Indy more then 15 years ago
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite right now is TY. I think because its fun to yell TY after a big catch or TD Very Happy

My top 5:

Peyton Manning = This is a must. He did so much for our organization
Jim Harbaugh = I will never forget that BS loss to Pittsburg in the playoffs
Marvin Harrison = It was fun watching him out preform the loud mouth WRs around the league
Eric Dickerson = One of my all time favorite backs
Dwight Freeney = Freeney as a DE not as an OLB

HM:

Edge
Marshall Faulk
Quentin Coryatt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:

Yeah, technically speaking, he wasn't apart of the Indianapolis franchise.

I'm way too young to say I've seen him play outside of the odd highlight clip. I'll always respect him, but I can't put him over guys that I've watched on Sunday afternoons since I've been a fan.
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:

He stopped playing 7 years before I was born! Hard to say a guy is one of your favorites when you haven't seen him play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: