Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finally!!! Someone agrees with me (Draft another QB)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Finally!!! Someone agrees with me (Draft another QB) Reply with quote

Have you ever felt you were alone in this world? Not literally, but have you felt you were the only person who believed something no one seemed to agree with? That is the boat I am in. I do not believe in Tanneyhill. Sorry, when I see him play, I think of a backup. There was a story posted in the Sun Sentinel why the Fins should draft another QB and I cannot agree more.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-omar-kelly-tannehill-0116-20130115,0,7400772.story
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you in that the team should keep drafting a QB. Look at how many have filled in for an injured QB and were traded away for a second or first round pick and it is a lot easier to take a chance on a raw talent when you have someone established in place (smith and Keapernick (sp) come to mind). I like what Tannehill offers, but even the Redskins (with limited picks) had enough insight to grab another QB..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would you take in the upcoming draft as somebody to groom? I honestly don't like any of the mid-round QB prospects this year with the exception of Zac Dysert of Miami (Ohio). On another note, Landry Jones should've come out last year when he was projected to go in the 1st round. He'll be lucky to get drafted before the 4th now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the name of Omar Kelly in that link. Not sure I can be bothered to read it!
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
Who would you take in the upcoming draft as somebody to groom? I honestly don't like any of the mid-round QB prospects this year with the exception of Zac Dysert of Miami (Ohio). On another note, Landry Jones should've come out last year when he was projected to go in the 1st round. He'll be lucky to get drafted before the 4th now.

EJ Manuel, Brad Sorenson, Sean Renfree

The idea is that you already have a guy in place, which allows you to give someone a shot...if he doesn't turn out...not a problem you are out a late round pick, but if does preform well then you have a guy who can replace your starter or a nice little piece for trade bait.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using a late round pick on a QB for all of my Miami mock drafts.

I'd want guys like EJ Manuel and Landry Jones.
I wouldn't use the pick until the 5th or later though. So guys like Zac Dysart and Colin Klein arr more realistic.

Essentially we would have two back ups who are very young and inexperienced though if Tannehill would be injured.

Now that I think about we should bring in a vet with some experience. Tannehill is going to get a couple years to prove he's a franchise guy. Play it safe, bring in a vet.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think it was in the "Tracking Ryan Tannehill" thread quite a few of us commented that we aren't yet convinced that Tannehill is THE man. I love his pocket presence, and I love his ability to continually look downfield, but he threw no more than 1 TD pass to any WR this season. That's not good. He is young, and I saw plenty that I liked, but to crown him KING is premature. I think if you dig, you'll see more than a couple people have been critical of Tannehill.

I have no problem with us drafting someone else to compete, especially since Matt Moore will be shopping his services. However, I also think we could have something in Pat Delvin. That doesn't mean the search has to stop though. An abundance of talent at the QB spot is a "problem" I'd love to have.
patdt13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to complain about a guy, at least spell his name right.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judson49 wrote:
I see the name of Omar Kelly in that link. Not sure I can be bothered to read it!
Amen...
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Tannehill and do hope that he pans out. I am also liking the idea of grabbing a guy in the draft. From the 3rd back unless Tyler Wilson or Tyler Bray are on the board with our 2nd second rounder. I think you keep drafting till you get one and even when you find one draft every other year. QBs that develop are trade bate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Devlin could be the guy. Who knows, he could be the next Tony Romo. I am not up to speed with the QB's projected to go in rounds 4+. For those of you who are not wowed by the QB crop this year, one of them will be a franchise QB. Noone thought Aaron Rogers was anything special either.
azdolfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Marino had Webb and Sims on the line, and the Marks brothers downfield. Let's address WR and OL this off-season and then I'll decide if he is the heir apparent.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should draft the best players on the board period, I think with Moore moving on (and he will) Miami has a ton of picks (which I hope we keep and trade out, we have too many needs) but if we get inot the 3rd+ rounds and their is a QB on the board if he is the best player there take him. If nothing else he takes 3rd string Pat Delvin who has looked nice in practice and pre season can be bumped to 2 and fight Tanney for the job in traing camp.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
I think we should draft the best players on the board period, I think with Moore moving on (and he will) Miami has a ton of picks (which I hope we keep and trade out, we have too many needs) but if we get inot the 3rd+ rounds and their is a QB on the board if he is the best player there take him. If nothing else he takes 3rd string Pat Delvin who has looked nice in practice and pre season can be bumped to 2 and fight Tanney for the job in traing camp.

You think? It only makes sense for Moore to move on for a starting spot. If he is going to be a backup he may as well do it in Miami. Moore is not a starter in the NFL. The teams looking for a QB are weighed down by bad contracts (Arizona). He is not going to Oakland and beat out Carson Palmer. I predict he will remain in Miami. Miami will pay him a decent backup salary. I guess I can see him going to KC but they are going to draft a young QB. He will be in the same situation all over again. I do not think that is worth him moving his family.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:

You think? It only makes sense for Moore to move on for a starting spot. If he is going to be a backup he may as well do it in Miami. Moore is not a starter in the NFL. The teams looking for a QB are weighed down by bad contracts (Arizona). He is not going to Oakland and beat out Carson Palmer. I predict he will remain in Miami. Miami will pay him a decent backup salary. I guess I can see him going to KC but they are going to draft a young QB. He will be in the same situation all over again. I do not think that is worth him moving his family.

There are several teams who can use him, I would agree with you except.

Cleveland Browns could give him the go ahead.
Jacksonville Jags they will draft a rookie but they may cut ties with Blaine or Henne and sign him not a far move.
New York Jets (dead money) but who says Dirty will start, they sign Matt Moore to a soft deal until they cut Dirty next season, he may take a deal with incentives to start.

Those are three off the top of my head, Eagles could call I know theres not a ton of teams but you cant tell these days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: