Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marinelli
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PredatorPeppers wrote:

We agree to disagree, counting double teams by tight ends and running backs as well as guards and tackle combinations, Peppers gets double teamed more than Melton.

1. Peppers
2. Tillman
3. Briggs
4. Melton
5. Jennings
6. Wootton
7. Urlacher
8. Idonije
9. Conte
10. ??
There's no agreeing to disagree here, factually speaking no player on the DL sees more double teams than Henry Melton....and for pete's sake what fn double teams do you think that Peanut and TJ are seeing? They aren't being asked to cover 2 receivers simultaneously

How old are you, really?

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
PredatorPeppers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:

We agree to disagree, counting double teams by tight ends and running backs as well as guards and tackle combinations, Peppers gets double teamed more than Melton.

1. Peppers
2. Tillman
3. Briggs
4. Melton
5. Jennings
6. Wootton
7. Urlacher
8. Idonije
9. Conte
10. ??
There's no agreeing to disagree here, factually speaking no player on the DL sees more double teams than Henry Melton....and for pete's sake what fn double teams do you think that Peanut and TJ are seeing? They aren't being asked to cover 2 receivers simultaneously

How old are you, really?

I was ranking the Bears defensive players, not by how many double teams they face, and I still believe Peppers is the engine that makes that D line tick, I know Lovie says the 3 tech is the engine, but not since Peppers has come here, although Pep does line up all over the line including as the 3 tech. Oh and I am 10 years old. Wink
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:

1. Peppers
2. Tillman
3. Briggs
4. Melton
5. Jennings
6. Wootton
7. Urlacher
8. Idonije
9. Conte
10. ??

How old are you, really?

I was ranking the Bears defensive players, not by how many double teams they face, and I still believe Peppers is the engine that makes that D line tick, I know Lovie says the 3 tech is the engine, but not since Peppers has come here, although Pep does line up all over the line including as the 3 tech. Oh and I am 10 years old. Wink
Pep saw his fewest #of snaps this year, coincidentally the Bears D was the best it has been since Pep has been here, why? Well there's a few prongs to that answer, but it starts w/ Henry Melton has turned into the premier NFC DT in the last 3 years.

Oh and I'd rank em

1. Tillman
2. Melton
3. Briggs
4. Pep
5. TJ
6. Lach
7. Roach
8. Paea
9. Wright
10. Conte
11. Wootton (Wootton could conceivably jump up the #3 this year if he becomes what I think he might)

PredatorPeppers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:

1. Peppers
2. Tillman
3. Briggs
4. Melton
5. Jennings
6. Wootton
7. Urlacher
8. Idonije
9. Conte
10. ??

How old are you, really?

Pep saw his fewest #of snaps this year, coincidentally the Bears D was the best it has been since Pep has been here, why? Well there's a few prongs to that answer, but it starts w/ Henry Melton has turned into the premier NFC DT in the last 3 years.

Oh and I'd rank em

1. Tillman
2. Melton
3. Briggs
4. Pep
5. TJ
6. Lach
7. Roach
8. Paea
9. Wright
10. Conte
11. Wootton (Wootton could conceivably jump up the #3 this year if he becomes what I think he might)

You don't think very highly of Peppers do you? Is there a way to see how many sacks Peppers teammates got while Peppers was on the field as opposed to him off it? ( On the sidelines )
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:

1. Peppers
2. Tillman
3. Briggs
4. Melton
5. Jennings
6. Wootton
7. Urlacher
8. Idonije
9. Conte
10. ??

How old are you, really?

Oh and I'd rank em

1. Tillman
2. Melton
3. Briggs
4. Pep
5. TJ
6. Lach
7. Roach
8. Paea
9. Wright
10. Conte

You don't think very highly of Peppers do you? Is there a way to see how many sacks Peppers teammates got while Peppers was on the field as opposed to him off it? ( On the sidelines )
I'd have to go chart it, and I'm kind of lazy right now (not really just have a project I'm working on w/ Alshon Jeffery).

And I think incredibly highly of Pep, I also watch him play and watch the play of the other guys. The first 3 guys on my list are this years best CB in the NFL and DPOY candidate Charles Tillman, The best pass rushing DT in the NFC Henry Melton, the best 4-3 OLB in the NFL Lance Briggs. Being listed behind those 3 guys is no slight, but its not even questionable that those 3 were much more valuable to our defense this year.

PredatorPeppers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:

1. Peppers
2. Tillman
3. Briggs
4. Melton
5. Jennings
6. Wootton
7. Urlacher
8. Idonije
9. Conte
10. ??

How old are you, really?

Oh and I'd rank em

1. Tillman
2. Melton
3. Briggs
4. Pep
5. TJ
6. Lach
7. Roach
8. Paea
9. Wright
10. Conte

I'd have to go chart it, and I'm kind of lazy right now (not really just have a project I'm working on w/ Alshon Jeffery).

And I think incredibly highly of Pep, I also watch him play and watch the play of the other guys. The first 3 guys on my list are this years best CB in the NFL and DPOY candidate Charles Tillman, The best pass rushing DT in the NFC Henry Melton, the best 4-3 OLB in the NFL Lance Briggs. Being listed behind those 3 guys is no slight, but its not even questionable that those 3 were much more valuable to our defense this year.

How would you chart it so maybe I can do it?

So would you rather have those 3 on the team over Pep for next season?

Is Melton better than Suh in your mind?

How old are you?

Cool
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:

1. Peppers
2. Tillman
3. Briggs
4. Melton
5. Jennings
6. Wootton
7. Urlacher
8. Idonije
9. Conte
10. ??

How old are you, really?

Oh and I'd rank em

1. Tillman
2. Melton
3. Briggs
4. Pep
5. TJ
6. Lach
7. Roach
8. Paea
9. Wright
10. Conte

How old are you?

Cool
Melton is a better player than Suh, he was better in 2011 and he was better again in 2012. Suh had 1/2 sack more in 3 more games than Melton. Melton has nearly double the # of pressures as Suh in the last 2 years. Melton is even better against the run than Suh is. Suh is an undisciplined freelancer who sacrifices the good of the defense to go after the QB. Melton is extremely well disciplined, plays w/ in the scheme, doesn't miss his gap and is in reality a much better athletic specimen.

If you put a gun to my head and said I head to choose 1 of those 4 to NOT be on the team next year, sadly I would have to choose Pep, I wouldn't feel good about it at all, but he's the least valuable of those 4 players.

As for charting, its not hard as long as you know what you are looking for. Basically you have to rewatch everygame w/ a pen/paper and write down what it is you want to see.

And I'm 32

PredatorPeppers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:

1. Peppers
2. Tillman
3. Briggs
4. Melton
5. Jennings
6. Wootton
7. Urlacher
8. Idonije
9. Conte
10. ??

How old are you, really?

Oh and I'd rank em

1. Tillman
2. Melton
3. Briggs
4. Pep
5. TJ
6. Lach
7. Roach
8. Paea
9. Wright
10. Conte

How old are you?

Cool
Melton is a better player than Suh, he was better in 2011 and he was better again in 2012. Suh had 1/2 sack more in 3 more games than Melton. Melton has nearly double the # of pressures as Suh in the last 2 years. Melton is even better against the run than Suh is. Suh is an undisciplined freelancer who sacrifices the good of the defense to go after the QB. Melton is extremely well disciplined, plays w/ in the scheme, doesn't miss his gap and is in reality a much better athletic specimen.

If you put a gun to my head and said I head to choose 1 of those 4 to NOT be on the team next year, sadly I would have to choose Pep, I wouldn't feel good about it at all, but he's the least valuable of those 4 players.

As for charting, its not hard as long as you know what you are looking for. Basically you have to rewatch everygame w/ a pen/paper and write down what it is you want to see.

And I'm 32

I see.. well I don't have the time for that either Supe

But you may get your wish if the Bears cut Peppers, the Bears D would take a huge step backwards though if that were to happen.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anyway the Bears cut Pep, that would be totally fool hardy, and I don't want Pep cut. I want Pep to retire a Bear in a couple years. I love Pep man, I'm just being truthful and not looking at things from a biased perspective.

PredatorPeppers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I don't see anyway the Bears cut Pep, that would be totally fool hardy, and I don't want Pep cut. I want Pep to retire a Bear in a couple years. I love Pep man, I'm just being truthful and not looking at things from a biased perspective.

You sir are on my ignore list. Smile

I respect your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

J/K man, you do know alot about football, been fun chattin bro.
Athelite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Horton just left the cardinals, if there was a prime candidate to come in here and change this defense to a 3-4 it would be him.

^Takeonme^
jspiel24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athelite wrote:
Ray Horton just left the cardinals, if there was a prime candidate to come in here and change this defense to a 3-4 it would be him.

Twitter says he is headed to Cleveland. Not a done deal yet, but likely.

Pinky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Tillman
2. Melton
3. Peppers
4. Briggs
5. Urlacher
6. Jennings
7. Wright
8. Paea
9. Wooton
10. Moore

just my 2p.
Gene

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

You sir are on my ignore list. Smile

I respect your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

J/K man, you do know alot about football, been fun chattin bro.

DH23 says some infuriatingly incorrect things sometimes but he never advocated cutting Peppers. Wink

That's actually possible given his cap number, btw...but I think we'll just find a way to convert some of his base salary into signing bonus for a restructure that gives us some wiggle room.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tillman
Jennings
Briggs
Peppers
Melton
Wright
Conte
Urlacher
Wootton
Roach

As well as Paea started playing last year him not being on this list shows just how good our D is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: