Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Name Marc Trestman Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
All I keep reading is QB guru, great with QBs, molds QBs. It sounds like all they did was hire a QB coach. Which they don't even need because Cutler is already a great QB.

News to me.

Well, I think he's a good hire. Maybe he puts it all together.

I do think he was the best choice for the job.

New rivalry with the Vikings?

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
All I keep reading is QB guru, great with QBs, molds QBs. It sounds like all they did was hire a QB coach. Which they don't even need because Cutler is already a great QB.

he was SF's offensive coordinator.

The first year he was there the 49ers led the NFL with 457 points scored, 644 pass attempts and 4,779 passing yards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

Down 48 points from the year before with almost the exact same yards. And 644 pass attempts is a bad thing.

And how did he end up as the Lions QB coach two years after being hired? Was he fired(I'm honestly asking, not assuming.)

The head coach was fired.

Same thing happened to him in Oakland.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited to see what this guy brings to the table.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His alouettes were famous for thier Late season hot streaks. Hopefully that comes in handy cause the Bears have struggled with that these couple of years.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
I'm really suprised at the amount of people make absolute statements of this being a great hire. I have no idea if he will or won't be but:

The game has changed quite a bit in the last decade, any previous experience he has was from a different era. I'm really not sure why so many people are infinitely praising hiring someone who hasn't been around for so long.

I don't care about player endorsements...at all. I bet within 10 minutes I can link at least 30 quotes from good players praising awful coaches. Since when does being liked = success??

This is a huge risk by Emery. It could work out fabulously of course, who knows? But this has just as much potential to go down in flames as it does of working. Big time gamble for Emery, especially as his first HC hire, he better hope it works.

If by the game was changed you mean it has become more of a passing league, than you need to watch some CFL games. We hardly run the ball over here.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Excited to see what this guy brings to the table.

Me too. Twisted Evil

"I believe the Childrens are the Future" - Arthur Childrens
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this hire more than Bevell for the Bears.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of the few that was interested in him becoming the Browns next HC. I am happy to see he is finally getting his chance to have a HCing gig in the NFL and I am very interested in seeing what he will bring to the table. I fear that if he doesn't have immediate success he could end up in a lot of trouble since the Bears are a team built for the now and not really for the future.
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF
Badger75

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
JMG wrote:
He has a great pedigree in the NFL and working with Jimmy Johnson and those great Miami teams speaks for itself.

Trestman worked for Bud Grant and Bill Walsh too.

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

he was SF's offensive coordinator.

The first year he was there the 49ers led the NFL with 457 points scored, 644 pass attempts and 4,779 passing yards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

Marc Trestman worked for Bud Grant, Bill Walsh and Jimmy Johnson. That is some coaching tree. Cool
Badger75

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Marc Trestman another Bud Grant or is he really Clark Shaughnessy? Cool
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word all over the interwebz is that we (Cowboys) just hired Maranelli to be our DL coach.

Very happy with that hire. I will wait for an official link to make a thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
NS922 wrote:
I know he's from the CFL but it is a professional league. If coaches are hired from college teams then you might as well get someone from Canada.

Tell that to the Chicago fans tmrw morning when they all wake up. That will go over well
The vast majority of Bears fans are fully behind this hire. Trestman has a LONG pedigree in the NFL and college. He is familiar with success and well deserves this job. If he can improve our offense to mediocrity it will be a huge step forward and probably worth two more victories.

This guy is the real deal and I could not be happier. Only a few have slight misgivings.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Almost everyone is going to be excited about the new HC that their favorite teams hire. It's just the way that it goes. With these first time NFL HC's, we really just have to see how well of a job they do before saying that it was a good/bad hire. I think with experienced HC's that get hired by a new team you can make quicker judgements. You can evaluate if the team/situation is a good fit for the coach. But with first timers, you just have to wait and see. We'll see if Trestman can do a better job than Lovie did.
All the hyped Lovie Love evaporated, as I said would be the case, and he did not get another job. My guess is Trestman will immediately improve the offense which has been a miserable failure year after year.

We are about to join the modern NFL. Emery is not going to tolerate failure either. He expects improvements in play and handling of our team. It will get plays in on time now, of that we can be certain. That alone is going to make a big difference.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
A lot of people are calling the hiring of Trestman by the Bears a bold choice. However, Trestman has 20 years of NFL coaching experience.
Yeah, it isn't even that strange. Some of us actually knew who this guy was from way back.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
We hired a HC who has always worked closely with QBs so we have a two-fer. Just as we had a two-fer with Smith.

Emery understands that we DO need a QB coach for Cutler. He succeeds on sheer talent and his fundamentals have been roundly criticized (Boomer went off on them recently) which is precisely what Marc will be working on with him.

But his calling plays is going to allow Cutler to improve his game. Now he will actually have time to change plays at the line rather than just run the play called into certain failure, or call time out. This should make for better line play as well since line adjustments can also be made.

Cutler has not played like a player worth 2 #1s and more. And much of it is because of a lack of coaching. Emery clearly sees developing him to that next level is the critical step in the Bears challenging for the SB. Most Bears fans agree with that analysis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: