Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Name Marc Trestman Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this hire. At first I didn't want him mainly because of the whole CFL stigma, but I think it was Rich Gannon's endorsement which really influenced me.

Glad he's the one and am excited to see what he can do with our offense.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
All I keep reading is QB guru, great with QBs, molds QBs. It sounds like all they did was hire a QB coach. Which they don't even need because Cutler is already a great QB.

Clearly, you need to do a little research...

I've seen his CFL record. Heard the praises from his players. Seen the list of jobs he has had. So no. I've done enough.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
All I keep reading is QB guru, great with QBs, molds QBs. It sounds like all they did was hire a QB coach. Which they don't even need because Cutler is already a great QB.

he was SF's offensive coordinator.

The first year he was there the 49ers led the NFL with 457 points scored, 644 pass attempts and 4,779 passing yards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

Down 48 points from the year before with almost the exact same yards. And 644 pass attempts is a bad thing.

And how did he end up as the Lions QB coach two years after being hired? Was he fired(I'm honestly asking, not assuming.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

he was SF's offensive coordinator.

The first year he was there the 49ers led the NFL with 457 points scored, 644 pass attempts and 4,779 passing yards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

Down 48 points from the year before with almost the exact same yards. And 644 pass attempts is a bad thing.

And how did he end up as the Lions QB coach two years after being hired? Was he fired(I'm honestly asking, not assuming.)
George Seifert took the Carolina job and Steve Mariucci replaced him. Mooch brought in his own staff.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I've seen his CFL record. Heard the praises from his players. Seen the list of jobs he has had. So no. I've done enough.

Spending 15 minutes on Wiki looking up his previous coaching jobs isn't researching... Why don't you go look at the success that continuously follows his teams as a whole, especially the offense, which in several scenarios carried the team to the AFC championship game.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness Jay has KC, that could get kinda awkward if he was still single Laughing

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Thank goodness Jay has KC, that could get kinda awkward if he was still single Laughing

Only the Bears forum gets access to that article Wink

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember his time in Oakland, the players loved him. Gannon, Rice, Brown... He's a players coach. He is a very relaxed person, very calm. He was an excellent play caller.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Spending 15 minutes on Wiki looking up his previous coaching jobs isn't researching... Why don't you go look at the success that continuously follows his teams as a whole, especially the offense, which in several scenarios carried the team to the AFC championship game.

Okay. Describe to me your research process.

And BTW I never said it was a bad hire. I just expressed skepticism where everyone else is making the absolute statements. His resume to me looks like that of a lifetime assistant.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Okay. Describe to me your research process.

And BTW I never said it was a bad hire. I just expressed skepticism where everyone else is making the absolute statements. His resume to me looks like that of a lifetime assistant.
Which is why he went to the CFL to prove he was a HC, won 2 grey cups in 5 years, and 3 grey cup games in 5 years.

Nads786

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I'm pretty sure he was referring to your comment about Cutler being a great QB...

Do some research he is barely an average QB this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I'm pretty sure he was referring to your comment about Cutler being a great QB...

I watched plenty of Cutler. There isn't any QB that would do better behind that OL.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really suprised at the amount of people make absolute statements of this being a great hire. I have no idea if he will or won't be but:

The game has changed quite a bit in the last decade, any previous experience he has was from a different era. I'm really not sure why so many people are infinitely praising hiring someone who hasn't been around for so long.

I don't care about player endorsements...at all. I bet within 10 minutes I can link at least 30 quotes from good players praising awful coaches. Since when does being liked = success??

This is a huge risk by Emery. It could work out fabulously of course, who knows? But this has just as much potential to go down in flames as it does of working. Big time gamble for Emery, especially as his first HC hire, he better hope it works.
Nads786

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I watched plenty of Cutler. There isn't any QB that would do better behind that OL.

Yet Rodgers and Big Ben have had horrible lines and don't play nearly as poorly... He's had a worse year this year than last.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Yet Rodgers and Big Ben have had horrible lines and don't play nearly as poorly... He's had a worse year this year than last.

Wow. The two best QBs in the league did it so everyone can.

Ben is basically a 6th OLineman. He can shake off tacklers better than any QB in history.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: