Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marc Trestman hired as next Bears HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raq11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
@clarencehilljr: Former Cowboys running back coach Skip Peete has accepted the same position with the #Bears.
https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr

Two former Cowboy coaches

as long as we don't do that stupid rb draw where Romo drops back and pump fakes the wr screen and everyone in the building knows he's handing it off because the rb is standing still waiting for his qb to get done looking like a fool
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Wrong routes/dropped passes = Devin Hester & Johnny Knox (and Brandon Marshall, but please talk about how Marshall is bad at anything w/ 1500 yards and 11 TDs). Devin Hester a player w/o a position in college, and 5th round pick (and only that high b/c of his timed speed) Johnny Knox. Nobody accuses 3rd round pick Earl Bennett of running the wrong route and I'll laugh if anybody questions his hands (lowest drop % in the NFL over the last 3 years).

Brandon was already a finished product when he got to the Bears. I think it's right to question Darryl Drake considering the simple mistakes we've consistently seen from the WR corps that have nothing to do with talent, like bad route running and not coming back to the ball, etc. Earl is the exception to that pretty much, but he also didn't see the field his rookie year.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Andrew Hawkins (Bengals WR) who played in the CFL under Trestman for two seasons:

Quote:
“To me, being a head coach in Canada gets you ready for an NFL head coaching job more than a college head coaching job because you’re dealing with grown men,” Hawkins said. “It’s not easy in college, but it’s easier because the players are younger, they need you, and they don’t have a choice. Grown men have a choice. What he does with Xs and Os is well documented. As far as managing grown individuals, I’ve seen that firsthand and I think that’s the part that’s going to make him a great head coach in the NFL.”

Quote:
First of all, he’s an offensive guru. Everything comes down to timing and spacing. If you’re lined up a yard outside your alignment, you’ll get coached up on it,” Hawkins said. “He’s like that with everything. Demeanor. He taught me how to carry myself as a professional.”

http://blogs.bengals.com/2013/01/16/hawkins-says-cfl-will-work-in-chicago-too-gruden-returns-from-interviews/
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs
#Bears also interviewed #Ravens special teams coach Jerry Rosburg for head job, the mystery 14th candidate.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Preacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys got a great HC. I always hoped he would come back to the silver and black. I am excited to see where Mark takes you.

Thanks JTJagg7754

There is good and evil, choose good.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarahanne trestman ‏@Sara_Hanne
The things iv been reading are so disgusting. Some people are extremely rude and disrespectful. Makes me sick
https://twitter.com/Sara_Hanne

Welcome to Chicago....the season hasnt even started yet

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
The things iv been reading are so disgusting. Some people are extremely rude and disrespectful. Makes me sick

Man, people are going way overboard with them. Yeah they're hot, but good lord it's not like we've never seen good looking women before.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Man, people are going way overboard with them. Yeah they're hot, but good lord it's not like we've never seen good looking women before.

I've seen some nasty comments about their Dad on their facebook pages lately.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
mteward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of topic, just been watching the Big Bang Theory does anyone think Leonard looks like our new HC obviously with 30 years ages difference?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mteward wrote:
Bit of topic, just been watching the Big Bang Theory does anyone think Leonard looks like our new HC obviously with 30 years ages difference?

That's a good shout lol.
mteward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew something was bugging me while I was watching it. Think it helps that the seem to wear the exact same specs Very Happy
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
n3bulous wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
n3bulous wrote:
Tebow to the Bears?

The only way Tebow makes it to Solider Field is when he realises that he can’t play QB in the NFL and is signed up by ESPN to be the next David Pollack so is there with Game Day covering a Northwestern game…that is where Tebow’s future lies.

QB guru Trestman a believer in Tebow's skills
Published: Monday, April 05, 2010

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2010/04/05/sports/doc4bb95b1d2071d221713881.txt

Uh oh. No way Trestman even considers this......right?

We have all read this…it’s old news…Trestman said what he did before Tebow was drafted…he wouldn’t be the first coach and certainly won’t be the last to speak fondly of someone he has worked with to help them along come draft day...plus I think the last 3 years will have been proof enough that Tebow isn't a viable option...even as a 3rd QB.
Tebow is the modern Bobby Douglas.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mteward wrote:
Hello Chaps, finally decided to sign up and contribute instead of just viewing this forum.

I'm really happy we went with Trestman in the end (due to reading through the 100+ pages on who we should hire) Think i'd settle on
1) Trestman
2) Sullivan
3) McCoy

So after the finalists were revealed i was completely on board with Trestman. Hopefully this will lead to a competent offence going forward Very Happy
Welcome aboard, mate.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Quote:
@vxmcclure23

There's already talk of Bears LB coach Bob Babich possibly landing in Jacksonville with new head coach Gus Bradley. Babich wants to move on.

Babich is a _______ female dog. Just another one of Lovie's cronies. Let him go.

Time to bring back Lloyd Lee LOL.

Much like Joe DeCamillis I don’t believe Mike Singletary’s interview was a coincidence…with Babich gone it would surprise me at all if he comes in as LB coach.

Doubt it but wouldn't say it's a stretch to think that. One thing that makes me think it likely wont happen is that last offseason the Bears denied the Vikings permission to interview Jon Hoke for their DC position. If the Bears request to hire Singletary for just a LB position to you think Frazier lets him out?
Before Phil Emery can even finish his sentence...yes. Let's explain some things about Mike Singletary. Mike is a smart guy, a great speaker, an incredible player, and an absolutely terrible football coach. Go back to his time with the Ravens. The players were enamored w/ Mike, but they never said one word about learning anything from him. In San Fran, of the best LB prospects of all time turned into a great MLB, surprise, yet he never really achieved greatness until after Mike was no longer his position coach. We all know the story in San Fran and the only thing he really deserves credit for there is making Vernon Davis decide that he was going to be the absolute beast he is. He goes to Minny as a LBers coach, and in the same season, one of his best friends on the planet has to fire him from that position and move somebody else into that role. Now in order to keep Mike on the payroll and not [inappropriate/removed] him off royally Frazier makes him his special asst. Mike Singletary is not the Asst HC, he's the special asst to the HC. There is no doubt that if Frazier can find somebody to take Mike off his hands, he'll let it happen in heartbeat.
Singletary's record is NOT that of a "terrible" coach by any means. Just another media jihad based on a lie.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Ray Lewis sure…but we aren’t in a position to say that about Willis or Bowman…Bowman wasn’t a 1st round once in a lifetime LB but he has developed into that…we don’t know if that is down to Bowman alone or the coach he has received...

Bowman? He was drafted in 2010 - when Singletary was already a HC. He didn't break out until last year - after Singletary was gone. Again, Singletary did such a poor job in Minny that Frazier took away his duties.

Quote:
I don't see what the McCaskey’s gain from interviewing Singletary...the Bears have never been a team who go all out to satisfy past players…look at the comments guys like Sayers or Butkus have made in the past…I just don’t buy into it simply being a favour for the McCaskey’s…Emery is just too cerebral for that IMO…maybe he was just having a look…but maybe he wasn’t…again not my first choice by a long shot but it’s a possibility.

The McCaskeys gain nothing from interviewing Singletary other than doing a favor for a friend.

Bowman had 46 tackles as a rookie...and only started 1 game...the talent was clear and it doesn't matter if Singletary was already an HC...Lovie worked with Danieal Manning & then DJ Moore one on one every day when he was an HC...Trestman will work with Jay one on one everyday...again we aren't in a position to say what we know and what we don't when it comes to individual development.

And when since were the McCaskey's friends with Mike Singletary? They haven't stuck particularly close with any former player...we heard that the McCaskey's were very close to Lovie...that didn't help him much...if the McCaskey's are smart they will leave Emery alone to do his job.
From all we have been told Mike is close to the McCaskey's and was one of their favorites. Even with that being the case he was not interviewed as a "favor" to them as you said. I never bought that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: