Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Draft (Ogletree)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: The Draft (Ogletree) Reply with quote

please sell me on Ogletree. I don't see how he is worth a first round draft pick. I personally wouldn't even take him in the second.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Bengal Era'..... we already got a 'Draft' thread started on Jan 10th.
Would you like to shut this down and re-post in the older thread....

Thanks man......
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:

Thanks man......

Eh, we don't get that many threads in here. If he wants to talk about a specific player, i think it's ok to have its own thread. So long as we don't get 150 of them.

I renamed the thread title though so it'd be less confusing/conflicting with our other draft thread.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: The Draft (Ogletree) Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
please sell me on Ogletree. I don't see how he is worth a first round draft pick. I personally wouldn't even take him in the second.

He is big and fast. His best position with us would be WLB. Many question his ability to cover as a MLB in college, but his first two years at Georgia, he played strong safety. The combine will verify his hip fluidity. He is somewhat instinctual, but could be better.
ark23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's a third rounder, so I personally wouldn't take him for the Bengals. He's a really athletic guy who is comfortable flipping his hips and dropping into coverage, even reading the QB's eyes. But he's not physical enough, and he needs to get stronger in his lower body.

He's not a sure tackler and he gets straight up taken out of plays once someone engages with him. In space he's comfortable but in traffic he's not at all.

Personally I seriously hope we get Arthur Brown. Dude is a sideline-sideline player who gets downhill quickly and is very good at reading the QB's eyes in zone as a spy. Takes good angles to the football and I love the fact he can both disengage/shed blocks and get around them with his speed and understanding of proper pursuit angles. Top five guy on my board. And he's versatile. We could play him at WLB or in the middle, maybe even on the strongside if need be - he's not a bad blitzer.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasheeme Greene would also fit the bill.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now, i like Kevin Minter and Khaseeme Green over Ogletree. Im not sure about Arthur Brown either. He's really undersized and isn't that fast. Minter is all over the ball and does a fantastic job of blitzing. Is extremely instinctual and sniffs out screens on the reg. He needs to improve in coverage a bit, but does a decent job shadowing tightend's and and taking care of his zone. He's the guy i want at 21 right now.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
As of right now, i like Kevin Minter and Khaseeme Green over Ogletree. Im not sure about Arthur Brown either. He's really undersized and isn't that fast. Minter is all over the ball and does a fantastic job of blitzing. Is extremely instinctual and sniffs out screens on the reg. He needs to improve in coverage a bit, but does a decent job shadowing tightend's and and taking care of his zone. He's the guy i want at 21 right now.

+1

Minter is my favorite by far.

I also like Kiko Alonso. He's risky, but the man balls out on the field...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:

I like this direction as long as the plan is to leave Burfict on the outside. If we took Ogletree, Burfict moves inside and Alec to WLB.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

Thanks man......

Eh, we don't get that many threads in here. If he wants to talk about a specific player, i think it's ok to have its own thread. So long as we don't get 150 of them.

I renamed the thread title though so it'd be less confusing/conflicting with our other draft thread.

Sorry guys ......

Didn't mean to tread on your toes 'BengalEra', glad to have you on board ......

Not sold on Ogletree at all as one of our top 4 picks. Minter looks a better prospect for me........
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Sorry guys ......

Didn't mean to tread on your toes 'BengalEra', glad to have you on board ......

Not a big deal. We can use the "Draft" thread to talk about general draft ideas, or if you want to throw a list of players out there. But in general it's ok start a thread about a specific player if you want to incite some more thoughtful conversation.

The problem with one draft thread for everything is that ideas and thoughts get buried in a 40 page thread. And no one wants to read through 40 pages to find someone's thoughts on Ogletree.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think obviously our LBers need a complete overhaul. If Thomas Howard can come back successfully then I wouldnt mind moving Burfict to the middle and taking a SLB like Keith Pough. I really want to upgrade our LBers and Safeties in this draft.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
I think obviously our LBers need a complete overhaul. If Thomas Howard can come back successfully then I wouldnt mind moving Burfict to the middle and taking a SLB like Keith Pough. I really want to upgrade our LBers and Safeties in this draft.

You and me both. I wouldn't be against 2 LBs and a safety in the first 3 rounds

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

You and me both. I wouldn't be against 2 LBs and a safety in the first 3 rounds

And two RBs after the fourth.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the draft thread after Georgia's bowl game

Quote:

Watching Georgia play, I like Ogletree. He would be a great fit at SLB next to Burfict in the middle. He is a great athlete and would be a great coverage LB (He used to be a safety) and is also a nice blitzer. He does have several things to work on such as he has a tendency to play too high and he seems hesitant filling holes and reacting to plays. He is a boom or bust pick but especially if we keep Zimmer, he is worth it.

Definitely not the most polished LB but like I said, I feel he is a great fit for Zimmer's D. Most of his weaknesses are due to being pretty raw at the LB position and can be fixed through good coaching and experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: