Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Forum Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Forum Games Reply with quote

Following the continued success of Bears Pick 'Em, I wanted to look into/discuss additional forum games we could play in order to expand participation in the forum. We've got a great community here on the Bears forum, and it would be cool if there were other things to do when Bears news is sparse and stale.

Would anyone be interested in participating in a free Fantasy Football weekly-redraft league (for bragging rights / a sig / an avatar)? Basically everyone fills their roster every week, players can overlap and such; kinda like the playoff challenge on NFL.com.

If anyone else has any other ideas, would participate in this, or otherwise has comments, I'd love to hear them.

Last edited by chisoxguy7 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey chisox...I wanted to explain why I edited your post above...I think the idea of forum games and contests and such are a fantastic idea, but we can't use other sites as the focus for these games...webby's site rules. If you, or anyone here, has ideas for things we can all participate in that are focused on FF then I'm all for it, and it's ok by webby to do things like that as well to keep forum participation up.

Just wanted to explain why I edited your post...

Thanks,
GRR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, it would certainly be possible to run it through Google Docs manually, as I did with Bears Pick 'Em this year, and I've got an entire offseason to formulate algorithms Smile
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving this some more thought, this wouldn't be very difficult to accomplish manually at all. I would just start a free league somewhere with matching scoring settings to what we have, all the scores would be calculated for me and all I'd have to do is some addition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: