Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chud/Turners offence the best fit for the Browns? I think so

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Chud/Turners offence the best fit for the Browns? I think so Reply with quote

With the Cowboys in the 90's and with Chargers the last decade the offence has called for:

2 Big physical receivers: Gordon and Little Check
A franchise back: T Rich plus hardesty to spell him Check
A Full back that is a nasty lead blocker: Not so much
A power run blocking OL. 4/5 of the way there RG needs help.
A Strong Armed QB: Check
A Big Play TE: Camerion..maybe?

I think the Air Coryell offence will suit Cleveland alot better than the WCO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Coryell

That and the 5-7 step drops will hopefully weed out the batted down passes...I hope.

thoughts?

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they have a great fit and dont forget about Benjamin
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Chud/Turners offence the best fit for the Browns? I thin Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
With the Cowboys in the 90's and with Chargers the last decade the offence has called for:

A power run blocking OL. 4/5 of the way there RG needs help.A Strong Armed QB: Check

That and the 5-7 step drops will hopefully weed out the batted down passes...I hope.

thoughts?

Ya think? Seems like they are all pretty good at pass protection but i'm not sure i'd call any of them power run blockers. Our line is more finesse than maulers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Chud/Turners offence the best fit for the Browns? I thin Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

A power run blocking OL. 4/5 of the way there RG needs help.A Strong Armed QB: Check

thoughts?

Ya think? Seems like they are all pretty good at pass protection but i'm not sure i'd call any of them power run blockers. Our line is more finesse than maulers.

yeah, Joe Thomas missed out on being a first team all pro this year because his running blocking wasnt very good. The Browns running behind the LT and running outside of the LT were near the bottom of the league in rushing, where on the right side running behind the RT and running to the outside of the RT were were actually the top half of the league. I cant remember what our middle rushing attack was like because i didnt look at it.

but who cares, if Joe Thomas stays as the best pass blocking LT in the league like he was this year and previous years I can live with avg run blocking. Pass blocking is a lot more important. All we need to do is improve his LG and his run blocking ability should improve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in another thread but i think this post is better suited here because its stricly about the offense. But the only way i see this offense really working is if you guys bring in a TE threat you havent had since Winslow.

and Tyler Eiffert from ND, Cleveland needs to leave this Draft with a premier Pass Catching/Blocking TE.

This coaching Staff relies heavily on 2 Dynamic Tight Ends to help in the passing and running game and to get the ball out of the QBs hands quickly. Chud worked wonders with Winslow IIRC and Cam broke records when he had not only Olsen but Shockey as a solid #2 TE. We dont need to mention how Turner worked magic for Vernon Davis, Gates and Manumaleuna.

I think you guys should go for Urtz or Williams because i think Eifert is alittle too much like Cameron as a one dimensional pass catcher. Look at Baltimore, Pittsburg and Cincy. Those franchises all have atleast one great TE because that is crucial in todays league no matter Whoever plays QB for you guys next year...

give the ravens brohm, no way they pass him, we need a quarterback that is not retarded

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: