Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is the must have in draft. A game-changing impact player
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Who is the must have in draft. A game-changing impact player Reply with quote

The Browns have a lot of unknowns this offseason; with new ownership, new coach and staff, new front office, a young roster and a sick amount of money to spend in free agency. It appears that we are close to becoming a playoff contending football team. I'm not living a pipe dream thinking we are going to get every player Banslam pursues in free agency. I do see us adding perhaps a guard and cornerback via free agency. Hopefully we get lucky and add a veteran WR. Sure, we need a FB. That can be addressed in later rounds of the draft. What I would love to see is us add a game-changing, cornerstone player on defense, regardless of position. My question is this...who do you see as that player in the upcoming draft for the Browns?
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is the must have in draft. A game-changing impact pl Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
The Browns have a lot of unknowns this offseason; with new ownership, new coach and staff, new front office, a young roster and a sick amount of money to spend in free agency. It appears that we are close to becoming a playoff contending football team. I'm not living a pipe dream thinking we are going to get every player Banslam pursues in free agency. I do see us adding perhaps a guard and cornerback via free agency. Hopefully we get lucky and add a veteran WR. Sure, we need a FB. That can be addressed in later rounds of the draft. What I would love to see is us add a game-changing, cornerstone player on defense, regardless of position. My question is this...who do you see as that player in the upcoming draft for the Browns?

Damontre Moore comes close to what you are talking about. But I am not sure there is a must have player in this draft IMO. Confused

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.. That's why I posed this question. There are so many directions the Browns can go with this pick... Perhaps a better question is what player in the draft would have the biggest Browns in 2013?
mas_atc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee Milliner from Alabama. Kid looks like a sure thing. I hate comparisons but he looks no worse than many of the top CBs to come out in recent drafts.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mas_atc wrote:
Dee Milliner from Alabama. Kid looks like a sure thing. I hate comparisons but he looks no worse than many of the top CBs to come out in recent drafts.

I'm a big fan of Milliner as well. He half-asses every so often, but playing across from and learning from Joe Haden couldn't hurt. If Damontre Moore isn't available, I'd like him or Dion Jordan at 6.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight.... You want a shutdown corner opposite Haden...instantly giving us a top 5 CB tandem in the league? Why that would let us play man to man and free up the linebackers or safeties to blitz..that just makes too much sense! I hope the new regime is on point.. This is a big offseason for have Browns.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
So let me get this straight.... You want a shutdown corner opposite Haden...instantly giving us a top 5 CB tandem in the league? Why that would let us play man to man and free up the linebackers or safeties to blitz..that just makes too much sense! I hope the new regime is on point.. This is a big offseason for have Browns.

I wouldn't call Milliner a shutdown corner, but the guy can hold his own. Ain't no sacks like coverage sacks.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont even think we need another shut down corner. Its not like he will be assigned the #1. We just need someone who is going to be very solid. I think its just a bad idea to have two shut down corners because they are both gonna want big money a la the Bengals when they went that route and lost one of them in FA

I think getting a legit LB who can get after the QB can make a 2nd rd DB (if we trade for a 2nd rd pick), 3rd rd DB, or sign a DB. I think depending on who our DC I can we bring in a DB or LB from their previous teams. Just a hunch I have

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so who is your pick then? And why!
pmk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one, this draft is really weak. The first guy off the board in 2013 would probably struggle to be a top 10 selection in 2012 or 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

I wouldn't call Milliner a shutdown corner, but the guy can hold his own. Ain't no sacks like coverage sacks.

The only problem is that coverage sacks are harder to come by with QBs being more mobile. I am not saying I would not like milliner paired with Haden (I mocked us taking him), but we desperately need to improve our LBs if we are switching to the 3-4... Well even if we don't switch we need an improvement.
mas_atc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Ok so who is your pick then? And why!

Milliner and Moore ... 1a, 1b
derekfelty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan, NFL network was saying Dion would be a good fit for the browns. Cause Moore, will be gone before we draft him. I think the Lions we're gonna Draft him.
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
Dion Jordan, NFL network was saying Dion would be a good fit for the browns. Cause Moore, will be gone before we draft him. I think the Lions we're gonna Draft him.

Gill Brandt hits way more than he misses in his mock drafts and he had Moore falling to us with Werner being the first pass rusher off the board. Plenty of factors till to come like combine and workouts but this is his first mock of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/gil-brandt/155116?campaign=Twitter_%20brandt

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
derekfelty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Draft-Tracker-Top-10-Mock-Draft/86dfac96-436a-4edf-80a2-ef75ab377682

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: