Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off-season needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/?p=9921

Looks like we retained some players on the practice squad and added a Wisconsin TE lol....

Quote:
Texans signed 5 who were on practice squads: QB Case Keenum, OT Nick Mondek, WR Jeff Maehl, DE Keith Browner and TE Jake Byrne.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Q&A between Mr. McNair and Pancakes. The answer to the last question is very interesting and maybe is tipping our hand.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/01/mcclain-qa-with-bob-mcnair/

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
A Q&A between Mr. McNair and Pancakes. The answer to the last question is very interesting and maybe is tipping our hand.

I read that article, I thought it might tip our plans as well, but it sounds to me like McNair is doing Kubiak's job for him again just like the defensive coordinator picks. Maybe we go WR high in the draft like everyone has wanted for the last 6 yrs. instead of more late round picks and UDFA, and put an emphasis on some quality O-line picks.

With the additional expected comp. picks Rick Smith needs to trade our own picks and pick up some additional 2nd rounders. This draft could really set this team up for the future.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I read that article, I thought it might tip our plans as well, but it sounds to me like McNair is doing Kubiak's job for him again just like the defensive coordinator picks. Maybe we go WR high in the draft like everyone has wanted for the last 6 yrs. instead of more late round picks and UDFA, and put an emphasis on some quality O-line picks.

With the additional expected comp. picks Rick Smith needs to trade our own picks and pick up some additional 2nd rounders. This draft could really set this team up for the future.

Ya in the Kub era we've only drafted 2 WR's a 7th rounder in David Anderson and a 3rd round pick in Jacoby Jones.......I know we've had Dre but that's effin ridiculous.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per rotoworld

Quote:
The Texans' defense ranked first in points allowed and first in yards allowed prior to ILB Brian Cushing's October 8 ACL tear in 2012, compared to 18th in scoring allowed and 13th in yards.
They plummeted from the No. 2-ranked pass defense with Cushing to No. 24 in pass defense without him. An every-down linebacker, Cushing was the centerpiece of Houston's oft-used dime defense. The Texans are confident that Cushing will be all systems go for the 2013 season.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Per rotoworld

Quote:
The Texans' defense ranked first in points allowed and first in yards allowed prior to ILB Brian Cushing's October 8 ACL tear in 2012, compared to 18th in scoring allowed and 13th in yards.
They plummeted from the No. 2-ranked pass defense with Cushing to No. 24 in pass defense without him. An every-down linebacker, Cushing was the centerpiece of Houston's oft-used dime defense. The Texans are confident that Cushing will be all systems go for the 2013 season.

Sucks seeing it in writing doesn't it.... Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: