Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Harbaugh the Greatest Coach In the History of the NFL?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Is Harbaugh the Greatest Coach In the History of the NFL? Reply with quote

Let's see - two years in the league - two NFC Championship games. No coach has done that well. AND he took over from "the worst coach in NFL history" so clearly he built that team out of NOTHING.

We are repeatedly told that Singletary is "a joke", "not a serious coaching candidate", "a lunatic", "out of his depth", "too old fashioned." yada, yada, yada

Of course, the media does not like Jim either but they can't have it both ways. Either Singletary is nothing like he is painted or Harbaugh is the greatest of all time. Which is it?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just lock this.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Just lock this.
Amen, obvious troll attempt

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the point of this thread? Singletary isn't a candidate for the Bears and was never a serious candidate in the first place.

Taking over from a bad coach and taking over with nothing to start with aren't the same thing at all. Do you imagine that Trestmen or Arians is going to be taking over with nothing to start with here? Or, if not, does that mean Lovie isn't as brain damaged as you always say?

Go back to bed old man. Obvious troll is obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
What's the point of this thread? Singletary isn't a candidate for the Bears and was never a serious candidate in the first place.

Taking over from a bad coach and taking over with nothing to start with aren't the same thing at all. Do you imagine that Trestmen or Arians is going to be taking over with nothing to start with here? Or, if not, does that mean Lovie isn't as brain damaged as you always say?

Who is being "trolled"?

Since when is pointing satirically at ironies troll behavior?

Is someone forcing people to read any of this?

Are there so many wildly popular and active threads that I dare detract from them.

Do you just enjoy the silence?
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:

Who is being "trolled"?

Are there so many wildly popular and active threads that I dare detract from them.

Silence? We just had a thread go over 100 pages for the first time ever in the Bears forum and already onto page 30 of part 2 and you want to make a case for their being no discussion?

Yes, no matter how you try and frame it you are attempting to goad people into arguments like usual.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
abdi7451

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, come on now. Al is just trying to have some laughs, that's all.

Shoutouts to Delphi on the sig!

Adopt-a-Bear: Matt Blanchard l QB l #4 l P-Squad
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:

Who is being "trolled"?

Silence? We just had a thread go over 100 pages for the first time ever in the Bears forum and already onto page 30 of part 2 and you want to make a case for their being no discussion?

Yes, no matter how you try and frame it you are attempting to goad people into arguments like usual.
Compared to Philadephia's forum we are still a near death experience. The coaching threads there have already gone into the fourth volume each as long as ours.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to see the interest but I mean, my God, I look at who is on line and it rarely exceeds a dozen.

Whatever I do I do not do it with any malice. How many times have I unloaded on anyone even those insulting me?

Like Socrates, I think stimulating discussion is good. Too many think it has to be a big fight.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Cool
I suckered you in now you are stuck.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abdi7451 wrote:
Hey, come on now. Al is just trying to have some laughs, that's all.
I was just thinking "Wow, I'll bet no one has ever come into the league and gone to the Championship game his first two years."

Then I thought of all the disdain shown here toward Mike and that either he could not have left that team in such horrible shape or Jim is one of the greatest.

It definitely was a fun juxtaposition.

Your new here so maybe you don't know that there is little or no sense of humor here. Ty excepted. Otherwise it is like a meeting of the Ladies Garden Club.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
I was just thinking "Wow, I'll bet no one has ever come into the league and gone to the Championship game his first two years."

Rex Ryan went to two AFCCG in his first two years as an HC taking over from Eric Mangini…I guess you think he was a great HC too.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Rex Ryan went to two AFCCG in his first two years as an HC taking over from Eric Mangini…I guess you think he was a great HC too.
There you go now you educated me. Thanks.

I could not off-hand think of any coach who had done that and am too lazy to look into it. It goes a long way to explaining why RR was not fired. And his QB is not good, so the owners/GM must be factoring that into the equation.

Are these the only two?
Kodiac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Seifert won the superbowl his first year and was in the NFC Champ game his second year. Then missed the playoffs the third then was in two more NFC champ games the next two years.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodiac wrote:
George Seifert won the superbowl his first year and was in the NFC Champ game his second year. Then missed the playoffs the third then was in two more NFC champ games the next two years.
Thanks. He took over a much better team than Jim or Rex did though.

So it is old hat for a 49ers coach, I guess.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: