Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agency General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3736
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
byzr wrote:
ditto with 2bigby0. our offensive line, WHEN HEALTHY, is good. they're not a running offensive line but they're a good passing offensive line. as long as the coaching staff is comfortable with the health of the offensive line i would draft for depth.
the two deep Safeties takes away the big play but we don't adjust well for it. the last couple games we did start adjusting and throwing screens and underneath passes but it was to little to late.


How can you guys say that? Our unit gave up a league high in sacks? I just think you guys are delusional.


Well, it's actually second highest if you're going to throw stats around. And again, 14 of those sacks are on Aaron Rodgers. That's also a fact.

So, consider this... Our unit gave up 37 sacks with multiple backups all season. There needs to be improvement from our QB in getting rid of the ball. A large portion of the blame needs to go to playcalling. We faced 2-High Safety's all season, and during the early portion of the season we kept running vertical routes. How long do you expect an offensive line to block people? I've stated it numerous times but on average, Rodgers had 2.7 seconds to throw the football. That's a pretty solid number considering the Packers preach to their QB's to have the ball out in 2.5 seconds.

I just think you aren't really sure what you're talking about.

Our offense stunk last year, in comparison to years prior. What is skewed in that? Aaron couldn't get the ball down field. You may say Aaron holds the ball because he's waiting for something to open up down the field.

So Aaron is the only qb that holds onto the ball too long? All I know is that I watched the Super Bowl the past two years salivating at good OL's, and ours just doesn't compare. And if you can't see the difference then you honestly just don't know good line play. Part of the problem may be coaching, blocking system, etc. Either way, until our OL gets better this team will not make the playoffs. Nothing has changed on this team offensively with the exception of the OL, and our offense wasn't nearly as dangerous this year because of it. So don't give me WR separation, qb holding the ball, play calling garbage. Nothing has changed except the personal on our line.
We won how many games this year and our offense stunk? If The QB has 2.7 seconds in the pocket, and the route doesn't develop, then it's not the OL's fault

Funny, we made the playoffs twice with THIS OL. You're looking for someone to blame, and that's understandable, but there are multiple variables. -2 pts here and there add up to -20
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 7303
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really want to start a thread for this but if TT/Russ Ball want to do something with Woodson what timeframe are we looking at? When is he due his bonus?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cooters22


Joined: 20 Mar 2010
Posts: 165
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
byzr wrote:
ditto with 2bigby0. our offensive line, WHEN HEALTHY, is good. they're not a running offensive line but they're a good passing offensive line. as long as the coaching staff is comfortable with the health of the offensive line i would draft for depth.
the two deep Safeties takes away the big play but we don't adjust well for it. the last couple games we did start adjusting and throwing screens and underneath passes but it was to little to late.


How can you guys say that? Our unit gave up a league high in sacks? I just think you guys are delusional.


Well, it's actually second highest if you're going to throw stats around. And again, 14 of those sacks are on Aaron Rodgers. That's also a fact.

So, consider this... Our unit gave up 37 sacks with multiple backups all season. There needs to be improvement from our QB in getting rid of the ball. A large portion of the blame needs to go to playcalling. We faced 2-High Safety's all season, and during the early portion of the season we kept running vertical routes. How long do you expect an offensive line to block people? I've stated it numerous times but on average, Rodgers had 2.7 seconds to throw the football. That's a pretty solid number considering the Packers preach to their QB's to have the ball out in 2.5 seconds.

I just think you aren't really sure what you're talking about.

Our offense stunk last year, in comparison to years prior. What is skewed in that? Aaron couldn't get the ball down field. You may say Aaron holds the ball because he's waiting for something to open up down the field.

So Aaron is the only qb that holds onto the ball too long? All I know is that I watched the Super Bowl the past two years salivating at good OL's, and ours just doesn't compare. And if you can't see the difference then you honestly just don't know good line play. Part of the problem may be coaching, blocking system, etc. Either way, until our OL gets better this team will not make the playoffs. Nothing has changed on this team offensively with the exception of the OL, and our offense wasn't nearly as dangerous this year because of it. So don't give me WR separation, qb holding the ball, play calling garbage. Nothing has changed except the personal on our line.
We won how many games this year and our offense stunk? If The QB has 2.7 seconds in the pocket, and the route doesn't develop, then it's not the OL's fault

Funny, we made the playoffs twice with THIS OL. You're looking for someone to blame, and that's understandable, but there are multiple variables. -2 pts here and there add up to -20


My bad, meant to say Super Bowl again!


http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7t8OHRRRBmoANElXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0MW5sZDhyBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNgRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA01TWTAxMF83NA--/SIG=149v01s43/EXP=1360301454/**http%3a//www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/01/17/look-no-further-than-the-offensive-line-for-a-poor-green-bay-packers-season/

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7t8OHRRRBmoAMklXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0bGprY2RxBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA01TWTAxMF83NA--/SIG=13r0ubmnc/EXP=1360301454/**http%3a//www.acmepackingcompany.com/2011/2/21/2005642/examining-the-2011-green-bay-packers-offensive-line

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7t8OHRRRBmoANElXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0MW5sZDhyBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNgRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA01TWTAxMF83NA--/SIG=149v01s43/EXP=1360301454/**http%3a//www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/01/17/look-no-further-than-the-offensive-line-for-a-poor-green-bay-packers-season/

Looks like I'm not the only one thinking this!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2Bigby0


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 626
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
byzr wrote:
ditto with 2bigby0. our offensive line, WHEN HEALTHY, is good. they're not a running offensive line but they're a good passing offensive line. as long as the coaching staff is comfortable with the health of the offensive line i would draft for depth.
the two deep Safeties takes away the big play but we don't adjust well for it. the last couple games we did start adjusting and throwing screens and underneath passes but it was to little to late.


How can you guys say that? Our unit gave up a league high in sacks? I just think you guys are delusional.


Well, it's actually second highest if you're going to throw stats around. And again, 14 of those sacks are on Aaron Rodgers. That's also a fact.

So, consider this... Our unit gave up 37 sacks with multiple backups all season. There needs to be improvement from our QB in getting rid of the ball. A large portion of the blame needs to go to playcalling. We faced 2-High Safety's all season, and during the early portion of the season we kept running vertical routes. How long do you expect an offensive line to block people? I've stated it numerous times but on average, Rodgers had 2.7 seconds to throw the football. That's a pretty solid number considering the Packers preach to their QB's to have the ball out in 2.5 seconds.

I just think you aren't really sure what you're talking about.


So Aaron is the only qb that holds onto the ball too long? All I know is that I watched the Super Bowl the past two years salivating at good OL's, and ours just doesn't compare. And if you can't see the difference then you honestly just don't know good line play. Part of the problem may be coaching, blocking system, etc. Either way, until our OL gets better this team will not make the playoffs. Nothing has changed on this team offensively with the exception of the OL, and our offense wasn't nearly as dangerous this year because of it. So don't give me WR separation, qb holding the ball, play calling garbage. Nothing has changed except the personal on our line.


Listen Bro Namath, you're really wrong on this. Aaron Rodgers was charged with a large number of sacks. NOT ALL 51 SACKS ARE ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE. This is something you absolutely need to account. 14 were charged to Aaron Rodgers. This is another thing you need to account for. That's a fact, not 'garbage.'

We faced two high safety all season. Go back and take a look. If you'd like, hold a stop watch and see how long Rodgers has to throw the ball. Defenses were scheming to take the big play away, yet we still tried to run plays down the field. That again, is a fact.

This O-Line made the playoffs this past year. And it will get better with the return of Bulaga. That's a fact. I will hold reservation on Sherrod, but I think his return will also add to the offensive line.

Nothing has changed on this team besides O-Line? How about the injuries sustained at both RB and WR? What about the change of offensive coordinators?

Don't give me this 'garbage' that O-Line is the reason because of our offensive struggles. It's more complicated than that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
rbens06


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 794
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Didn't really want to start a thread for this but if TT/Russ Ball want to do something with Woodson what timeframe are we looking at? When is he due his bonus?


From what I have seen his roster bonus is due the first day of training camp and then he has 16 game day bonuses. Waiting until after the draft poses no harm to the cap, just time for working out extensions with the money we save.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wgbeethree


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 3071
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
Didn't really want to start a thread for this but if TT/Russ Ball want to do something with Woodson what timeframe are we looking at? When is he due his bonus?


From what I have seen his roster bonus is due the first day of training camp and then he has 16 game day bonuses. Waiting until after the draft poses no harm to the cap, just time for working out extensions with the money we save.


From what I remember last year his bonus was due the first day of the new NFL year which happened before the draft. I would assume it's the same deal this year as well. I'm just going off memory though.

EDIT:
Here is an article saying it was due in April last year.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/137438713.html

EDIT #2:
JSOnline wrote:
So here are the facts. Woodson's 2013 base salary is $6.5 million and a roster bonus of $2.5 million comes the first day of training camp. The safety also is due a $1 million bonus through the 16-week season

_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.


Last edited by wgbeethree on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 35430
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Didn't really want to start a thread for this but if TT/Russ Ball want to do something with Woodson what timeframe are we looking at? When is he due his bonus?


Rotoworld wrote:
$2.5 million roster bonus due 7/24
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PackersGuy


Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 593
Location: Syracuse,Ny
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bigby0 wrote:
PackersGuy wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
He listed OT as our 2nd biggest need. With depth like Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse and Barclay, I wouldn't even consider it a need at all, much less a priority.


Yet Marshall Newhouse graded out as one of the worst offensive tackles in the NFL last year, and Derek Sherrod is coming back from a major injury. Our left tackle position regardless of how people want to sugarcoat it, the left tackle position is a HUGE question mark. Bryan Bulaga, when healthy, looked like a top 5 RT. Do we want to move him from there? And while our
run game improved with Don Barclay in the lineup afterBryan Bulaga went on the IR, he's still an avera
ge lineman at best. While I wouldn't grade it as a huge
need, I wouldn't write off at all. If the right offensive lineman was on the board, I'd have no qualms about taking another offensive tackle.


Marshall isn't that bad, but he's not that good either. To me, he's your 'run of the mill' average left tackle. He'd be better suited at RT. He actually graded out OK in pass blocking effiency. Amongst all the starting tackles in the NFL he ranked 19th. That's all starting tackles, not just left tackles.

I think it's VERY likely we move Bulaga to LT. I think he'll be a natural fit and he will be quite good over there.

That sets up a competition at RT between Sherrod, Newhouse, and Barclay.

I don't think LT is a very big question because we have options moving forward. We have talent on the roster. Don't forget about Andrew Datko either. It will be interesting to see his development. I just don't think tackle is a very big need at all. If anything, we need help alongside the interior in my opinion for depth purposes.



the way i look at it left tackle is a huge concern and newhouse is a below average blocker at best. the whole offensive line is. gb gave up 51 sacks!!! bro, thats terrible. and aaron rodgers was almost decapitated in seattle where he was sacked 8 times in the first half for a record and on top of that seattle finished with 11 sacks and tied a nfl record, thank god aaron is as tough as he is. gb just couldent block worth a damn last year. still there some hope with sittion and barclay and bulaga. and jeff saterday i think is done. i dont know how he made the pro bowl after getting benched in what? week 14


I think you should look at the numbers. Newhouse was amongst the top 20 starting NFL tackles in Pass Blocking Efficiency. That's pretty solid and certainly better than 'below average at best.'

Aaron Rodgers was charged with 14 of the 51 sacks this year for holding on to the ball too long. That's a very overlooked issue of our offense. Rodgers has a tendency to hang on to the ball for a little long. Also, Rodgers was amongst the tops in the league when it comes to most time to throw the ball, averaging about 2.7 seconds per pass attempt. That's pretty solid.

As for jfinley88, I agree with your statement about Sherrod being a natural LT. I'm really hoping he is the LT, however we already know Bulaga can play RT at a Pro Bowl level, and I think there is potential for him at LT. We know Bulaga can play in this league and at a high level. To me, what's the difference? RT or LT... With how teams shuffle their pass rushers to exploit matchups, it's the same. I like Bulaga at LT because I trust him. I view Sherrod essentially as a rookie. Maybe halfway through camp he shows he's a legitimate LT. I would certainly trust our coaching staff to make the right decision. But on this day, I would project Bulaga as our LT at this very moment, and that's because we haven't seen anything from Sherrod yet. Unfortunately a terrible injury took away last season from him



Hey man. I don't care about numbers. I have eyes and my eyes seen newhouse get whipped like cream. He is not the answer. The way I feel only bulaga and sitton are safe this off season I'm sure the genius GM TT will find some one. yes Rogers is have a little trouble holding on to the ball too long but the reason why I think he does that is because the line breaks down way too fast but it could also be because the receivers are not getting open but still that's just small stuff the bigger thing that concerns me is Rogers fumbleing issues
_________________
MUCHO PROPS! to my man,BlueQuickSilver for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 10088
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackersGuy wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
PackersGuy wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
He listed OT as our 2nd biggest need. With depth like Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse and Barclay, I wouldn't even consider it a need at all, much less a priority.


Yet Marshall Newhouse graded out as one of the worst offensive tackles in the NFL last year, and Derek Sherrod is coming back from a major injury. Our left tackle position regardless of how people want to sugarcoat it, the left tackle position is a HUGE question mark. Bryan Bulaga, when healthy, looked like a top 5 RT. Do we want to move him from there? And while our
run game improved with Don Barclay in the lineup afterBryan Bulaga went on the IR, he's still an avera
ge lineman at best. While I wouldn't grade it as a huge
need, I wouldn't write off at all. If the right offensive lineman was on the board, I'd have no qualms about taking another offensive tackle.


Marshall isn't that bad, but he's not that good either. To me, he's your 'run of the mill' average left tackle. He'd be better suited at RT. He actually graded out OK in pass blocking effiency. Amongst all the starting tackles in the NFL he ranked 19th. That's all starting tackles, not just left tackles.

I think it's VERY likely we move Bulaga to LT. I think he'll be a natural fit and he will be quite good over there.

That sets up a competition at RT between Sherrod, Newhouse, and Barclay.

I don't think LT is a very big question because we have options moving forward. We have talent on the roster. Don't forget about Andrew Datko either. It will be interesting to see his development. I just don't think tackle is a very big need at all. If anything, we need help alongside the interior in my opinion for depth purposes.



the way i look at it left tackle is a huge concern and newhouse is a below average blocker at best. the whole offensive line is. gb gave up 51 sacks!!! bro, thats terrible. and aaron rodgers was almost decapitated in seattle where he was sacked 8 times in the first half for a record and on top of that seattle finished with 11 sacks and tied a nfl record, thank god aaron is as tough as he is. gb just couldent block worth a damn last year. still there some hope with sittion and barclay and bulaga. and jeff saterday i think is done. i dont know how he made the pro bowl after getting benched in what? week 14


I think you should look at the numbers. Newhouse was amongst the top 20 starting NFL tackles in Pass Blocking Efficiency. That's pretty solid and certainly better than 'below average at best.'

Aaron Rodgers was charged with 14 of the 51 sacks this year for holding on to the ball too long. That's a very overlooked issue of our offense. Rodgers has a tendency to hang on to the ball for a little long. Also, Rodgers was amongst the tops in the league when it comes to most time to throw the ball, averaging about 2.7 seconds per pass attempt. That's pretty solid.

As for jfinley88, I agree with your statement about Sherrod being a natural LT. I'm really hoping he is the LT, however we already know Bulaga can play RT at a Pro Bowl level, and I think there is potential for him at LT. We know Bulaga can play in this league and at a high level. To me, what's the difference? RT or LT... With how teams shuffle their pass rushers to exploit matchups, it's the same. I like Bulaga at LT because I trust him. I view Sherrod essentially as a rookie. Maybe halfway through camp he shows he's a legitimate LT. I would certainly trust our coaching staff to make the right decision. But on this day, I would project Bulaga as our LT at this very moment, and that's because we haven't seen anything from Sherrod yet. Unfortunately a terrible injury took away last season from him



Hey man. I don't care about numbers. I have eyes and my eyes seen newhouse get whipped like cream. He is not the answer. The way I feel only bulaga and sitton are safe this off season I'm sure the genius GM TT will find some one. yes Rogers is have a little trouble holding on to the ball too long but the reason why I think he does that is because the line breaks down way too fast but it could also be because the receivers are not getting open but still that's just small stuff the bigger thing that concerns me is Rogers fumbleing issues

You just destroy your whole argument by dismissing objective numbers for your subjective opinion and assume it's better.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackersGuy


Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 593
Location: Syracuse,Ny
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
PackersGuy wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
PackersGuy wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
He listed OT as our 2nd biggest need. With depth like Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse and Barclay, I wouldn't even consider it a need at all, much less a priority.


Yet Marshall Newhouse graded out as one of the worst offensive tackles in the NFL last year, and Derek Sherrod is coming back from a major injury. Our left tackle position regardless of how people want to sugarcoat it, the left tackle position is a HUGE question mark. Bryan Bulaga, when healthy, looked like a top 5 RT. Do we want to move him from there? And while our
run game improved with Don Barclay in the lineup afterBryan Bulaga went on the IR, he's still an avera
ge lineman at best. While I wouldn't grade it as a huge
need, I wouldn't write off at all. If the right offensive lineman was on the board, I'd have no qualms about taking another offensive tackle.


Marshall isn't that bad, but he's not that good either. To me, he's your 'run of the mill' average left tackle. He'd be better suited at RT. He actually graded out OK in pass blocking effiency. Amongst all the starting tackles in the NFL he ranked 19th. That's all starting tackles, not just left tackles.

I think it's VERY likely we move Bulaga to LT. I think he'll be a natural fit and he will be quite good over there.

That sets up a competition at RT between Sherrod, Newhouse, and Barclay.

I don't think LT is a very big question because we have options moving forward. We have talent on the roster. Don't forget about Andrew Datko either. It will be interesting to see his development. I just don't think tackle is a very big need at all. If anything, we need help alongside the interior in my opinion for depth purposes.



the way i look at it left tackle is a huge concern and newhouse is a below average blocker at best. the whole offensive line is. gb gave up 51 sacks!!! bro, thats terrible. and aaron rodgers was almost decapitated in seattle where he was sacked 8 times in the first half for a record and on top of that seattle finished with 11 sacks and tied a nfl record, thank god aaron is as tough as he is. gb just couldent block worth a damn last year. still there some hope with sittion and barclay and bulaga. and jeff saterday i think is done. i dont know how he made the pro bowl after getting benched in what? week 14


I think you should look at the numbers. Newhouse was amongst the top 20 starting NFL tackles in Pass Blocking Efficiency. That's pretty solid and certainly better than 'below average at best.'

Aaron Rodgers was charged with 14 of the 51 sacks this year for holding on to the ball too long. That's a very overlooked issue of our offense. Rodgers has a tendency to hang on to the ball for a little long. Also, Rodgers was amongst the tops in the league when it comes to most time to throw the ball, averaging about 2.7 seconds per pass attempt. That's pretty solid.

As for jfinley88, I agree with your statement about Sherrod being a natural LT. I'm really hoping he is the LT, however we already know Bulaga can play RT at a Pro Bowl level, and I think there is potential for him at LT. We know Bulaga can play in this league and at a high level. To me, what's the difference? RT or LT... With how teams shuffle their pass rushers to exploit matchups, it's the same. I like Bulaga at LT because I trust him. I view Sherrod essentially as a rookie. Maybe halfway through camp he shows he's a legitimate LT. I would certainly trust our coaching staff to make the right decision. But on this day, I would project Bulaga as our LT at this very moment, and that's because we haven't seen anything from Sherrod yet. Unfortunately a terrible injury took away last season from him



Hey man. I don't care about numbers. I have eyes and my eyes seen newhouse get whipped like cream. He is not the answer. The way I feel only bulaga and sitton are safe this off season I'm sure the genius GM TT will find some one. yes Rogers is have a little trouble holding on to the ball too long but the reason why I think he does that is because the line breaks down way too fast but it could also be because the receivers are not getting open but still that's just small stuff the bigger thing that concerns me is Rogers fumbleing issues

Right there you've already destroyed your argument. The more objective #s are better than the subjective and potentially biased opinion.


i was refering to cooter22 comment on newhouse having give up 10 sacks and im very surprised he olny gave up 10.marshall newhouse is a piece of junk i dont care what anybody has to say...fight your own fights bro...
_________________
MUCHO PROPS! to my man,BlueQuickSilver for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackersGuy


Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 593
Location: Syracuse,Ny
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
PackersGuy wrote:
Hey man. I don't care about numbers. I have eyes and my eyes seen newhouse get whipped like cream. He is not the answer. The way I feel only bulaga and sitton are safe this off season I'm sure the genius GM TT will find some one. yes Rogers is have a little trouble holding on to the ball too long but the reason why I think he does that is because the line breaks down way too fast but it could also be because the receivers are not getting open but still that's just small stuff the bigger thing that concerns me is Rogers fumbleing issues

Right there you've already destroyed your argument. The more objective #s are better than the subjective and potentially biased opinion.


That too.

Newhouse isn't that bad and we have yet to see a healthy Sherrod. Don't forget - he came in during the locked out offseason and barely had any NFL coaching heading into his first season. People are down on him for not being able to step in and win a job right away........but can you really expect a player that was viewed as a project step in right away? Then in his first game action(late in the season, mind you) he broke his leg in a freak injury. People complain he missed the 2012 season but what can you expect - guy broke his leg week 15. The medical staff didn't want to jeopardize his future. Common sense.

Fact is, we broke records with Newhouse in 2011 and he played well enough this year. Barclay also played decent off the bench at RT as well.............Combine that with the fact Sherrod will be back, healthy, and hungry and you really don't need an offensive tackle.






unless Bulaga hurt his hip Bo Jackson style(which he didn't)...Laughing



if you or anybody on here hasent made a typo befor then cast thy first stone!!!!!!...just cause i spelled his name wrong dont make me less of a packers fan..some of you guys dont embrace debate around here it gets too personal and you people know who u are...ive seen you guys chase chase followers away
_________________
MUCHO PROPS! to my man,BlueQuickSilver for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2Bigby0


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 626
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i was refering to cooter22 comment on newhouse having give up 10 sacks and im very surprised he olny gave up 10.marshall newhouse is a piece of junk i dont care what anybody has to say...fight your own fights bro...


'Bro', do you have any facts to support your argument besides your eyes? What makes Marshall Newhouse a pile of junk? I'm not sure what's worse, your arguments or your grammar. Just sayin'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PackersGuy


Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 593
Location: Syracuse,Ny
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bigby0 wrote:
Quote:
i was refering to cooter22 comment on newhouse having give up 10 sacks and im very surprised he olny gave up 10enough.marshall newhouse is a piece of junk i dont care what anybody has to say...fight your own fights bro...


'Bro', do you have any facts to support your argument besides your eyes? What makes Marshall Newhouse a pile of junk? I'm not sure what's worse, your arguments or your grammar. Just sayin'.


Well exscuse me I didn't no I had to go to grammer school to post on here...

Marshall Newhouse

2011 13 starts. Allowed 11.5 sacks
2012 16 starts allowed 10.0 sacks

When he is not giving up sacks he is letting d lineman wiff by him he also 6'4 wich is below avarage just like his talent in the NFL. Enough stats for you? Is that also enough grammer?
_________________
MUCHO PROPS! to my man,BlueQuickSilver for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10485
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackersGuy wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
Quote:
i was refering to cooter22 comment on newhouse having give up 10 sacks and im very surprised he olny gave up 10enough.marshall newhouse is a piece of junk i dont care what anybody has to say...fight your own fights bro...


'Bro', do you have any facts to support your argument besides your eyes? What makes Marshall Newhouse a pile of junk? I'm not sure what's worse, your arguments or your grammar. Just sayin'.


Well exscuse me I didn't no I had to go to grammer school to post on here...

Marshall Newhouse

2011 13 starts. Allowed 11.5 sacks
2012 16 starts allowed 10.0 sacks

When he is not giving up sacks he is letting d lineman wiff by him he also 6'4 wich is below avarage just like his talent in the NFL. Enough stats for you? Is that also enough grammer?


A good chunk of those sacks credited to Newhouse are the ones actually on Rodgers
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3736
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackersGuy wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
PackersGuy wrote:
Hey man. I don't care about numbers. I have eyes and my eyes seen newhouse get whipped like cream. He is not the answer. The way I feel only bulaga and sitton are safe this off season I'm sure the genius GM TT will find some one. yes Rogers is have a little trouble holding on to the ball too long but the reason why I think he does that is because the line breaks down way too fast but it could also be because the receivers are not getting open but still that's just small stuff the bigger thing that concerns me is Rogers fumbleing issues

Right there you've already destroyed your argument. The more objective #s are better than the subjective and potentially biased opinion.


That too.

Newhouse isn't that bad and we have yet to see a healthy Sherrod. Don't forget - he came in during the locked out offseason and barely had any NFL coaching heading into his first season. People are down on him for not being able to step in and win a job right away........but can you really expect a player that was viewed as a project step in right away? Then in his first game action(late in the season, mind you) he broke his leg in a freak injury. People complain he missed the 2012 season but what can you expect - guy broke his leg week 15. The medical staff didn't want to jeopardize his future. Common sense.

Fact is, we broke records with Newhouse in 2011 and he played well enough this year. Barclay also played decent off the bench at RT as well.............Combine that with the fact Sherrod will be back, healthy, and hungry and you really don't need an offensive tackle.






unless Bulaga hurt his hip Bo Jackson style(which he didn't)...Laughing



if you or anybody on here hasent made a typo befor then cast thy first stone!!!!!!...just cause i spelled his name wrong dont make me less of a packers fan..some of you guys dont embrace debate around here it gets too personal and you people know who u are...ive seen you guys chase chase followers away
That's what they made the "EDIT" button for. If at first you don't succeed, destroy the evidence.
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 15 of 89

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group