Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

****Breaking News*** Kelly to Eagles!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm wondering if Monte is going to remain Chip's female dog or if he'll figure out how to slow his offense down finally.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
So I'm wondering if Monte is going to remain Chip's female dog or if he'll figure out how to slow his offense down finally.

Monte will destroy Chip. That offense will not have sustained success at the NFL level. They will have to find 2 QB's to run it. Foles will likely be traded, because he can't run that offense. So, if they keep Vick, who is backing him up? Tebow? OMG, I hope that happens!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Monte will destroy Chip. That offense will not have sustained success at the NFL level. They will have to find 2 QB's to run it. Foles will likely be traded, because he can't run that offense. So, if they keep Vick, who is backing him up? Tebow? OMG, I hope that happens!

Patriots employed a strong emphasis of Kelly's offense and rode it to the AFCC. Atleast 4 teams are currently running a large amount of read-option based offense and while it may get figured out and shutdown like the Wildcat, it may not. Granted not everyone can find a Russell Wilson or a RGIII but nobody really saw RW as a great threat either and look at him now.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD
Quote:
Redskins defensive backs coach Raheem Morris will interview Friday with the Cleveland Browns for their defensive coordinator job.

I hate everyone right now.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez and Cole are going at it on twitter. Laughing

Cole Beasley ‏@Bease11

Quote:
@DezBryant u better score every time cause once I get the ball u won't get it back. Lol

In Redball I Trust!
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
htfryar wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Patriots employed a strong emphasis of Kelly's offense and rode it to the AFCC. Atleast 4 teams are currently running a large amount of read-option based offense and while it may get figured out and shutdown like the Wildcat, it may not. Granted not everyone can find a Russell Wilson or a RGIII but nobody really saw RW as a great threat either and look at him now.

And don't forget Kaepernick and Newton. Then there are several QBs entering the NFL over the next two years that are mobile and can run, such as Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Johnny Manziel, etc.

And I don't think the read-option offence will be solved like the Wildcat. The Wildcat was a run-only offence and there were only two options - an inside handoff or the RB keeping the ball and running on the edge. It's easy to defend.

But in the read-option, there are several options - a handoff to the FB, a handoff to the RB, a pitch to the RB, QB keeps and runs, the QB keeps and throws, or the QB rolls out to create a run-pass option.

To stop it, defences need excellent secondary and LB play, specifically being able to cover man-to-man and with no safety help. Safeties would then drop into the box to take away lanes. But in this day and age of complex passing offences, huge WRs, and athletic TEs, it's virtually impossible to drop both safeties into the box.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAJOR NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT!

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
Quote:

@KING_in_MEMPHIS: @BryanBroaddus will Cowboys hold on to Miles Austin. Let Ogletree walk. Yes I believe they keep Austin and let KO walk

Prepare for the GTFO party in FFMD!

In Redball I Trust!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
MAJOR NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT!

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
Quote:

@KING_in_MEMPHIS: @BryanBroaddus will Cowboys hold on to Miles Austin. Let Ogletree walk. Yes I believe they keep Austin and let KO walk

Prepare for the GTFO party in FFMD!

MR. JONES, CUT DOWN THAT TREE!!!

^^^Deadpulse
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
htfryar wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

And don't forget Kaepernick and Newton. Then there are several QBs entering the NFL over the next two years that are mobile and can run, such as Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Johnny Manziel, etc.

And I don't think the read-option offence will be solved like the Wildcat. The Wildcat was a run-only offence and there were only two options - an inside handoff or the RB keeping the ball and running on the edge. It's easy to defend.

But in the read-option, there are several options - a handoff to the FB, a handoff to the RB, a pitch to the RB, QB keeps and runs, the QB keeps and throws, or the QB rolls out to create a run-pass option.

To stop it, defences need excellent secondary and LB play, specifically being able to cover man-to-man and with no safety help. Safeties would then drop into the box to take away lanes. But in this day and age of complex passing offences, huge WRs, and athletic TEs, it's virtually impossible to drop both safeties into the box.

Star it can be stopped. Ware took the wrong approach vs the Skins. How many times did we not see a blocker on Ware and he just stood there ? Ryan should have had Ware blitzing when there wasn't a blocker on him and he should have hit the qb and rb at the same time. It disrupts every thing even if he doesn't make the tackle. Even if the qb keeps the ball and runs to Ware's side he will have to loop back to get around him which allows the lb's or db's to come up and tackle him.

There seemed to be a lot of read and react in Ryans d. That was one of my main issues with his d. In the 4-3 Ware will be moving forward every play.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Jacksonville Jaguars officially have hired Gus Bradley to become the fifth head coach in franchise history.

Nice hire for Jags. Begs the question though, where has Mike Mularkey gone?

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Star it can be stopped. Ware took the wrong approach vs the Skins. How many times did we not see a blocker on Ware and he just stood there ? Ryan should have had Ware blitzing when there wasn't a blocker on him and he should have hit the qb and rb at the same time. It disrupts every thing even if he doesn't make the tackle. Even if the qb keeps the ball and runs to Ware's side he will have to loop back to get around him which allows the lb's or db's to come up and tackle him.

There seemed to be a lot of read and react in Ryans d. That was one of my main issues with his d. In the 4-3 Ware will be moving forward every play.

I'm not saying that the read-option is unstoppable. Rather, I'm saying it's not going to fall by the wayside like the Wildcat because the read-option has many more options available. And as MH pointed out, there are other ways to incorporate the read-option into an offensive game plan, which teams like NE and Green Bay have done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Quote:
Jacksonville Jaguars officially have hired Gus Bradley to become the fifth head coach in franchise history.

He better be in Valley Ranch interviewing for hte OC position

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Quote:

He better be in Valley Ranch interviewing for hte OC position

My thoughts exactly. I wonder if this is one of those situations like Lovie Smith's. He is stilled owed money so he is going to take a year off,relax and recharge.

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Sullivan ‏@SullyBaldHead

Quote:
From 1966-95, the Cowboys played in 18 conference title games. In the 17 years since, zero. To recap: 18 in 30 yrs. followed by 0 in 17 yrs.

That's both impressive the sheer amount of success we had early on and equally disparaging how little we have had as of late.

ALSO....

Quote:
Multiple media outlets are reporting that Kelly, who officially left Oregon Wednesday for the Philadelphia Eagles, is interested in Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham for the same position with the NFL club. In fact, a CSNPhilly.com report from Wednesday evening hints that Grantham is the front-runner for the job.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/17/nfl-teams-eyeing-pair-of-sec-east-defensive-coordinators/

Eagles going to the 3-4?

In Redball I Trust!
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

I'm not saying that the read-option is unstoppable. Rather, I'm saying it's not going to fall by the wayside like the Wildcat because the read-option has many more options available. And as MH pointed out, there are other ways to incorporate the read-option into an offensive game plan, which teams like NE and Green Bay have done.

The Pats don't run a read option at all in the run formation and neither does Green Bay. Green Bay uses Cobb with some misdirection short passes which is the closest thing to Kelly doing with Mariotta and Barner. The Pats put Welker in the slot and throw him short passes hoping he can break one. Technically any time you have 2 backs in to protect the qb on passing downs when he is in a shotgun formation it could be called a read option. Landry used variations with Dorsett because Dorsett was so good on draw plays with Staubach in the shotgun.

Fans think all of this stuff is new. A two back pistol set is the old wing t formation. That is what the Skins do a lot of. The Niners run it a little different. The Niners run a veer pistol. The veer offense is one of the most basic of all offenses. In the nfl though it's imperative that you have a stud rb. Lynch, Gore and Morris are studs.

EDIT : To combat the Niners version I think you will see more delayed blitz packages next season . In their offense the wr's aren't running shallow crossing patterns.

Last edited by Football Mensa on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: