Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

****Breaking News*** Kelly to Eagles!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: ****Breaking News*** Kelly to Eagles!! Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources. No announcement yet.

https://twitter.com/mortreport

Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:
#eagles HC situation is crazy. Source just told me Gus Bradley coming to Phila to finalist deal. Think eag could have coach in 24 hrs. Crazy

— Howard Eskin (@howardeskin) January 15, 2013

Not confirmed, would be a decent hire if he can get a good staff together.

Quote:
Jones’ comments were later reported to suggest he used the Seattle and Chicago games as a basis to let Ryan go after just two seasons.

“When you look at the context of my answer to that question, you’ll see that I never got into specifics about one side of the ball or the other in that response,” said Jones. “I was talking about our team’s performance as a whole in those games, where we pretty much had our full complement of starters on both sides of the ball.”

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/Jones-Explains-Statements-On-Seattle-and-Chicago-Games-/64595b52-095a-4633-abbd-af2929535a23

Quote:
With the benefit of hindsight, it's obvious a key part of this difference is a return to a 4-3. But I believe there's more to the Rob-Monte switcheroo than a front seven re-deployment. Let's look at some of the things that weren't working with Dallas' defense in 2012, and how Kiffin and his scheme might offer an improvement:

The Cowboys' best pass rushers need to be rushing the passer, not dropping into coverage: In the 3-4 system, as we all know, the primary pass rushers are the two outside linebackers. This is problematic, however, as opposing offensive coordinators can find ways to scheme players like DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer into coverage - usually by placing multiple receiving threats on one side of the formation.

In 2012, Ware played 896 snaps against passes and was asked to drop into coverage 64 times (seven percent of the time). Spencer went into coverage almost 20 percent of the time (172 out of 872 passing plays). 4-3 defensive ends, on the other hand, almost never drop into coverage (Ware was in coverage once all season from a 4-3 DE position). In other words, in a passing league in which defensive priority one must be to put pressure on a quarterback, a scheme in which the players who are most likely to do that can't be in position to do so is, frankly, suicide.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/1/14/3876134/why-cowboys-had-to-replace-rob-ryan-part-i-what-wasnt-working

From another site; second hand information from Mike Fisher:

Quote:
Said that Callahan wants to call plays but nobody has really ever asked him to. Said he's probably the leader in the clubhouse.

Said Norv was never in there plan. Said it would be too awkward.

Said the USC LB coach is coming here as LB coach. Said Eberflus would most likely join Ryan at Rams.

Said Jerome Henderson has a fantastic interview and is most likely back as secondary coach.

Said Wes Phillips is awesome and the staff loves him. He can coach QB's, Oline, etc. they really like him a lot.

Said Jimmy Robinson might be given a deal where he can retire. (Very interesting if you ask me).

Said deal on JOHN Garrett is Jerry is still ticked about not developing Bennett.

Said that they love Sparano at VR and there is a chance he chance he's back in some capacity.

expect all of these changes to be complete in the next 4 days because they want there staff complete for the Senior Bowl.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.

Last edited by Matts4313 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate to lose Jimmy Robinson, he's great for Dez and the rest of our young WR's.

I don't think it's fair to blame John Garrett for Bennett not producing here. Jerry should blame himself for taking him in the 2nd rd.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God i would hate to see Eberflus go. But I would be glad to retain Henderson.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Eagles new HC, Ryan, Rumors Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Quote:
#eagles HC situation is crazy. Source just told me Gus Bradley coming to Phila to finalist deal. Think eag could have coach in 24 hrs. Crazy

— Howard Eskin (@howardeskin) January 15, 2013

Not confirmed, would be a decent hire if he can get a good staff together.

Quote:
Jones’ comments were later reported to suggest he used the Seattle and Chicago games as a basis to let Ryan go after just two seasons.

“When you look at the context of my answer to that question, you’ll see that I never got into specifics about one side of the ball or the other in that response,” said Jones. “I was talking about our team’s performance as a whole in those games, where we pretty much had our full complement of starters on both sides of the ball.”

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatman/Jones-Explains-Statements-On-Seattle-and-Chicago-Games-/64595b52-095a-4633-abbd-af2929535a23

Quote:
With the benefit of hindsight, it's obvious a key part of this difference is a return to a 4-3. But I believe there's more to the Rob-Monte switcheroo than a front seven re-deployment. Let's look at some of the things that weren't working with Dallas' defense in 2012, and how Kiffin and his scheme might offer an improvement:

The Cowboys' best pass rushers need to be rushing the passer, not dropping into coverage: In the 3-4 system, as we all know, the primary pass rushers are the two outside linebackers. This is problematic, however, as opposing offensive coordinators can find ways to scheme players like DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer into coverage - usually by placing multiple receiving threats on one side of the formation.

In 2012, Ware played 896 snaps against passes and was asked to drop into coverage 64 times (seven percent of the time). Spencer went into coverage almost 20 percent of the time (172 out of 872 passing plays). 4-3 defensive ends, on the other hand, almost never drop into coverage (Ware was in coverage once all season from a 4-3 DE position). In other words, in a passing league in which defensive priority one must be to put pressure on a quarterback, a scheme in which the players who are most likely to do that can't be in position to do so is, frankly, suicide.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/1/14/3876134/why-cowboys-had-to-replace-rob-ryan-part-i-what-wasnt-working

From another site; second hand information from Mike Fisher:

Quote:
Said that Callahan wants to call plays but nobody has really ever asked him to. Said he's probably the leader in the clubhouse.

Said Norv was never in there plan. Said it would be too awkward.

Said the USC LB coach is coming here as LB coach. Said Eberflus would most likely join Ryan at Rams.

Said Jerome Henderson has a fantastic interview and is most likely back as secondary coach.

Said Wes Phillips is awesome and the staff loves him. He can coach QB's, Oline, etc. they really like him a lot.

Said Jimmy Robinson might be given a deal where he can retire. (Very interesting if you ask me).

Said deal on JOHN Garrett is Jerry is still ticked about not developing Bennett.

Said that they love Sparano at VR and there is a chance he chance he's back in some capacity.

expect all of these changes to be complete in the next 4 days because they want there staff complete for the Senior Bowl.

....and both sides of the ball sucked huge. The special teams play was just as bad vs Seattle and Joe D keeps his job. If Ryan was fired for sub par performance then Joe should have walked out right beside him. The oc...well him too. And on it goes.
matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no, not Robinson. The only assistant coach I give a poop about. He seems great.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Eagles new HC, Ryan, Rumors Reply with quote

You know, I was on the Robinson train for a while. But can anyone deny the sheer level of frustration over the lack of route understanding by our WR's? I can think of no position that needs as much hand-holding during the game than WR. I am not so sure if keeping Robinson is indeed a positive. This may be a Hudson Houck situation. Great coach that no longer seems able to yield results.

Football Mensa wrote:
....and both sides of the ball sucked huge. The special teams play was just as bad vs Seattle and Joe D keeps his job. If Ryan was fired for sub par performance then Joe should have walked out right beside him. The oc...well him too. And on it goes.

Given that Coach Joe has been in contention for a Head Coaching job, there was no way Dallas would fire him before other teams made their decisions. That would have been incredibly petty and crude.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Eagles new HC, Ryan, Rumors Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
You know, I was on the Robinson train for a while. But can anyone deny the sheer level of frustration over the lack of route understanding by our WR's? I can think of no position that needs as much hand-holding during the game than WR. I am not so sure if keeping Robinson is indeed a positive. This may be a Hudson Houck situation. Great coach that no longer seems able to yield results.

Football Mensa wrote:

Given that Coach Joe has been in contention for a Head Coaching job, there was no way Dallas would fire him before other teams made their decisions. That would have been incredibly petty and crude.

He was able to get the most out of Laurent Robinson and Harris really came on strong toward the end of the season, I'd really hate to lose him.

^^^Deadpulse
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Eagles new HC, Ryan, Rumors Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
He was able to get the most out of Laurent Robinson and Harris really came on strong toward the end of the season, I'd really hate to lose him.

From Dallas

Positives:
-Dez Finally Developing
-Robinson being a great #3 (Although, I think Romo deserves credit for broken play magic).
-Harris/Beasley being somewhat effective.
-Miles going from UDFA to #1 and then #2 WR.

Negatives:
After all these years, I still see Romo have to explain in-game situations what they should be doing.

Let's just say, I am open to the idea he doesn't walk on water.

In Redball I Trust!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Quote:
Chargers are nearing a deal to make Mike McCoy their head coach. Looks like it will be finalized today. More ahead @CBSSports

In Redball I Trust!
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Eagles new HC, Ryan, Rumors Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Football Mensa wrote:

Sure last year and the beginning of this year Dez was running the wrong routes and didnt know where he had to be, but its Dez---i think we can all agree he isnt very smart. Im not sure who got in Dez's head the second half of this season, but he wasnt making mistakes like that anymore.

Other guys that Robinson could receive credit for: Laurent Robinson last year, Dwayne Harris' development was incredible---many people didnt think he would make the team this year, cole beasley--not sure if he deserves much with him or not, but he did seem to improve a bit.

The second half of the season there were minimal mistakes by our wide receivers, and even when there are a coach can only do so much. Especially a position coach such as Robinson. In the end it is up to the players. I personally want Robinson to be around a couple more years and see how other receivers develop before we get rid of him.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts, I just checked Fisher's twitter. He makes no mention of any of the information presented. Where did Fisher say this? [I know you said another site - but I meant where did they get this info?]

In Redball I Trust!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Quote:

Would wager we now see Ray Horton as head coach of #Cardinals. Was believed AZ's top choice = Mike McCoy. Top fallback = Horton.

Seems like Chicago and Jacksonville are the only two left. And Chicago is in the final process. I am shocked Lovie didn't land on his feet.

In Redball I Trust!
buckwild

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts, I just checked Fisher's twitter. He makes no mention of any of the information presented. Where did Fisher say this? [I know you said another site - but I meant where did they get this info?]

He stated all this on the radio yesterday around 5:00, because i heard it also driving home from work yesterday.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, Toub is “definitely,” leaving the Bears, and is expected to take a lateral move to the Chiefs though no announcement has been made on that front.

Toub also interviewed with the Panthers for a special teams job, but is thought to be leaning toward joining Andy Reid instead. Reid gave Toub his first NFL job in Philadelphia, and the two worked together in the college ranks as well

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/15/toub-on-his-way-out-of-chicago-after-head-coach-interview/

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Eagles new HC, Ryan, Rumors Reply with quote

[quote="Texas_OutLaw7"]You know, I was on the Robinson train for a while. But can anyone deny the sheer level of frustration over the lack of route understanding by our WR's? I can think of no position that needs as much hand-holding during the game than WR. I am not so sure if keeping Robinson is indeed a positive. This may be a Hudson Houck situation. Great coach that no longer seems able to yield results.

Football Mensa wrote:

Given that Coach Joe has been in contention for a Head Coaching job, there was no way Dallas would fire him before other teams made their decisions. That would have been incredibly petty and crude.[/quote]

Wouldn't be petty at all. It's business just like with Ryan. One of Jerry's problems is loyalty. Joe should have in fact been fired immediately following the Hawks game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: