Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Mock Draft (UDFA)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stein07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Post Mock Draft (UDFA) Reply with quote

Challenge accepted? Ok for time and time we all do mock drafts, ranting and raving on who to draft and who not to draft. BUT we all know that the Cowboys always try and find gems after the draft.

My Challenge: Can anyone do a post mock draft and mock on who we should sign that isnt suppose to be drafted?

(This probably will get locked up, just bored at work trying to see if we have any critical thinkers out there)

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the guys I like:
Jordan Rodgers, QB - Vanderbilt
Aaron's Brother.

Ben Aguilar, OLB - Macmaster
Spectacular Pass-rusher.

Darryl Morris, CB - Texas St U
We always seem to add a Texas boy.

Mitchell Gale, QB - Abilene Christian
Really like this Texas QB as well.

Mike Catapano, DE - Princeton
Caraun Reid, DT - Princeton
Both high motor, intelligent football players from Redballs Alma mater.

It was based on this off-season. Of course, now it needs to change. Still, do some research on those players. I am interested by them.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15268385#15268385

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Jumal Rolle from Catawba. Call me crazy, but he can play. Freak athlete for a cornerback

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I really like Jumal Rolle from Catawba. Call me crazy, but he can play. Freak athlete for a cornerback

Please note where he plays. That "man amongst boys" crap only appears that way due to the sheer lack of athleticism of the competition. People said similar things about AOA, and he can't play football.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Please note where he plays. That "man amongst boys" crap only appears that way due to the sheer lack of athleticism of the competition. People said similar things about AOA, and he can't play football.

I am noting where he plays. I still like him a lot as an undrafted flier. I'm not saying we should spend a 4th round pick on him like we did with AOA. Nothing wrong at all with taking a chance on UDFAs

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

I am noting where he plays. I still like him a lot as an undrafted flier. I'm not saying we should spend a 4th round pick on him like we did with AOA. Nothing wrong at all with taking a chance on UDFAs

None at all, but I'm always hesitant to use the "freak athelete", "man among boys", etc nonsense when talking about a lower division school, especially a D-II school.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

None at all, but I'm always hesitant to use the "freak athelete", "man among boys", etc nonsense when talking about a lower division school, especially a D-II school.

Oh I agree with you on that. But I had the privilege of seeing him workout and train for his pro day. In terms of raw athleticism, he was very impressive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: