Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta got Steven Jackson for 4 mil a year. Damn, wish that could have been us. RB in 1st round for sure now.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
Atlanta got Steven Jackson for 4 mil a year. Damn, wish that could have been us. RB in 1st round for sure now.

That's a bit of a leap BD. Can't quite connect those dots. How 'bout, drafting a RB just took on a higher priority. Wink
The Carter situation, Dooms status, lots of unknowns yet.
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like the thought of taking a RB at 28 if we take a RB i hope we trade back

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
BroncsDominate wrote:

That's a bit of a leap BD. Can't quite connect those dots. How 'bout, drafting a RB just took on a higher priority. Wink

IDK. We bolstered the OL, WR, DL, and secondary. I feel our weakest link is now our RB (and there unability to stay healthy). I guess I shouldn't say we have to use our first rounder on a RB, but this HAS to be addressed at some point in the draft. I would be ok with moving back to take one in the second, and mabe even picking two, another one in the fourth or fifth.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
BroncsDominate wrote:

IDK. We bolstered the OL, WR, DL, and secondary. I feel our weakest link is now our RB (and there unability to stay healthy). I guess I shouldn't say we have to use our first rounder on a RB, but this HAS to be addressed at some point in the draft. I would be ok with moving back to take one in the second, and mabe even picking two, another one in the fourth or fifth.

No problem with that post bud. It was the "1st Rd for sure" comment. To bad we couldn't have gotten Jackson. I think he's still got a couple of years in the tank.

Anyway, we'll see.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this interesting. From Jeff Legwold at the Denver Post.

Jeff Legwold wrote:
Vasquez is getting one of the starting guard spots. When Kuper is ready to go, the Broncos see him as the other starter. But Kuper's return is still a question mark, so Zane Beadles figures to open the offseason workouts in the left guard spot.

So it looks like when Kuper is healthy he's the starter and Beadles is a backup. I do know that last year when we were looking at DeCastro it was planned that he would take Beadles' job. So I guess the coaches still like a healthy Kuper better than Beadles.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
eddie mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Jeff Legwold wrote:
Vasquez is getting one of the starting guard spots. When Kuper is ready to go, the Broncos see him as the other starter. But Kuper's return is still a question mark, so Zane Beadles figures to open the offseason workouts in the left guard spot.

So it looks like when Kuper is healthy he's the starter and Beadles is a backup. I do know that last year when we were looking at DeCastro it was planned that he would take Beadles' job. So I guess the coaches still like a healthy Kuper better than Beadles.

You then have to wonder how Zane Beadles made the pro-bowl this year. Are the other OG's that bad in the AFC or are ours that good?

Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.
Elstonsky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Jeff Legwold wrote:

Interesting. Vasquez has always played the RG spot, right? Maybe Denver expects Beadles to get a big contract next year after his solid last season & pro-bowl stand-in and this is a preemptive move to replace him? I guess I don't understand this bc I thought Beadles was awesome last year- though admittedly I'm no judge of OL talent, but he did look awesome when pulling outside as a run blocker...
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie mac wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Jeff Legwold wrote:

You then have to wonder how Zane Beadles made the pro-bowl this year. Are the other OG's that bad in the AFC or are ours that good?

No. Jeff Legwold is just wrong, again. Beadles will start. Kuper likely will never play again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we keep Kuper and cut Beadles it is just a dumb move. Even if people don't see Beadles as a Pro-Bowler, he is still a solid starting Guard in this league. Cutting him and keeping a guy who costs 5X more money and is older with injury problems would be moronic.

jonnyj20 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Really doubt Alex Smith would get KC to 2nd place.

Alex Smith + Andy Reid + better health = KC 2nd in our division.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
If we keep Kuper and cut Beadles it is just a dumb move. Even if people don't see Beadles as a Pro-Bowler, he is still a solid starting Guard in this league. Cutting him and keeping a guy who costs 5X more money and is older with injury problems would be moronic.

This.

And as for Dumervil being gone, if he stays that way and we don't get someone like Bjoern Werner, I question the FO's intelligence. Unless we trade for someone. Now it obviously doesn't HAVE to be Werner, just someone who would be a solid all around Weakside Defensive End. Him or Damontre Moore. Someone.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about pro bowls. I have been a Zane Beadles supporter, but he isn't anything special at the position. Previously, i thought he was underrated, but now it seems he is getting overrated.

Anyway, i still don't like this talk with Kuper. I thought Beadles was a better player this year and there were games where i thought Kuper was downright terrible. He isn't the same Kuper from 3 or 4 years ago and even then, i thought he was only an above average OG.

Vasquez is definitely the superior player along the interior and i don't mind having Beadles/Kuper battle each other for the other starting job.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I don't care about pro bowls. I have been a Zane Beadles supporter, but he isn't anything special at the position. Previously, i thought he was underrated, but now it seems he is getting overrated.

Anyway, i still don't like this talk with Kuper. I thought Beadles was a better player this year and there were games where i thought Kuper was downright terrible. He isn't the same Kuper from 3 or 4 years ago and even then, i thought he was only an above average OG.

Vasquez is definitely the superior player along the interior and i don't mind having Beadles/Kuper battle each other for the other starting job.

I think Beadles only gets overrated when people bring up Pro Bowl to defend him. Other than that, he was far and away a better player than Kuper was the last 2 years.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting versatile D lineman Michael Bennett at 5 million per one year was awesome value for Seattle. The SeaHawks are loaded and will San Fran a run for their money.
peytonisawesome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

I think Beadles only gets overrated when people bring up Pro Bowl to defend him. Other than that, he was far and away a better player than Kuper was the last 2 years.

hasn't Kuper had injury troubles last couple of years? Solid guard and my depth chart would be Vasquez- Kuper- Beadles when fit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51

Jump to: