Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for a FA wideout, I don't see it happening with all the depth at that position in the draft.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
As for a FA wideout, I don't see it happening with all the depth at that position in the draft.

Disagree. Realistically, we're screwed if Decker/Thomas get hurt. The depth behind them is abysmal and the more weapons the better. If we can sign a valuable FA + a good draft pick, we're set.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I think Chris Ivory would be awesome. He is set to breakout, if given the chance to take on more of the load. I think Ivory could start, with McGahee giving him a spell, and Hillman offering the change of pace.

I like it, do it!

Me too. I believe Ivory can flourish in this offense.

I am with you on that bandwagon. I am also going to predict that his impact, if he signs elsewhere and with a team where he'd be at least their number 2 RB on the depth chart, will be similar to that of Turner back in 2008.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
mke1010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22717357/denver-broncos-offseason-needs-cb-dt-rb-ol

Defensive tackle

The Broncos hope to re-sign starter Kevin Vickerson, who will be eligible for free agency. The other starter, Justin Bannan, will be allowed to test the market.

This is what I said from day one at the end of the season. It would be foolish for the Broncos to let Vickerson walk and focus on Bannan who is nearly done. Vickerson will get a pay raise but not so much that it is a detriment to bringing him back,
The more I think of it, it is clear Denver will draft a corner back in the 1st round and go after a DT in the 2nd round after resigning Big Vick.

The idea we would go after Revis and blow quarter back money on him has always been a pipe dream and folks like AAA peddling that garbage should know better. Denver is not going after Revis. Doesn't make any sense and goes against the blue print put in place by Elway.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22717357/denver-broncos-offseason-needs-cb-dt-rb-ol

Defensive tackle

The Broncos hope to re-sign starter Kevin Vickerson, who will be eligible for free agency. The other starter, Justin Bannan, will be allowed to test the market.

This is what I said from day one at the end of the season. It would be foolish for the Broncos to let Vickerson walk and focus on Bannan who is nearly done. Vickerson will get a pay raise but not so much that it is a detriment to bringing him back,
The more I think of it, it is clear Denver will draft a corner back in the 1st round and go after a DT in the 2nd round after resigning Big Vick.

The idea we would go after Revis and blow quarter back money on him has always been a pipe dream and folks like AAA peddling that garbage should know better. Denver is not going after Revis. Doesn't make any sense and goes against the blue print put in place by Elway.

Saw this article too. Found it especially interesting that it was posited that we may draft CB back to back. I think that's incredibly foolish.

Thanks, Tzimisce
mke1010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think we are drafting a corner back to back. But I do think we will draft one certainly in round one or two. And I know almost to a certainty we will not be going after Revis.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Disagree. Realistically, we're screwed if Decker/Thomas get hurt. The depth behind them is abysmal and the more weapons the better. If we can sign a valuable FA + a good draft pick, we're set.

Well look how good Caldwell, one of our big name FAs last year worked out for us. Granted we do need to replace him and Matt Willis, but I can see either Greg Orton or Gerrard Robinson taking one of those spots. I still see us selecting a WR in rd 2-4 this year.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Well look how good Caldwell, one of our big name FAs last year worked out for us. Granted we do need to replace him and Matt Willis, but I can see either Greg Orton or Gerrard Robinson taking one of those spots. I still see us selecting a WR in rd 2-4 this year.

Caldwell was in no way a big name free agent. He was a dirt cheap signing weeks into free agency who was expected to be a depth WR. Greg Orton and Gerell Robinson have prove nothing and shouldn't be relied upon, or else we have a bunch of Matt Willis clones.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we forget that Willis is big time on special teams. Which was an area of weakness for the Broncos for a long time. I think you keep him around for that and try to develop him into a better WR.
Epic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about if we pickup Brandon Gibson? He's a playmaker and shouldn't require a ton of money.

I also would like to see us draft Robert Woods in the 3rd round (if he lasts that long).
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I think we forget that Willis is big time on special teams. Which was an area of weakness for the Broncos for a long time. I think you keep him around for that and try to develop him into a better WR.

That's a risk because Willis is such a terrible WR that keeping him for ST purposes takes away a roster spot, especially the 46-man game day roster, that could be filled by a better player. We already use one WR roster spot for a ST player - Trindon Holliday - so using two can become a risk if the fourth cannot contribute as a WR.

I think the better option is getting a WR who can play and then developing him into a better ST player.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
I dont think we are drafting a corner back to back. But I do think we will draft one certainly in round one or two. And I know almost to a certainty we will not be going after Revis.

Wouldnt shock me one bit if we did. No greater impact than Revis with the 28th pick. We have the cap space, right environment, and desire for playmakers on defense. We also have Elway, who seems to get what he wants when it comes to FA's. we're actually one of the few teams that are capable of giving Revis what he wants. Im not saying we're favorites, but its certainly a real option that I'm sure Elway is looking into, and anyone pointing out the fit is not "peddling garbage."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel to the fire of why I just can't see cornerback being the pick in the first. No first round rookie will beat out Chris Harris, who, according to pro football focus has emerged as one of the top corners in the entire league. As I've said, Harris needs to be on the field more than just for slot duty.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/19/pro-bowl-roster-2012-afc/2/

I know a replacement needs to be groomed for Champ, but you dont find the guy to groom in the first round. The playoff game was an outlier for Champ, his previous 16 he was outstanding. Elway and Fox want instant impact at 28, the only corner who can be had w the 28th pick and can start over Harris or Champ is Darrelle Revis.

Thats my argument for why we will not draft a corner in the 1st (unless pick is traded for Revis).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Fuel to the fire of why I just can't see cornerback being the pick in the first. No first round rookie will beat out Chris Harris, who, according to pro football focus has emerged as one of the top corners in the entire league. As I've said, Harris needs to be on the field more than just for slot duty.

I know a replacement needs to be groomed for Champ, but you dont find the guy to groom in the first round. The playoff game was an outlier for Champ, his previous 16 he was outstanding. Elway and Fox want instant impact at 28, the only corner who can be had w the 28th pick and can start over Harris or Champ is Darrelle Revis.

Thats my argument for why we will not draft a corner in the 1st (unless pick is traded for Revis).

This is my argument against it. Say we play 60% of snaps in nickel. We know that Harris can play at a high level inside and outside, so when we don't need him at nickel, he slides outside, and when we do, he slides inside and the rook plays outside.

Harris never leaves the field. It works.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

This is my argument against it. Say we play 60% of snaps in nickel. We know that Harris can play at a high level inside and outside, so when we don't need him at nickel, he slides outside, and when we do, he slides inside and the rook plays outside.

Harris never leaves the field. It works.

Elways and Fox want more impact than 65% of plays out of their first pick though. Von and Wolfe both played all situations their rookie years. I'd think Elway and Fox are shooting for similar production and usage. Why I see a pick along one of the lines as most likely with the 28th, corner probably prioritized as a round 2 or 3 need.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 25 of 51

Jump to: