Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrell Bevell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapaport just said Bevell is in Arizona today for an interview. He's a Scottsdale native
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
While many may argue that Brad Childress was a terrible coach (and I don't know if I'd necessarily disagree), there is absolutely no question that Childress has an eye for talent. In the unlikely event that Bevell would get hired as the Bears' head coach, that would be all of Childress' coordinators being HCs at the same time.

Childress did have an eye for talent.

He honestly should go for a G.M job. I bet he'd actually be good at it, and I doubt he'd outsmart himself like he did has a coach.

I dont know about that, if he had an eye for talent, this team's roster wouldnt be nearly as depleted as it was in 2010 to 2011. He could hit a first round pick and 4th rd DE with ease, everything after that was mostly abysmal.

at the same time, he never had full say of who to draft.

We had that...Triangle of Authority thing going on during his time, which didn't work very well at all.

Right, so if he was never given full authority, how can one make the claim that he has an eye for talent.

can you for sure say he doesn't though?

You bring up a valid point, but to dismiss any sort of evaluation he has done on players is silly.

Yeah, he didn't have full control, so he didn't have final say on the guys that he might have wanted to bring in. That doesn't mean he has no "eye for talent", it just means he had to work with others and decide who they also wanted to take in the draft, or free agency, or whatever.

But, I highly doubt Minnesota would bring him in for that, or more importantly, that Chicago would bring him in to work with Emery or Trestman as a talent evaluator.

*LOL, wrong thread.

Umm, good luck Bevell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: