Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrell Bevell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He really doesn't strike me as a good Head Coaching candidate, but at the same time, he was an awful coordinator too.

He's just a bland playcaller. He calls plays STRAIGHT into the defense, and makes little to no adjustments at all during the game. He's a "fit a square peg in a round hole" kind of guy unfortunately. His decision making is a joke.

He'd set back the Bears for years. I just think he'd be totally overwhelmed as a Head Coach.

If the Bears are smart, they stay far away from him. Darrell Bevell would not be my #1 guy at all in this race.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
He really doesn't strike me as a good Head Coaching candidate, but at the same time, he was an awful coordinator too.

He's just a bland playcaller. He calls plays STRAIGHT into the defense, and makes little to no adjustments at all during the game. He's a "fit a square peg in a round hole" kind of guy unfortunately. His decision making is a joke.

He'd set back the Bears for years. I just think he'd be totally overwhelmed as a Head Coach.

If the Bears are smart, they stay far away from him. Darrell Bevell would not be my #1 guy at all in this race.

This. And I would add to it that I don't think him and Cutler will get along at all. They just don't seem like they could work together because we know Bevell as someone who got pushed around, and Cutler is a guy who will start whining when he doesn't get his way. The same problem with Marshall as well.

I will add that I would love to see the Bears hire him though. Could set them back a bit. Laughing
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bevell has the same KAO that he inherited from Childress. In fact, looking at the Seahawks in the Play-offs, I'm convinced the Bevell had alot more to say regarding our offense than Childress.

He's the typical coach without much of a game-plan and with the extremely stupid tendency to outsmart himself.

Against Atlanta, they had 3rd and 1. Everybody in the house but Bevell seemed to know that, no matter what, they will try this 2 times. You know, he has someone called 'the beast' on his roster. He does not use him in either of the tries. Later, close to the end zone: same thing. You don't use your best player.
Same game, 11 seconds left. Stupid Atlanta, leading by 2 points, does the incredible stupid thing of an on-side kick, giving the hawks great field position. Instead of going for a pass play for 15-20 yards to try a field goal, he goes for a pass play for 5-10 yards to improve his chances on a hail mary. Never mind that the hailmary would be possible from the initial position. That's just stupid. I'm convince Wilson would have found a way for the 15-20 yards needed and Longwell would have given them the victory.

That's called playing smarter than you are. It's not so much that play fail on a regular basis, it's because he simply calls the wrong plays as he doesn't understand the situation.

All the good plays of the Seahawks offense come after the called play breaks down and Wilson starts improvising.

As a Viking fan, I would be excited to have Bevell in CHI HC.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit*

any chance Bill Musgrave gets promoted to a Head Coach someday? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read, several Bears candidates have said Phil Emery was one of the most prepared men for an interview they've ever experienced. My guess is, because of that mindsight, Phil is likely going over all the potential candidates in the NFL. It said he had something like 13 candidates in mind, I see it more of being thorough in the process then anything else. If your looking to conduct a wide net and be thorough and deliberate in your coaching search, well you at least have to interview the offensive coordinator of the team with a top offense led by a rookie QB. It is likely that Bevell likely didn't have a great interview as Emery likely deduced that Bevell was the coordinator the year prior as well in a less successful offense, deeming the change in play more the result of Russell Wilson then Bevell's excellent coaching.

I'd be shocked if Bevell got the job, especially when failing this simple litmus test. Is Bevell a better coach then the man shown the door?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While many may argue that Brad Childress was a terrible coach (and I don't know if I'd necessarily disagree), there is absolutely no question that Childress has an eye for talent. In the unlikely event that Bevell would get hired as the Bears' head coach, that would be all of Childress' coordinators being HCs at the same time.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
tdub

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
While many may argue that Brad Childress was a terrible coach (and I don't know if I'd necessarily disagree), there is absolutely no question that Childress has an eye for talent. In the unlikely event that Bevell would get hired as the Bears' head coach, that would be all of Childress' coordinators being HCs at the same time.

I'd agree, our record improving every year peaking in 09 was a result of that eye in coalition with the front office. That would be rather ironic if all of Childress' coordinators were HCs, but not him. I like Frazier, but wouldn't have minded if somehow Tomlin could have got the Vikes job instead of Childress blocking it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:

Childress did have an eye for talent.

He honestly should go for a G.M job. I bet he'd actually be good at it, and I doubt he'd outsmart himself like he did has a coach.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
disaacs wrote:

He honestly should go for a G.M job. I bet he'd actually be good at it, and I doubt he'd outsmart himself like he did has a coach.

I dont know about that, if he had an eye for talent, this team's roster wouldnt be nearly as depleted as it was in 2010 to 2011. He could hit a first round pick and 4th rd DE with ease, everything after that was mostly abysmal.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
disaacs wrote:

I dont know about that, if he had an eye for talent, this team's roster wouldnt be nearly as depleted as it was in 2010 to 2011. He could hit a first round pick and 4th rd DE with ease, everything after that was mostly abysmal.

at the same time, he never had full say of who to draft.

We had that...Triangle of Authority thing going on during his time, which didn't work very well at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
disaacs wrote:

at the same time, he never had full say of who to draft.

We had that...Triangle of Authority thing going on during his time, which didn't work very well at all.

Right, so if he was never given full authority, how can one make the claim that he has an eye for talent.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reports hint that the final decision for the Bears was between Trestman and Arians.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
reports hint that the final decision for the Bears was between Trestman and Arians.

Which is the way it should have been, as Bevell is not ready yet.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Which is the way it should have been, as Bevell is not ready yet.

and now it appears Arians may interview in AZ.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Thanatos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

I really wanted the Bears to make Bevell head coach. That would have been 2 winnable games next season. The Bears are already a winnable game, I just would have liked to increase the odds that they would suck next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: