Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joe Robbie Sta...uh Pro-Player sta...I mean Sun Life Stadium
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Joe Robbie Sta...uh Pro-Player sta...I mean Sun Life Stadium Reply with quote

It look like Ross is being his Horrible self and try to improve the stadium.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/01/the-possibilities-for-a-modernized-sun-life.html

What a Jack ---! Wink

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of anyone attacking Ross for his business acumen, but rather for his football IQ. This falls squarely in the business acumen category.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I've never heard of anyone attacking Ross for his business acumen, but rather for his football IQ. This falls squarely in the business acumen category.

The guy is attacked for just being the owner....all aspects and I'm sure some will complain about this move. It's just the mentality of sports fans in general....grass is always greener etc....etc....

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

The guy is attacked for just being the owner....all aspects and I'm sure some will complain about this move. It's just the mentality of sports fans in general....grass is always greener etc....etc....

I disagree. I believe the fans of our team have legitimate complaints, largely. I believe there have been some really poor decisions made by management for some time. Ross has done nothing to earn the respect of the fans, from what I've seen, and he has done some things that clearly SHOULD have us scratching our heads. In fact, by his own admission, he was in over his head initially. He claims to be adjusted now and ready to contribute to the football side of things. I believe we have plenty of reason to be skeptical. When he does something that tells me otherwise, I am happy to change my opinion about him.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

I disagree. I believe the fans of our team have legitimate complaints, largely. I believe there have been some really poor decisions made by management for some time. Ross has done nothing to earn the respect of the fans, from what I've seen, and he has done some things that clearly SHOULD have us scratching our heads. In fact, by his own admission, he was in over his head initially. He claims to be adjusted now and ready to contribute to the football side of things. I believe we have plenty of reason to be skeptical. When he does something that tells me otherwise, I am happy to change my opinion about him.

You act as if this is a recent trend....The Dolphins have been mismanaged since the 80's. How do you not win a Super Bowl with that QB and WR combination? How many year did this team miss on draft picks....John Avery, Yantil Green, Billy Milner, No legitimate defense or run game for Marino. Hell this team only had one first round pick from 99 to 2003 (again this is more GM issues). This has been a franchise that rode the Marino/Shula train as far as it could with very little effort or attention to much else. At least in Ross I see a guy who is interested in improving the Dolphins...he's made mistakes, but I love the effort.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Robbie Sta...uh Pro-Player sta...I mean Sun Life Sta Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/01/the-possibilities-for-a-modernized-sun-life.html

What a Jack ---! Wink
Oh please, don't compare this activity (which I wholeheartedly endorse BTW) to Ross meeting with Harbaugh while Sparano was still our head coach, Ross "working" in the draft room next to Philbin and Ireland, trotting out Philbin to meet with Peyton, trotting our Ireland to take the fall for Hard Knocks, etc, etc...

If Ross keeps his involvement at this level I will sing his praises from the rooftops of the world. Now as far as these improvements go, it looks really cool to me. It would go a LONG way to making the game day experience more tolerable for the fans in the stadium. This is excellent! I hope he can pull this off.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the look and new ideas and especially the canopy over the stands to make it more enjoyable for the fans to watch the game. I flew to a game 2 years ago and not being used to that weather man was it uncomfortable for me it was a hot day.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these plans. I have never had a chance to go to a Miami game but I bet the canopy is going to be nice with the weather. The fact that Ross is going to put in most of his money is great. I also liked that if things get done he is set to make a commitment to keep the Dolphins in South Beach for the next 25 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Robbie Sta...uh Pro-Player sta...I mean Sun Life Sta Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

What a Jack ---! Wink
Oh please, don't compare this activity (which I wholeheartedly endorse BTW) to Ross meeting with Harbaugh while Sparano was still our head coach, Ross "working" in the draft room next to Philbin and Ireland, trotting out Philbin to meet with Peyton, trotting our Ireland to take the fall for Hard Knocks, etc, etc...

If Ross keeps his involvement at this level I will sing his praises from the rooftops of the world. Now as far as these improvements go, it looks really cool to me. It would go a LONG way to making the game day experience more tolerable for the fans in the stadium. This is excellent! I hope he can pull this off.

So many people have go after him for bringing celebs as minority owners, or trying to turn the team into the NFL version of the Lakers....all business moves...

He's a new owner and heavily invested (owning the team and stadium) so yes when a top coach became available...why not try to court him, was it in poor taste? Yes, but lets be honest Sparano was/is a poor coach (fired twice in one year) and Ross, being a businessman was trying to improve his company....even if it seemed....shady.

What I do like is that Ross is putting in the effort. His desire is in the right place (make the team better and more marketable) and as with any new business owner he's going to have his questionable moves, but he is trying.

Listen, I personally don't care what people think of Ross....it is a slow time for Dolphin news and Dolphin discussion. FA is several months away and the draft even farther....gots to have something to discuss. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are we attacking him for wanting to bring fans in the stands?

My father in law told me the orange bowl was so much better because the seats were so close to the field. He said this stadium sucked because of that. I like what ross is trying to do.

Besides, Ross is trying to have plenty of seats for the fans that show up when we become a dynasty Wink

UniversalAuthor
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the way the Upgrades look and I have No Doubt they would improve the Stadium.....However I can't agree with EVER having tax dollars go towards an NFL Stadium......it just flat out disgusts me. It's just ridiculous in this day and age that a tax increase is even an option to improve an Entertainment Venue.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
I love the way the Upgrades look and I have No Doubt they would improve the Stadium.....However I can't agree with EVER having tax dollars go towards an NFL Stadium......it just flat out disgusts me. It's just ridiculous in this day and age that a tax increase is even an option to improve an Entertainment Venue.

At least that money goes back to the community. Just saying I'll leave it at that due to sight rules

UniversalAuthor
green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

At least that money goes back to the community. Just saying I'll leave it at that due to sight rules

I can't agree that any money goes back to the community. Perhaps money goes back to Hotels and Restaraunts for an 8 measly home games a year, but I don't buy into that upgrading Stadiums helps Community / Area Economy......I do buy into the Politicians giving favors to interest groups, like wealthy and powerful NFL Owners.....simple quid pro quo IMO.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

I can't agree that any money goes back to the community. Perhaps money goes back to Hotels and Restaraunts for an 8 measly home games a year, but I don't buy into that upgrading Stadiums helps Community / Area Economy......I do buy into the Politicians giving favors to interest groups, like wealthy and powerful NFL Owners.....simple quid pro quo IMO.

With the upgrades and the events that they want to bring it can help build the community and economy their in Miami. The more big events come the more people come in and buy from local vendors. I would have agreed with you until here locally we raised the tax to help our arena and we have gotten more events and they have put more into the area

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

With the upgrades and the events that they want to bring it can help build the community and economy their in Miami. The more big events come the more people come in and buy from local vendors. I would have agreed with you until here locally we raised the tax to help our arena and we have gotten more events and they have put more into the area

So they raised taxes on something locally, and as a resident of the area you paid more, and after you helped the Arena......How much money did you get back?

Some Vendors, Restaraunts, and Hotels may have a boost for 10-15 weekends, and then how much of that boost was due to the stadium improvements........Besides, these days most of these type of businesses are Corporates, not like Mom and Pops Diner is raking in the bucks on the home games and then distributing that money throughout the Community.

I'm not a very liberal person, but after several combat tours and 21 years of service........I ain't drinking the Kool Aide anymore. Believe what you want, but I know BS when I see it.

Last edited by green4gulf on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: