Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My 2013 Mock Off-season 2.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: My 2013 Mock Off-season 2.0 Reply with quote

Free Agency
Additions:
Danny Amendola

Resigns:
Dashon Goldson S
Tramaine Brock CB

Cuts/Let Go:
Isaac Sopoaga
Ricky Jean Francois
Delanie Walker
Ted Ginn Jr
Larry Grant
Leonard Davis
Donte Whitner

#31 Johnathan Cyprien S FIU

Cyprien made a name for himself senior bowl week with his athleticism in coverage and his willingness to stick his nose in their for run support.

Comparison- Roman Harper

#63 Brandon Williams NT Missouri Southern

Brandon Williams moves incredibly well for a man of 340 lbs. All week during senior bowl he was pushing guards backwards and into the QBs' laps.

Comparison- BJ Raji

#75 Cornelius "Tank" Carradine DE Florida st

A torn ACL is the only thing keeping Carradine out of the first round. The raw and athletic D-lineman has the same length and explosive power that makes Aldon such a great pass rusher.

Comparison- Aldon Smith

#95 Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma st

Randle has everything you look for in a feature back: speed, power, vision, and good hands out of the backfield. On the negative side, he's a little tall and needs to learn to run behind his pads better.

Comparison- Darren McFadden

#127 Chris Harper WR/TE Kansas st

Harper's a big bodied wide receiver in the mold of our own Delanie Walker. He might struggle with separation at the next level, but not if we match him up with LBers and Safeties as a smaller, quicker TE.

Comparison- Niles Paul

4th Round Comp pick Sanders Commings CB Georgia

Commings played both ways for the bulldogs, never quite settling in at one position. He's got the athleticism to be an elite cover corner though.

Comparison- Chris Gamble

#152 Chris Jones DT/DE Bowling Green

A passrushing menace in the MAC, Chris Jones drops because of worries about his size. This kid's got a nonstop motor and if he can beef up a little more, might just be our replacement for Justin.

Comparison- John Randle

#159 Marquess Wilson WR Washington st

Wilson was widely regarded as a possible future first round pick after his impressive sophmore campaign. Unfortunately for him he quit the team his junior year citing abuse by the coaching staff. He could be a sleeper pick if he shows the talent from his first two years.

Comparison- Sidney Rice

#172 Nick Kasa TE Colorado

Another two way player, Kasa made the switch from DE to TE, and has the body to be an excellent blocking TE at the next level.

Comparison- Taylor Thompson

#191 Manase Foketi OL West Texas A&M

Foketi's a big time talent from a small school. The 330 lber moved well enough to play LT for his former school Kansas st, but might be better served moving inside to guard at the next level.

Comparison- Carl Nicks

#213 Zach Brown K Portland st

Brown went 24-27 for FGs last year and broke school records every year he kicked at Portland st. His coach was so confident in Brown's ability he let him attempt a 65 harder which went straight enough, but landed just a few yards short.

Comparison- Greg Zuerlein

Feedback welcome.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21

Last edited by Kikuchiyo on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:06 pm; edited 7 times in total
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Mock Draft Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:

Thoughts? Criticisms?

Your first pick is... interesting. I can't say I see it.. but I wouldn't sit here and suggest it is an impossibility. Me? I don't think Kruger will do that well in the drills to generate more than 3rd rd buzz.. but we'll see. Not a fan of his height. He starts out low, but quickly loses that bend. His short area quickness seems more stiff than fluid.. but even that doesn't mean he can't be good. Definitely an interesting prediction though.

No complaints about Phillip Thomas... can't say he would be my BPA, but I like what he could do for our secondary.

I like the value on Wheaton. Probably not my preferred WR at that spot. Blazing speed... but I think we have AJJ as the speedster. It isn't a selection I would hate.

Got no problem with selecting Brandon Williams there. Still hope we re-sign either Sopo or RJF for a reasonable deal. The rest works okay for me.

___
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Mock Draft Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

Thoughts? Criticisms?

Your first pick is... interesting. I can't say I see it.. but I wouldn't sit here and suggest it is an impossibility. Me? I don't think Kruger will do that well in the drills to generate more than 3rd rd buzz.. but we'll see. Not a fan of his height. He starts out low, but quickly loses that bend. His short area quickness seems more stiff than fluid.. but even that doesn't mean he can't be good. Definitely an interesting prediction though.

No complaints about Phillip Thomas... can't say he would be my BPA, but I like what he could do for our secondary.

I like the value on Wheaton. Probably not my preferred WR at that spot. Blazing speed... but I think we have AJJ as the speedster. It isn't a selection I would hate.

Got no problem with selecting Brandon Williams there. Still hope we re-sign either Sopo or RJF for a reasonable deal. The rest works okay for me.

I know what you mean about Kruger. He's not really looked at as a first rounder by anyone right now, but he's a guy I see rising in the post-season. He's a taller guy and loses leverage from time to time, but that's something that can be coached, and we have the coaching staff to do it. I really just see this guy testing through the roof at the combine and drawing some lofty comparisons as a more raw JJ Watt.

Wheaton's a bit of a draft crush for me. I just love his quick feet and sure hands, and he really seems to fit what we want to do with this offense. We're likely losing Randy Moss next year, Mario only signed for 2 years (i think), and who knows how well Kyle will bounce back from that acl tear, so I felt it necessary to add another speedster on the outside.

I think we'll resign RJF for cheap and he'll replace Soap as the starter while Williams waits in the wings. He could even take snaps at LE with his passrushing ability.

Thanks for the comments.

Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Kruger in the second in the mock I'm working up and Dustin Hopkins exactly where you have him. Would love to stash Lattimore on the bench for a season to be the heir apparent to Frank Gore, and I'm not saying it's out of the question, but as somebody else recently brought up; I think our coaching staff has big plans for Jewel Hampton. Love Mathieu and would love him on our team.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little early for me to dig into details about guys. So can't answer in detail. But looks pretty nice. I think we need to land the top DE available when we're picking. If that's kruger, great. But we'll know more in a couple of months.

The only pick I know I don't like is your TE. I'm not at all interested in a tackle masquerading as a TE. I know our coaches seem to like jumbo looks, but I want a pass catching threat. Doesn't have to be a deep threat like VD. I'd rather just have a guy nimble enough to make a decent cut, find a hole in the defense, use his soft hands to make a good catch ... and move the sticks, or catch a short TD. Oviously Ertz and Eiffert are the kind of guy I'm looking for, but maybe there'll be one in a middle round. Heck, maybe your Tebow-type will do.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
I have Kruger in the second in the mock I'm working up and Dustin Hopkins exactly where you have him. Would love to stash Lattimore on the bench for a season to be the heir apparent to Frank Gore, and I'm not saying it's out of the question, but as somebody else recently brought up; I think our coaching staff has big plans for Jewel Hampton. Love Mathieu and would love him on our team.

Yeah, I see Kruger moving up draft boards and ending up seen as a mid to early second round value which Trent reaches on a little bit (as he's been known to do). I like Hampton too, but with Hunter getting hurt and Gore getting older I still think we need to add to our RB core. We are still a running team afterall. The more talent in the backfield the better. Thanks for taking the time to take a look.

big9erfan wrote:
A little early for me to dig into details about guys. So can't answer in detail. But looks pretty nice. I think we need to land the top DE available when we're picking. If that's kruger, great. But we'll know more in a couple of months.

The only pick I know I don't like is your TE. I'm not at all interested in a tackle masquerading as a TE. I know our coaches seem to like jumbo looks, but I want a pass catching threat. Doesn't have to be a deep threat like VD. I'd rather just have a guy nimble enough to make a decent cut, find a hole in the defense, use his soft hands to make a good catch ... and move the sticks, or catch a short TD. Oviously Ertz and Eiffert are the kind of guy I'm looking for, but maybe there'll be one in a middle round. Heck, maybe your Tebow-type will do.

I figured the Michael Williams pick might be the controversial one (other than Kruger as a 1st round pick that is). He's my replacement plan for Delanie, but he's nothing like Delanie. A lot of times when we go with two TE sets we'll keep Davis in to block and send Walker out on pass routes. My solution to this is, get a better blocker to take Davis' spot and Davis would take Delanie's role as the H-back type. Which is why I went with Michael Williams. Personally, I'd rather take a guy like CJ Fiedorowicz(sp?) who while he's a great blocker is also a heck of an athlete, but it doesn't look like he's coming out this year. The Hermann project as I like to call it would be a pet project for Harbaugh. The kid's got a live arm and great athleticism. He can be our #3 developmental QB or if he proves he can't hit the broad side of a barn, we switch him to TE. You know how Jim loves switching guys' positions around. Thanks for checking it out.

sbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldie i say your draft scouting has become very good over the years. Its funny because I came to this site years ago for mock drafts and since last year havent been interested in the draft as much since we pick so late. weird. So I thank you guys for the scouting reports!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much about the players but i think you got our needs right. Although i would like to grab a more natural and consistent receiving TE as well, but you can't get everything in 1 draft. Maybe in FA or next year.

BTW, will you be doing a mock FA as well?
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a little too big name-ish but I would be stoked with it. I think TE is one of our bigger needs though since Delaine is a FA.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

take this down asap!
its a jinx lol

we cant post none of these until our season is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new sig... sorry alex
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
oldie i say your draft scouting has become very good over the years. Its funny because I came to this site years ago for mock drafts and since last year havent been interested in the draft as much since we pick so late. weird. So I thank you guys for the scouting reports!

Kind of you to say.. but I sure won't strut around like I know it all about every prospect. I watch what I can all season long, but can only take in so much. I do read a whole lot on various draft sites... watch a lot of clips.. and get ridiculously absorbed into the draft stuff once December and January roll around. I think it's just one of those attractive hobbies that I like to fill empty time with.

___
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
sbrown wrote:

Kind of you to say.. but I sure won't strut around like I know it all about every prospect. I watch what I can all season long, but can only take in so much. I do read a whole lot on various draft sites... watch a lot of clips.. and get ridiculously absorbed into the draft stuff once December and January roll around. I think it's just one of those attractive hobbies that I like to fill empty time with.

It's better than your previous hobby.. roaming the streets of Miami, ridding the world of bad people as some kind of vigilante serial killer. Either that or playing with your LEGOs.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
sbrown wrote:

It's better than your previous hobby.. roaming the streets of Miami, ridding the world of bad people as some kind of vigilante serial killer. Either that or playing with your LEGOs.

You been dismissing your restraining order?!? Don't make me turn you in again!

___
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
sbrown wrote:

You been dismissing your restraining order?!? Don't make me turn you in again!

Sorry, but I never miss a chance of outing a fellow LEGOer.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Sorry, but I never miss a chance of outing a fellow LEGOer.

FTW !!!

___

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: