Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Atlanta Falcons vs. San Francisco 49ers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: GDT: Atlanta Falcons vs. San Francisco 49ers Reply with quote

Date: January 20, 2013
Time: 3:00 PM ET

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
CJ4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're going all the way baby! Won't be easy, but I'm feeling good about this team. There's no way we're caught sleeping on the 49ers like we were against the Seahawks in the second half.

PS: If you thought this weeks game was good, I can't wait for next weeks. Something tells me its going to be an epic showdown.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are probably the only fanbase that wins a playoff game and acts as though we won the superbowl. Laughing

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love NFL general. The Falcons get absolutely no respect whatsoever. I almost want the Falcons to win just to shut people up. Laughing

But really, nobody is giving the Falcons a shot. Just like nobody gave them a shot against Seattle. I think the Falcons proved that they are more than capable of beating a physical team. Lynch was completely shutdown and the offense had a lot of success overall. Let's not forget the Falcons are 8-1 at home this year, with their only loss coming in a meaningless game. This team isn't 14-3, 8-1 at home, 3-0 against playoff teams, and the #1 seed for no reason. The Falcons are a damn good football team.

People act like the 49ers are some unbeatable team. Please. The same team that tied and then got beat by the Rams? The same team that got embarrassed on national television to the Seahawks? As OchoCinco would say, child please! The 49ers are a damn good football team. But they are not unbeatable. Saying the Falcons have no chance is just being ignorant.

[/rant]

With that being, after seeing what Wilson and Miller did to the defense, I am worried about what Kaep and Davis can do. But the pass rush can't get any worse. That's for damn sure. I think Nolan will dial up a better game-plan to get some pressure on Kaep. I think the 49ers will try to do similar things that Seattle had success with, but Atlanta will be ready. San Francisco has a damn good defense, but their secondary as physical as Seattle's. I think Roddy and Julio have the potential to have big days. The running game will be key. I don't think the running game will have as much success as they did against Seattle, but I just don't want to see it non-existent like it has at times this season.

I'm so pumped for this game. I still cannot believe the Falcons are one win away from going to the Super Bowl. Wow.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
We are probably the only fanbase that wins a playoff game and acts as though we won the superbowl. Laughing

Looking back, I feel kind of embarrassed that I screamed my lungs off for a good 5 minutes running all around the house when Bryant made the kick and teared up when they interviewed Tony. Thats the kind of stuff you do for a superbowl victory, not a divisional playoff win Laughing

But still

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, Falcons fans!

Just stopping in to say good luck this week. Nothing but mad respect for what the Falcons have done this year and especially for beating our arch nemesis(Seahawks). If we had lost the Green Bay game, I'd be pulling for you guys to take it all the way. Loved seeing Ryan get his first playoff win after all the criticism he, and by proxy, his fans, has received over the last couple years. I won't deny that I was critical of Ryan and the Falcons myself during some of those conversations.

Anyway... Should be a great game. Can't wait!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
I love NFL general. The Falcons get absolutely no respect whatsoever. I almost want the Falcons to win just to shut people up. Laughing

But really, nobody is giving the Falcons a shot. Just like nobody gave them a shot against Seattle. I think the Falcons proved that they are more than capable of beating a physical team. Lynch was completely shutdown and the offense had a lot of success overall. Let's not forget the Falcons are 8-1 at home this year, with their only loss coming in a meaningless game. This team isn't 14-3, 8-1 at home, 3-0 against playoff teams, and the #1 seed for no reason. The Falcons are a damn good football team.

People act like the 49ers are some unbeatable team. Please. The same team that tied and then got beat by the Rams? The same team that got embarrassed on national television to the Seahawks? As OchoCinco would say, child please! The 49ers are a damn good football team. But they are not unbeatable. Saying the Falcons have no chance is just being ignorant.

[/rant]

With that being, after seeing what Wilson and Miller did to the defense, I am worried about what Kaep and Davis can do. But the pass rush can't get any worse. That's for damn sure. I think Nolan will dial up a better game-plan to get some pressure on Kaep. I think the 49ers will try to do similar things that Seattle had success with, but Atlanta will be ready. San Francisco has a damn good defense, but their secondary as physical as Seattle's. I think Roddy and Julio have the potential to have big days. The running game will be key. I don't think the running game will have as much success as they did against Seattle, but I just don't want to see it non-existent like it has at times this season.

I'm so pumped for this game. I still cannot believe the Falcons are one win away from going to the Super Bowl. Wow.

Niner fan here, and most of us KNOW we aren't unbeatable. I as well don't like how everyone is putting us in the Super Bowl when we prone to let downs after big games. As most of you guys know, we lose every 3rd game after two consecutive wins. Well, this is the third game of the trend so I am not as confident as others. I have a lot of respect for the way the Falcons battle through adversity and how they find ways to win. Reminds me of us last year, which hasn't been the case this season. However, last game against the Packers, we overcame some shaky moments at the start of the game and wore them down. Usually, if we are down big, we won't comeback and lose in a blowout. This is Kaepernick's first road game is a tough environment. For some reason, every game the play calls come in too late or Kaepernick calls his audibles too late, but we waste two timeouts just on that. The dome is going to be rocking so that is something to worry about. All in all, I'm hopeful we pull it out, but it won't be easy!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:

Looking back, I feel kind of embarrassed that I screamed my lungs off for a good 5 minutes running all around the house when Bryant made the kick and teared up when they interviewed Tony. Thats the kind of stuff you do for a superbowl victory, not a divisional playoff win Laughing

But still

Completely warrented. I did the exact same thing and regret nothing!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sneak peek into Nolen's gameplan. I heard Julio will have an increased role as a third safety this week... Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:

But still

You are certainly not alone dude.

I feel much better about this game than I did for the Seattle game. Maybe that's because we hadn't yet won a game and we're heading into this game with one. But still, I'm not as much worried for their defense or Kaepernick as I was for Sherman, Browner and the defense and Wilson. I feel the experience with Wilson, Newton, and RG3 will only help us with Kaep. And playing Wilson last week will help us TREMENDOUSLY in stopping Kaepernick. I know for a fact that the dome will be rockin' The D will be fired up, Abe has a week to get that ankle a bit healthier. Nolan will come up with a better gameplan, and Ryan will be able to connect on the deep passes, because SF's CBs aren't like Seattles. Culliver, Brown, and Rogers are good, but I don't see them making any of the plays Sherman did last week.

I don't see SF playing as good a game they did last week, unless our team shuts it off. But it will not be an easy game. I can't wait for it, and am anxious to hopefully see our boys' in the Super Bowl!!!!! Pray
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why coach decided to use cliff matthews over sidbury. I think sidbury would have at least kept the pace on the pass rush

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
I wonder why coach decided to use cliff matthews over sidbury. I think sidbury would have at least kept the pace on the pass rush

Sidbury would have been just as ineffective.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:

Why do people insist on bring up sidbury. In 4 years as a pro, he hasn't shown much. Do you think coaches just keep really talented players inactive for no reason? No. He hasn't shown what he needs to to get on the field. Can't ge more simple than that
Lentz33

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope the team doesn't feel like their season goal has been accomplished and play the full 60 minutes this weekend. Honestly, I like this matchup better than last weeks. I don't think Kaepernick will carve us up with his arm like Wilson did. But hopefully we can contain him a tad better than GB did haha

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
CJ4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaepernick reminds me of a better passing Vince Young, which is pretty scary. With the way we handled playing against Russell Wilson, I don't have a ton of confidence in being able to stop him on the ground, we can only hope to minimize the damage. I would still take my chances with him through the air.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: