Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Energy Stadium Home of the Cleveland Browns...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Quote:
#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam on whether a roof will go on stadium: We're going to look at a lot of different options for the stadium.

Haslam started almost immediately looking for naming rights.

No doubt in my mind that we get a roof.

Haslem wants a SB here.

Maybe we could get a decent bowl game also.

NCAA Tourney??

Big 10 title game Twisted Evil

Won't even be fair giving OSU practically another homegame!!!

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
I knew I'd be in the minority with my posts. I didn't think it would be so lopsided, but I knew most wouldn't care.

I care, just not that much. I would definitely prefer to keep it without a name, but I prefer lots of things that don't materialize. Smile

I'd prefer it if guys not dance every time they make a 15-yard play or get a sack, but I stopped really caring and accepted it, I guess. Harping on it would make me sound like a cranky old man. Wait....

P.S. You're not a cranky old man, Thomas. At least not yet.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
I knew I'd be in the minority with my posts. I didn't think it would be so lopsided, but I knew most wouldn't care.

I care, just not that much. I would definitely prefer to keep it without a name, but I prefer lots of things that don't materialize. Smile

I'd prefer it if guys not dance every time they make a 15-yard play or get a sack, but I stopped really caring and accepted it, I guess. Harping on it would make me sound like a cranky old man. Wait....

P.S. You're not a cranky old man, Thomas. At least not yet.

Back in my day we hung on to a belief until the day that you died and they had to pry it from your cold dead hands. But I get what you are saying.

Gotta run, I hear the neighborhood kids and I just know they will end up on my lawn.

Jimmy wishes those kids in the brown and orange would stay off of his grass. He wasn't angry about the game when they showed him on the T.V., he just didn't want them tearing up his lawn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid name...
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
Stupid name...
I like what my son called whne I took up for his 1st game when he was 5. "The Big Giant Orange Football House."

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
fatpig

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ haha. to this day my niece calls the Jake, err Progressive Field, the "Wahoo House"
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
^ haha. to this day my niece calls the Jake, err Progressive Field, the "Wahoo House"

I've been to a diffrent Wahoo house. There were a lot of homeruns though and I met this nice lady.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
fatpig wrote:

I've been to a diffrent Wahoo house. There were a lot of homeruns though and I met this nice lady.

I have heard about such houses in West Virginia. Scary stories. Laughing

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanna know how much money it cost them

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
MarkPrice25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstEnergy Stadium doesn't have the same ring to it as FirstEnergy Field... Oh well, I'm still calling it Cleveland Stadium.

Other news from the press conference:

Quote:
Haslam also said no cheerleaders for the Browns because "they don't fit Cleveland."

Yes! Thank you!

Quote:
Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said helmets will not be altered...

YES!!! THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
... and no uniform changes will be made...

YE...

Quote:
...until at least the 2014 season.

Oh.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_ceo_joe_banne_2.html

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkPrice25 wrote:
FirstEnergy Stadium doesn't have the same ring to it as FirstEnergy Field... Oh well, I'm still calling it Cleveland Stadium.

Quote:
Haslam also said no cheerleaders for the Browns because "they don't fit Cleveland."

Yes! Thank you!

Quote:

YES!!! THANK YOU!!!

Quote:

YE...

Quote:

Oh.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_ceo_joe_banne_2.html

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said helmets will not be altered and no uniform changes will be made until at least the 2014 season.

With those two being part of the same sentence makes it hard to tell if there won't be a helmet change or not until 2014.

I really don't want the image of the Browns to change (shocking huh?) and if there is change I hope it is minor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am one who would love a uniform change. IMO the browns uniforms are very dull. Im not saying a completely brand new uniforms but at least make them a little bit more exciting.

they cant touch the color scheme unless they change the game which they would never do. they just need to be updated. I think it needs to be done to make the team feel new and a little different. The attitude of this team needs to be changed. Something like a new owner, new front office, new coaching staff, and new altered unis could really bring a breath of fresh air into this franchise.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
i am one who would love a uniform change. IMO the browns uniforms are very dull. Im not saying a completely brand new uniforms but at least make them a little bit more exciting.

they cant touch the color scheme unless they change the game which they would never do. they just need to be updated. I think it needs to be done to make the team feel new and a little different. The attitude of this team needs to be changed. Something like a new owner, new front office, new coaching staff, and new altered unis could really bring a breath of fresh air into this franchise.

Moving far away from lake Erie would do that also.

That's for DS's WV joke. (I relocated here from Ohio anyway) (not only for the Wahoo houses)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Moving far away from lake Erie would do that also.

That's for DS's WV joke. (I relocated here from Ohio anyway) (not only for the Wahoo houses)

i think I rather smell the air off of Lake Erie than the air of inbred love making in WV lol

I got jokes!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
MarkPrice25 wrote:

Quote:

Yes! Thank you!

Quote:

YES!!! THANK YOU!!!

Quote:

YE...

Quote:

Oh.

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said helmets will not be altered and no uniform changes will be made until at least the 2014 season.

With those two being part of the same sentence makes it hard to tell if there won't be a helmet change or not until 2014.

I really don't want the image of the Browns to change (shocking huh?) and if there is change I hope it is minor.

I agree with your last statement. This is the team my dad cheers for, and my granddad cheered for (he also cheered for the Cleveland Rams, which is why I have a little soft spot for them, too) and for both of them, they wore pretty much the same uniform.

Kosar won wearing the same uni that Sipe won wearing, and that Kelly won wearing, and that Brown won wearing, and that Graham won wearing.

The unis aren't the problem. The losing is.

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: