Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Rest of the Coaching Staff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2322
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
So far the only coach from Gailey's staff is Strength and Conditioning Coach - Eric Ciano.

Noticed that. The thing that really surprises me is that D'Alessandris hasn't been retained (yet?) to coach the OL. He seemed like the clearly obvious coach to keep IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trentwannabe


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 3640
Location: Igloo, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
So far the only coach from Gailey's staff is Strength and Conditioning Coach - Eric Ciano.

Noticed that. The thing that really surprises me is that D'Alessandris hasn't been retained (yet?) to coach the OL. He seemed like the clearly obvious coach to keep IMO.


With Marrone being an O-line coach, I'm not the least bit surprised. He will want the o-line to be his way and his style. Wouldn't surprise me if Marrone was our o-line coach.
_________________


I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2322
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
So far the only coach from Gailey's staff is Strength and Conditioning Coach - Eric Ciano.

Noticed that. The thing that really surprises me is that D'Alessandris hasn't been retained (yet?) to coach the OL. He seemed like the clearly obvious coach to keep IMO.


With Marrone being an O-line coach, I'm not the least bit surprised. He will want the o-line to be his way and his style. Wouldn't surprise me if Marrone was our o-line coach.

I guess...the clue might have been putting OL coach Greg Adkins in the tight ends job.

I'm not a huge fan of making the HC work as a positional coach (or even OC/DC) as well. Besides, he could have given D'Alessandris the big picture and then taken advantage of the communication already in place between D'Alessandris and the OL. Any idea whether Marrone ran the ZBS or MBS in Syracuse?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10253
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
So far the only coach from Gailey's staff is Strength and Conditioning Coach - Eric Ciano.

Noticed that. The thing that really surprises me is that D'Alessandris hasn't been retained (yet?) to coach the OL. He seemed like the clearly obvious coach to keep IMO.


With Marrone being an O-line coach, I'm not the least bit surprised. He will want the o-line to be his way and his style. Wouldn't surprise me if Marrone was our o-line coach.
That would surprise me a lot actually. I hope Joe D is back, but I'm sure Marrone will not be his own OLine coach.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maxmw22


Moderator
Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 11012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We definitely like these old Giants players, Tyrone Wheatley, Ike Hilliard, man, I feel old cause I remember watching them play Embarassed
_________________

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigbadbuff23835


Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Posts: 8706
Location: NY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
We definitely like these old Giants players, Tyrone Wheatley, Ike Hilliard, man, I feel old cause I remember watching them play Embarassed



Me too and i'm only 19. Laughing
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2322
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:
We definitely like these old Giants players, Tyrone Wheatley, Ike Hilliard, man, I feel old cause I remember watching them play Embarassed



Me too and i'm only 19. Laughing

Pfft! I'm old enough to have seen O.J. on the tv!

------------

Another coach, actually Syracuse coach, added:

Buffalo Bills: The New York Post is reporting Syracuse linebackers / associate head coach John Anselmo has joined the Buffalo staff.

(EDIT) - And of course the other above mentioned Giant...

Buffalo Bills:
Washington Redskins wide receivers coach Ike Hilliard has accepted the wide receivers job in Buffalo.

Someone needs to bring back an "I Like Ike" button to sell while tailgating! Wink
_________________


Last edited by Yibbyl on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 10569
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we just rename the team the Buffalo Orange at this point? Laughing
_________________
Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2322
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Can we just rename the team the Buffalo Orange at this point? Laughing

No kidding. I can't recall any former college coach who has brought so many from his old school with him to the NFL!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2322
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an act of charity, Marrone has left thew following alone! Laughing

Syracuse: Wide receivers coach Rob Moore and defensive line coach Tim Daoust have been retained.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10253
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like OC Nate Hackett will also coach the QBs too ... I dont see a problem with that.

Also, looks like the only vacant spot is the OLine coach ... I'm pulling for Coach Joe D'Alessandris to be brought back.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2322
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Looks like OC Nate Hackett will also coach the QBs too ... I dont see a problem with that.

Also, looks like the only vacant spot is the OLine coach ... I'm pulling for Coach Joe D'Alessandris to be brought back.


Nope. We didn't keep Joey the D.

Buffalo Bills: Former Tampa Bay offensive line coach Pat Morris has accepted the offensive line job under Doug Marrone.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thelonebillsfan


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 10569
Location: In the ether
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Bucs O-line was pretty good under him. I like the hire. Would have preferred to keep Joey D but it's a good hire. That means Marrone can just focus on being the HC.
_________________
Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2322
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Well the Bucs O-line was pretty good under him. I like the hire. Would have preferred to keep Joey D but it's a good hire. That means Marrone can just focus on being the HC.

Wasn't familiar with his work...Checked Football Outsiders and saw mostly middle of the road results for his OL play in Minnesota `06-`10 and Tampa `11. Keep in mind that's just the results, but those results vary greatly depending on personnel... Best guess is he's not a bad hire, but may not be in the highest tier of OL coaches.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2322
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought our staff was complete, but...

Buffalo Bills: According to EagleTotem.net, Eastern Michigan offensive line coach / run game coordinator Kurt Anderson has accepted a position on the Buffalo Bills staff.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group