Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking the Players 2012: #6
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is #6?
S. Lee, ILB
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
D. Bailey, PK
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
B. Carter, ILB
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
D. Harris, Ret/WR
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
D. Ware, OLB
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
J. Hatcher, DE
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
D. Murray, RB
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
T. Smith, LT
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
M. Austin, WR
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
M. Claiborne, CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 27

Author Message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25123
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Ranking the Players 2012: #6 Reply with quote

Who was our #6 top player of 2012? Vote and Discuss!

Rules:
1. If you Vote, also give a brief explanation as to why. This is to generate insightful discussion.
2. Don't ask me what top player means to me. What does it mean to you. Best, Healthiest, Most consistent, Whatever standard you use, stick to it.
3. I will have 10 players in every round. After your explanation if you would like to nominate a player, I am open to it.
4. I am the final arbitrator on everything including but not limited to ties. My word is law. And I do accept bribes.
5. I didn't add King Cole to this first round to troll the forum. Refer to rule 4.

2012 Rankings:
1. Dez Bryant, WR
2. Jason Witten, TE
3. Tony Romo, QB
4. Anthony Spencer, OLB
5. Brandon Carr, CB
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25123
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once again vote for Money Man Bailey. He has been so remarkably reliable that it's fantastic.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3716
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Bailey as well.
_________________

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Posts: 3317
Location: Tony Romo sucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I obviously have a different view as most people in this forum, as how to rate a player as the best. The guy I voted for # 1 just got voted in. So this will be my first time voting for someone other than Carr. This to me came down to Carter and Hatcher. Baily and Tyron Smith, very close as well. Tyron Smith allowed very few sacks this season, but the line overall was so poor. Bruise Carter was lights out all year, well almost all year. He didn't play all year, so he gets booted down too. Baily, all though he did kick well this year, he is only on the feild a few times a game. I just can't say he was the PLAYER quite yet. He was an awesome kicker though.

The answer is Jason Hatcher. He was the only lineman, offensive or defensive, that dominated at times. I actually saw Hatcher dominate some games. Jason Hatcher.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25123
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
I obviously have a different view as most people in this forum, as how to rate a player as the best. The guy I voted for # 1 just got voted in. So this will be my first time voting for someone other than Carr. This to me came down to Carter and Hatcher. Baily and Tyron Smith, very close as well. Tyron Smith allowed very few sacks this season, but the line overall was so poor. Bruise Carter was lights out all year, well almost all year. He didn't play all year, so he gets booted down too. Baily, all though he did kick well this year, he is only on the feild a few times a game. I just can't say he was the PLAYER quite yet. He was an awesome kicker though.

The answer is Jason Hatcher. He was the only lineman, offensive or defensive, that dominated at times. I actually saw Hatcher dominate some games. Jason Hatcher.


Hatcher is actually my next choice, after Bailey. They man was extremely impressive especially when you consider that he often times provided the only pressure in game situations.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt79511


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 3498
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I voted Hatcher. Finally stayed healthy, played very well in all facets apart from a couple inopportune penalties.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G-osh


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 238
Location: San Jose, CA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. Ware

Double digit sacks for the 7th season in a row.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38925
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT!?!?!?!

No Barry Church?

I refuse to vote.
_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25123
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe Ware is leading this poll.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38925
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I can't believe Ware is leading this poll.


Why?

Ware is one of, if not the, best defensive players in the NFL.

Was he disappointing by Ware standards? Sure.. But he was still a top player in the league and on our team.
_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25123
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I can't believe Ware is leading this poll.


Why?

Ware is one of, if not the, best defensive players in the NFL.

Was he disappointing by Ware standards? Sure.. But he was still a top player in the league and on our team.


Not in 2012 he wasn't. He was the worst of our Starting LBers IMO.

Love Ware. But 2012 wasn't his year.

I have Bailey and Hatcher easily ahead of him.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38925
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I can't believe Ware is leading this poll.


Why?

Ware is one of, if not the, best defensive players in the NFL.

Was he disappointing by Ware standards? Sure.. But he was still a top player in the league and on our team.


Not in 2012 he wasn't. He was the worst of our Starting LBers IMO.

Love Ware. But 2012 wasn't his year.

I have Bailey and Hatcher easily ahead of him.


We only had 1 LB start 16 games.

Lee and Carter did not have the same impact in ~8 games as Ware had in 16.
_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25123
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:


We only had 1 LB start 16 games.

Lee and Carter did not have the same impact in ~8 games as Ware had in 16.


I would argue that Bailey had a larger correlation to us winning games than Ware did in 2012.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38925
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:


We only had 1 LB start 16 games.

Lee and Carter did not have the same impact in ~8 games as Ware had in 16.


I would argue that Bailey had a larger correlation to us winning games than Ware did in 2012.


Baily also lost us the Ravens game.

Plus... Really? DeMarcus Ware had a down year => BY HIS STANDARDS <= .. but he still had a pretty good year.
_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3421
Location: Travel-er
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIGHT BACK ! Bailey gonna win this one in the end like he does in the clutch. Wink
_________________

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group