Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH Mock 2013 Offseason 1.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're gonna trade a FA and move up in the draft huh
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
No needed to get defensive deuces. I can see us trading up probably once. This draft isn't as strong as 2012. I'm all for moving up for Milliner but also wouldn't mind moving down for Rhodes.

I say if we fix certain issues in FA then yeah it's be easier to project draft trades. But right now we don't know if we resign Michael Bennett. How much are we willing to pay? Love to have him bak but it's no slam dunk.

I like a majority of the moves minus DRC and and Freeny. From what I've seen in DRC and what eagles fans have said he's soft and inconsistent and will probably be overpaid on the FA market. I just hope it's not the bucs making that move.

I think freeney isn't a good move either. Past his prime. Clayborns injury may limit him in TC so don't rule out a Paul Kruegar or 1st round selection.

Sorry if I came across grumpy I didn't mean to.

All I am trying to say is I would rather come out of the fa period/draft with a few studs as opposed to a bunch of decent guys. I know every offseason will not be like our last but I would rather be aggressive during the draft whether it be a trade back then move up again like last year or use both our 4s this year to move up.

Look at what one guy in Jackson did for our whole receiving core, or Martin did for our run game.

No doubt how much Jackson did for our offense. But I'm not sure their is an elite caliber guy on the defensive side of the ball that can do tht in FA this year. Jaryius Byrd comes to mind but I think he doesn't leave buffalo unless they're really that dumb.

In the draft id be content with trading down getting Rhodes then moving back up and getting Zach Ertz. Kid is going to be a match up night mare for defenses in the seems.

For 3wr slot position the guy to keep an eye on is Julian Endleman. Makes tough catches and runs crisp routes and seems reliable at a good price.
BucsCanesFan6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also not that high on Millner, wouldn't mind if we picked him, but not sure I'd trade up for him. Overall though this would be a fantastic offseason!

Edit: What R&P said about trading back for Rhodes and getting Ertz is exactly what I would love for the Bucs to do. Ertz will be a great TE, kid is a monster, really want the Bucs to get him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the thing that everyone keeps saying is Freeney doesnt make sense, while in the contrary it makes perfect sense to me. It sounds like Clayborn wont be fully healed, so that gives Freeney the chance to be the RE. We need a speed rusher, even if he's lost a step it's still one of the fastest first steps in the NFL.

I just cant see us taking a DE or signing a big name FA one outside of the building that's young. It would be writing off what Clayborn did as a rookie getting 9 sacks.

I truly think that Freeney would be a perfect fit and do what Jackson did for our defense

#TradeUpForTeddy
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see DRC being a Schiano type of player. Great size and physical skills, but has been known not to play hard or always be a willing tackler. I'm not sure those traits get better when he gets paid. I believe CBs like Grimes or Keenan Lewis from the Steelers fit the mold better.

I like your idea of Freeney and Bennett, just not so sure as mentioned before Freeney would want to be part of a rotation. Like the draft concept, good job.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the FA, there is not a lot of elite talent in this FA like there was last year but there is a lot of talent and great depth. I now most of these players will probably go back to their teams but just looking at there is a lot of players I wouldn't mind here. Some more than others but i like what could be available.

Terrance Knighton
Glenn Dorsey
Michael Johnson
Matt Shaughnessy
Randy Starks
Osi Umenyiora
Connor Barwin
Dwight Freeney
Paul Kruger
Daryl Smith
Jairus Byrd
Louis Delmas
Mike Jenkins
Laron Landry
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Sean Smith

Danny Amendola
Julian Edelman
Ted Ginn Jr.
Devery Henderson
Reggie Bush
Chris Ivory
Felix Jones
Martellus Bennett
Jared Cook
Fred Davis
Dustin Keller
Ed Dickson
Sebastian Vollmer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Paul Kruegar. He's just a nasty player.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn Dorsey!!! my mind melts thinking about how amazing McCoy/Dorsey playing side by side

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: