Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Championship Round: Ray-Ray-Ravens vs Our Forefathers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can the Ravens win?
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 36 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Call me....maybe?
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 52

sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
In other news, our fans definitely travel well. There was a noticeable sounding of the Seven Nation army chant on Sunday. And even during the National Anthem, the giant 'O'... I'm not completely sure, but isn't that mostly/only done here in Baltimore (because of the Orioles)... In NY for college, I never heard people do that at sporting events. I would do it out of habit and didn't understand why they didn't do it.

I didn't figure out that, that wasn't an apart of the National Anthem until halfway through college.

But yeah, the 'O' chant during the National Anthem was crazy loud.

Just going off what I've heard from others, but people outside of Baltimore have told me it's often times seen as "rude" and "disrespectful". I, like you, have always done it out of habit and thought it was just a normal part of the anthem - but apparently it's not, at least not outside of Maryland.

So yeah, I was certainly surprised to hear it during the New England game, especially given how loud it was. A lot of my friends actually were at the game, and many said during the course of the week that they had planned on going, but I didn't think too many people would be inclined to make the trip up to NE - guess I was wrong. Happy to be wrong though, in this case. Smile

I was honestly contemplating going to the Super Bowl, and obviously the allure of it being in New Orleans during this time of the year made it all that much more appealing. But I was thinking about dropping MAYBE like a grand for some good/decent seats, come to find out even the absolute worst tickets in the stadium still only go for like $2000, minimum. Love me some Ravens, hence the name, but if you think I'm dropping $2k to sit up in the rafters to watch my team play.....yeah, you're out of your damn mind. Laughing

Maybe one day though, one day when I hit the lottery or something lol.

People who think chanting the "O" in the national anthem is rude or disrespectful simply don't understand the words rude or disrespectful. I love the chant even though I don't do it personally. A long time ago I was taught to get off my butt, remove my hat, and face the music whenever the national anthem is heard. To this day, I still do it, even in my own living room. But what I do has no bearing on what other people do or should not do. If you want to sing along, sing along! If you want to place your hand over your heart, even better! If you're participating in the song in some way, even if just chanting "O", then you're still participating. And that's what matters. Nothing bothers me more then the people who don't stand and can't even shut the hell up during the National Anthem. That's rude and disrespectful, but that's just my humble opinion.

Applause

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an effort to help get this to 52 pages, I wanted to display this piece of comedy.

http://i.minus.com/ilnnwTchVr4Nx.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin wants da cash.

I hate the Jaguars
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JROD82891 wrote:
In an effort to help get this to 52 pages, I wanted to display this piece of comedy.

http://i.minus.com/ilnnwTchVr4Nx.gif

I was waiting for a GIF of that. So hilarious! He made him his biatch on that play, completely!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/videos/the-shame-report/0ap2000000129841/The-Shame-Report-Championship-Sunday

Laughing this dude craps all over Brady and the Patriots.

BTW I love that from now on when discussing Brady I can throw around the term "dirty player."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we need 52 pages, I'm going to help here

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
derp?

Tom Brady is a dirty player (not really)

StRawz11

Joe proved me wrong

StRawz11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harbowl!

StRawz11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
derp?

herp?

StRawz11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John is just the unathletic older brother who is just a special teams coach in a head coach position (i'm glaring at you SnA)

coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://russellstreetreport.com/filmstudy-afc-championship-defensive-notes/

Quote:
For the 3rd straight game, the Ravens allowed 80 snaps on defense and won. As you probably heard on the broadcast, the 87 snap (including kneels) defensive efforts versus the Colts and Broncos were the first such wins in NFL playoff history. Iím not sure how many teams have won when allowing 82, but I would wager itís a single digit.

Quote:
The other atypical substitution was the alternation of Smith and Brown as outside corner in the nickel. They alternated every other series or so with Brown accumulating 41 snaps to 36 by Smith. Brown missed a tackle on Lloyd (Q4, 13:17) which resulted in 7 YAC. He and Graham also miscommunicated their assignments on the Patriots only TD (Q2, 4:22), leaving Welker wide open for the score. Smith wasnít beaten for any big YAC plays, but he may have had a chance for a PD on Hernandezí 8-yard catch (Q1, 3:57) which was followed up by Lewisí helmet-to-helmet hit

Quote:
Simms commented that the Ravens ďdonít do muchĒ on defense, which was certainly true in the 2nd half. It struck me how much this defense has changed from the Ryan era. Rex didnít have any problem pulling Bart Scott on passing downs to insert a 6th or even 7th defensive back. The 2012-13 Ravens have shown no willingness to substitute for Lewis or Ellerbe.

Another thing that really stood out to me was the number of plays that they used nickel alignments. Out of 80 plays they had 5 defensive backs in on 77 of them. That seems almost unbelievable but it definitely worked. I remember commenting (SnA too) about how Houston got destroyed by playing base most of the time and it seems Baltimore definitely had their plan worked out.

The author also commented about Upshaw not playing much the last couple of weeks but that's to be expected going up against Manning and Brady. He's going to be be a pretty important player against San Francisco.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to point out that I said we would stop the rushing attack by using nickel all game long, although I said we'd use Ihedigbo (and I originally said Jimmy Smith, SO HA!) Dancing

NostraExclusiVe!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I just want to point out that I said we would stop the rushing attack by using nickel all game long, although I said we'd use Ihedigbo (and I originally said Jimmy Smith, SO HA!) Dancing

NostraExclusiVe!

You know you piggybacked off me on this one Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 51 of 52

Jump to: