Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Championship Round: Ray-Ray-Ravens vs Our Forefathers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can the Ravens win?
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 36 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Call me....maybe?
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 52

Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey friends, good luck in two weeks. The Ravens have proven that they are the AFC's best team top to bottom this season, I hope this little streak of NFC superbowl champions ends this season. If Flacco can produce a superbowl winning performance against that serious 49ers defense he'll be stepping into rarefied air!

Get it done!

Until next time,
CP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

Last edited by ConvenientTruth on Fri December 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
JROD82891

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConvenientTruth wrote:

Cool

Absolutely Beautiful.

I really appreciate NE trying to honor the greatest though. Gotta give them that.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We needz a Super Bowl thread.

I know I know, I'm not going to jinx anything and make it myself. But someone should get that up ASAP.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal favorite is that after the Pollard whining in the Patriots forum, someone smartly points out that the 'defenseless' helmet to helmet rule is not in effect if the player is running with the ball and can see the hit coming. Therefore there is no penalty when Pollard decks Ridley. To which the response was, and I quote

Quote:
Which is dumb, because, as we saw last night, helmet-to-helmet on "protected" players will lead to Ridley getting knocked the F out.

For all the league does to try to make the game safe, leaving out helmet to helmet hits on runners is incredibly dumb.

Not saying the hit on Ridley was 100%, or really any percent, on Pollard (if I remember it correctly, Ridley puts his head down and Pollard's head happened to be in the way instead of him coming down for the hit), but it's something that should be looked at closely, considering runningbacks take a lot of damage to their bodies.

LMAO at how ridiculous the NFL would become if they tried to enforce any and all helmet to helmet contact.

The Patriots lose and now we have to change the rules. My oh my.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
My personal favorite is that after the Pollard whining in the Patriots forum, someone smartly points out that the 'defenseless' helmet to helmet rule is not in effect if the player is running with the ball and can see the hit coming. Therefore there is no penalty when Pollard decks Ridley. To which the response was, and I quote

Quote:
Which is dumb, because, as we saw last night, helmet-to-helmet on "protected" players will lead to Ridley getting knocked the F out.

For all the league does to try to make the game safe, leaving out helmet to helmet hits on runners is incredibly dumb.

Not saying the hit on Ridley was 100%, or really any percent, on Pollard (if I remember it correctly, Ridley puts his head down and Pollard's head happened to be in the way instead of him coming down for the hit), but it's something that should be looked at closely, considering runningbacks take a lot of damage to their bodies.

LMAO at how ridiculous the NFL would become if they tried to enforce any and all helmet to helmet contact.

The Patriots lose and now we have to change the rules. My oh my.

You have to know that the Patriots losing a game means there was some flaw in the system. They can't be outplayed. Simply can't happen. THEY ARE THE FREAKING PATRIOTS!!!!!

If they lose, it was either the refs fault, a rules fault, or some result of injuries that they couldn't overcome. They have never in the history of the NFL been outplayed - I think - at least from what I've seen from like 97% of their fanbase.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish they would recognize helmet-to-helmet hits on the offense as well as the defense. It seems like on a lot of these the offensive players are the ones to duck their heads and initiate contact with the helmets when the defender already has his head lowered (to tackle, not to drive his helmet into the body). That's exactly what happened with Ridley even though there wasn't a flag thrown.
drd23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I know I know, I'm not going to jinx anything and make it myself. But someone should get that up ASAP.

Such a big event really calls for an RTID special imo

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so torn up for Webb man. That hurts a bit.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I just wish they would recognize helmet-to-helmet hits on the offense as well as the defense. It seems like on a lot of these the offensive players are the ones to duck their heads and initiate contact with the helmets when the defender already has his head lowered (to tackle, not to drive his helmet into the body). That's exactly what happened with Ridley even though there wasn't a flag thrown.

I know, I feel like defensive players are being punished for offensive players initiating H2H contact and lowering their heads. It's a penalty for defensive players to lead with their shoulder pads (which then turns into the helmet), but not the offensive players. I understand it's a different setting, but offensive players, if they lower their head and get hit in the helmet area, should either NOT be called a penalty on the offense, or should be called a penalty on the offense. A simple 5 yard penalty wouldn't hurt anyone too bad, and especially since RB's can still "truck" people without completely lowering their helmet (something your taught from day 1 of padded football NOT to do on offense OR defense).

If you're going to preach safety, has to go both ways!

PS: Did something new happen to Webb?!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I was debating this, but I didn't know if anyone else wanted to take the reigns. If there's no objections, I wouldn't mind getting one up by tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
drd23 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I was debating this, but I didn't know if anyone else wanted to take the reigns. If there's no objections, I wouldn't mind getting one up by tomorrow night.

all you man

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
nevermore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the SB, John should really call up Jeff Fisher for some advice on how to beat the Niners.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Regarding the SB, John should really call up Jeff Fisher for some advice on how to beat the Niners.

Can the SB end in a tie? Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
drd23 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Yeah... It was always going to be you. It's your destiny my brotha! Razz Cool

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 48 of 52

Jump to: